Battle with that pet

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us
Re: Battle with that pet

Post by Tuatha » February 2nd, 2014, 3:20 am

Skavenged wrote:Tuatha, maybe you'll have more luck with one of my personal Favs and one that I use quite a bit in PVE... the Jade Owl
Skavanged, I'm not sure how the Jade Owl makes it into your personal favorites list. Maybe it's because mine is a b/b, but I couldn't get any synergy going at all, and kept getting shredded by... well, everything. At one point I thought the Owl was going to solo a Lil' Bling, but then he didn't. And I lost. Again. Or maybe it was the abundance of dragonkin today. It's actually a tad on the unusual side to see so many dragons in my bg, but there the were, tails all up in my face with their slapping of my Owl.

At first I tried to incorporate him in an all jade team and teamed him with a Jade Oozeling and Jadefire Spirit. After four losses I switched it up to a clonekin/hawknado type team, just kept the jade connection with the Wild Jade Hatchling and Jademist Dancer. Failing miserably again, I abandoned the jade team but kept the clonekin strategy and switched the Dancer for Mr Wiggles (whose Uncanny Luck lasts longer than Rain Dance and is underutilized in clonekins, imo), and managed to take one out of five matches.

I swear it was a bad night to have a magic pet on your team, because that team was solid.

I decided I needed a humanoid to fend off the dragons and an aquatic to keep the ever potential valks at bay. But an Idol's sandstorm would mess up my slicing wind attack, and I can't not use demolish while it's hitting so well, so I couldn't go with the Idol. And the Flayer was a favorite back when deflect was reflect, and I just used him for my last "battle with that pet" challenge, so I had to find something outside of my comfort zone again. I had also been seeing a fair number of beasts, so tried the Darkmoon Tonk with Charge.

A fire breathing dragon will kill a Tonk with Charge, fyi.

I ended up with a Rotten Little Helper, Jade Owl, and Emperor Crab for two wins in four matches. That made it three wins in, I don't know, twenty-to-thirty-felt-like-forty matches. A miserable experience with that freaking owl.

Most memorable Jade Owl moment: using Adrenaline Rush so I could be faster than my opponent and then using Lift-Off to avoid a Geyser at 18 health, hitting to bring him to double digits and then dying for the loss.

Lio, I'm giving you a pass because you should have given Skavenged (the poster before your post) a pet to use. I'll give Skavanged a pet to use and you can take your revenge on me. (Btw, I saw that named Gazelle Fawn after I posted it. I thought you named it after an experience like that Jade Owl gave me. I'm glad you came up with a team worth exploring later!) Just remember, it's been 5 minutes and we're back to being friends...

Skavenged, that Death Adder Hatchling has raised the ire of your Cobra Hatchling. Show him he's still loved and let him win a few battles.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » February 2nd, 2014, 8:56 am

The Hyacinth Macaw is a mixed bag. Parrots, except for Miniwing, has the same abilities as a Imperial Eagle Chick/Tickbird Hatchling/White Tickbird Hatchling but in a worse placement, perhaps that will change when Hawk Eye gets a buff. I often use Imperial Eagle Chick, either the 325 speed one or my favourite the 341 power one, either just as a solid pet or more often as part of a clonedancer team.

Problem with Hyacinth Macaw, other than ability placement, is that it’s stats are pretty suboptimal. It can still do the job, but other birds just do it better. 276 speed is ok when factoring in the racial. 244 power is probably amongst the lowest you will see. It does have 1644 health, which should make it more durable and be speedy for longer, but compared to base health of 1400 it’s about half a hit(or one weaker blow).

I didn’t wanna do the clonedancer that would be the most obvious route to go, and I was tempted to see if I could make any use of Hawk Eye. But Adrenalin Rush just seems more useful when the racial is gone.

Well i did try Hawk Eye and I did crit more, but when your crits hits for 200… well let’s say it does not feel quite worth it. I did get a couple of wins, and if Lift-Off hit the Macaw did contribute, otherwise it felt tagged on to the other pets. Go for other birds is my tip. Though it did work ok in a clonedancer team, was pretty nice to do Hawk Eye -> Cyclone -> switch to dancer. But still doesn’t hit as hard as the Eagle Chick.

Btw tried out the De-Weponized, Qiraji and Direhorn, it was both quite fun and successful. Excellent fun to two-shot Xu-Fu, and with Skavenged tactics against Valks it was quite durable against them as well.

Jade Owl sounds nice, but in reality not many people are running aquatics outside of Crawdads and the occasional Crab, so in that environment it’s just a slow bird with the weak magic racial. I only use it against the Gnome trainer in Howling Fjord, against his Penguin.

Red Panda seems to suffer from 276 power and 276 speed. Unless running into mechanicals it might be able to keep up the beast racial for longer and do some real damage, but without those 25% it seems to hit a bit too weak.

Tuatha make some good use of your Ominous Flame. I would be particularly interested if you find some nice use for Forboding Curse, but that would of course leave you without Conflagrate.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » February 2nd, 2014, 11:35 am

Tuatha, that was really really not nice... That poor defenseless cobra just doesn't team well with anything, and he really squishy. I don't think he enjoyed this experiment at all.

I started off by trying out an all "hatchling" team, with the Sprite Darter hatchling and Obsidian Hatchling. I ran into a triple Crow team in my first three fights, and barely even made a dent. Tried replacing the Obsidian Hatchling with a Silithid Hatchling, so I'd have a second weather changer, but facing three crows, it just wasn't enough. Then I got smart and replaced the Sprite Darter with a fossilized Hatchling and that's when I managed to find just a little success from the AOE advantage. I didn't see the crow team again, so I also put my Obsidian Hatchling back in to boost the DOT damage from the cobra's poison. Not even gonna lie... that Obsidian is a Valk killer, and pretty much an "anything else" killer in one-on-one situations. He took down Xu-Fu twice.

I still wasn't getting the results I wanted though, so I decided to abandon the Hatchling theme and pair the cobra with one of my all time favorite teams: Gnome/Toenibbler combo, except that I kept the Obsidian instead of the Nibbler. I then won the next 5 fights (the turret/poison/Exposed Wounds combo is an absolute beast) and decided my poor little cobra had been through enough for one day. Probably the biggest thing I learned is that I absolutely love the Obsidian Hatchling, and even moved him in to replace the Toenibbler permanently.

On a side note, the Jade Owl can solo the Water Spirit. I use him to take down the first two pets, usually with barely a scrape on him, then I switch in a carry pet on the Spirit's first round, then switch him out for Legs who uses Whirlpool followed by Surge of power and then a double pump. All three pets alive at the end without fail.

Vek, why don't you give my friend the Ancona Chicken a whirl?

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 2nd, 2014, 12:06 pm

Have not tried the Chicken yet, just wanted to but in:
Skavenged wrote:I am really going out on a limb here, but is it possible that the system tries to match us with similar teams? Even if we have to wait longer in queue for that "similar" team to finish a fight?
There is definitely something fishy with the queues. I have the same kind of experiences. I make one team and get paired with a certain set of teams. I switch team and don't face those teams at all, but instead get a whole other set of pets over and over. Switch back to the first team and I will get the same kinds of teams that I got at the start again. Have no clue how it works, but it just feels strange.

Skavenged, how does Obsidian Hatchling fare during a Sandstorm since Exposed Wounds seem to have about half the power of Black Claw?

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » February 2nd, 2014, 2:17 pm

The streak of weirdness with this silly Gazelle team continues. Another 3 within a turn or two, lost by weird misses. RNG has a message for me, and it's that I need to stop trying to make Gazelles happen. It's not going to happen.

I'm totally messing up this thread with confirmation bias. Oops!
Tuatha wrote:Lio, I'm giving you a pass because you should have given Skavenged (the poster before your post) a pet to use. I'll give Skavanged a pet to use and you can take your revenge on me. (Btw, I saw that named Gazelle Fawn after I posted it. I thought you named it after an experience like that Jade Owl gave me. I'm glad you came up with a team worth exploring later!) Just remember, it's been 5 minutes and we're back to being friends...
Tuatha, to show that I'm benevolent and wonderful (and modest), and also to commemorate that we're back to being friends, I'm going to let you (make you?) use one of my all-time favorites, though apparently he's not one of your 'Favorites'. The Clockwork Gnome is alright on his own, but needs some friends to really shine.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 2nd, 2014, 5:54 pm

Actually my Ancona Chicken was only level 1, but as luck would have it my Chicken had the same stats and abilities so I used that one instead. The Chicken worked really well with the Clockwork Gnome + Raptor of choice. The important part is of course the buff from the raptor. Both Egg Barrage and Flock would benefit greatly, but I went with the eggs.

Got about 50/50 score, met some horrible match ups and some other more interesting fights. With Egg barrage the Chicken took out a Valk in three turns(undead round not included, since I switched in the gnome then), was using Squawk to lower the damage from the Valk if they intended to Haunt. Also boosted Egg Barrage hurts a lot.

The chicken seems like a pretty well rounded pet in all three stats with useful abilities. But with only Squawk as means of defense don't expect to avoid stuff or be very durable. 289 speed was quite enough this evening to be faster so the racial was pretty wasted, also it's very wasted vs go first moves(met surge and charge pets), but it's no great loss since the chicken doesn't have any abilities that are boosted by the speed.

Ok pet I think, with hardboiled eggs!

Lio prepare to have another tough one, Bucktooth Flapper.

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » February 2nd, 2014, 10:42 pm

I haven't had a chance to do any real testing yet with the Exposed Wounds vs Black Claw, but since I usually carry a Valk with that team and both of the common Sandstorm users are humanoid, it doesn't pose a huge problem either way. The key is that with over 1600 health, the Obsidian Hatchling is far more durable than the Toenibbler, and Exposed wounds last 5 rounds vs 3 for Black Claw. I'm gonna check it out more this week and let ya know what happens.

Tuatha
Top Rater

Post by Tuatha » February 4th, 2014, 11:27 am

Okay, I have a couple to catch up on here.

The Ominous Flame using Forboding Curse wasn't as weak as I thought it might be. Despite not having a good dot itself (other than Scorched Earth), the slowing factor of FC was quite useful. I teamed him up with a Sunreaver and Scourged Whelpling for some pretty consistent success--although I did run into a lot of mechanicals who took advantage of the lightning storm and prevented me from winning ALL the matches. I used the Whelpling for death and decay and plagued blood and the Sunreaver for call lightning and fel immolate. The fel immolate definitely helped vs the mechanicals, especially when I would then swap to the Ominous Flame and get the curse on them. I used the Spiritfire Bolt in the first slot on the flame and he nearly single-handedly took down a team of 3x s/s crows (okay, I swapped to juke some NS and save my sole magic attack, so not nearly single-handedly, but he caused buku damage). The team doesn't look that strong on paper, but in practice it had some pretty strong counters to everything i faced that day.

The Clockwork Gnome is a pet I use in pve frequently, but don't have him on my favorites list because he's already on the teams in PetBattle Teams and my favorites list was getting too crowded, so I removed him. I stopped using him for pvp back when the Idol was the omg op fotm pet of choice, since sandstorm completely negated the turrets--and if I wanted a rocket I could always use something with better stat distribution than p/b (I tend to shy away from any pet with */b when the ability I'm looking for is on another pet with no b distribution). I think this was back when sandstorm still lasted 9 rounds.

Because I had him benched for so long I never paired him with a raptor for pvp. It went pretty much as expected: the raptors are glass cannons, and putting them in with a lightning storm raging will kill a non-switching opponent slightly faster than the raptor. After a few wins and losses using the lightning storm-dot game plan I went with the gnome and dual raptor, but running into a 3x mechanical team a few times in a row hurt that win percentage. I'd say I went 50/50 with the gnome over the course of a dozen or so matches. And I didn't see a single Idol. At any rate, at least now I've played with him and a raptor, so thanks for that :)

Vek, it seems backwards to me that I don't see the [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/critter/miscellaneous/porcupette/]Porcupette[/url] in pet battles ever, when it's a reward for pet battles. I know he won't shine to the Stunted Direhorn's level, but see if you can come up with a team where he's at least viable.

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 4th, 2014, 6:58 pm

The first problem with the ability set of the Porcupette(silent hedgehog, quillrat) is that Survival needs speed to be most useful and on the same tier you have the speed boost of Powerball, so you can’t have both which would have been more useful. Second, Counterstrike is very suboptimal, since these pets are quite speedy to begin with and with Powerball can be even faster, this makes Counterstrike mostly useless unless facing fliers.
With stats focus on speed Spiked skin is paltry, 28 damage shield 28 damage inflicted. Lastly with low power and its two 100% hit abilities will hit quite weak, 210 and 280 respectively and that is not something to cheer about. Problem is not that it is too weak, 260 power, but that both abilities are 100% I guess.

Not sure if it is a reward as much as a challenge that Blizz has given us. What could I possible do with this little cutie. I went with Poison Fang, Spiked Skin(thinking it would also be boosted by Wild Magic) and Survival.

First thing I needed was something to boost the damage of the Porcupette. Started out with Chi-Chi, thinking Wild Magic and then Feign Death. The Porcupette has above average health so third pet could have around 1400 and Feign Death would still pick the Porcupette. This worked ok, thanks to Wild Magic, and with survival it actually took care of a Creepy Crate and was able to go in the back for later use. It was hard work to actually do something else with this pet. Without any damage boosting the Spiked Skin is horrible. After using Poison Fang and applying the DoT there is nothing else to do except spam more Poison Fang with 210 base damage, that does not make much of a dent in anything. Lost quite a few battles where the Porcupette didn't really pull it's own weight and the team suffered for it. Sometimes Survival can be really useful though, but you really have to be faster, or have a delayed attack incoming, for it to be at it's best.

After what seemed like an eternity and switching of pets I finally managed to win a couple. I don't think I'll be trying this little critter again. Just seems weak from anyway I look at it.

Tuatha, nice to read what you were doing with Ominous Flame, now for your next challenge. Twilight Fiendling.
Last edited by Vek on February 5th, 2014, 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Liopleurodon
Site Admin
Pet Score:3652
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Liopleurodon » February 4th, 2014, 11:54 pm

I had a really good time with the Bucktooth Flapper, oddly enough, but I think it was largely a combo of luck (mainly in facing 'good' opponents) and strong backup. I paired him with one of my staples, the Scourged Whelp, both for heals from Plagued Blood and as a tank. The 3rd wheel was another I know others tend to enjoy but I haven't played much, the Cogblade Raptor with Batter & Expose Wounds. I played the Flapper as the anchor, with Gnaw, Survival and Woodchipper. I went with Gnaw even though his speed is relatively low, because I seem to have angered the RNG deity with my Gazelle, and didn't want to take my chance with the 80% accuracy on Tail Slap. Woodchipper was what I built around, as a long-ish DoT with a DoT complement.

A couple of my wins don't really count, ish, just because I faced a poor sap with a lightning storm team, and he did my work entirely for me. I also just, JUST barely eked out a couple wins with Survival and the Flapper as last man standing. I mean, they TOTALLY count, but not necessarily from an 'is this team viable' standpoint, lol.

This particular setup was a bit clunky to play, though. The DoTs were just short enough that it sort of worked for maybe a tick, but then I had to start over with the swaps, and since my team is kind of slow overall it made for kind of a dicey proposition to swap a lot, and the synergy just wasn't quite there for the stars to align. But they were oddly hearty, and could each hold their own pretty well, so it was surprisingly viable.

Vek, you're going to take your avatar for a spin... the Sen'jin Fetish. There should be a way to tease a 'that's what she said' joke out of this one at the very least.
xoxo, Your Pet Battling BFF, Tamer Liopleurodon.
http://www.battlepetroundup.com/

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » February 5th, 2014, 12:23 am

I think I got misplaced in the excitement over the Porcupette, but that's all good. I'll wait my turn. While we wait, Lio why don't you give the Pandaren Fire Spirit a run?

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 5th, 2014, 4:07 am

Oooh my loved Sen'jin Fetish. My main being a Troll I love this little guy but I do prefer the stats of the Voodoo Figurine. Still the Fetish is pretty good off since it has more power and middle ground speed. These undead have a pretty diverse set of abilities. You can go for humanslayer with Shadow Slash, or DoT'em up with Flame Breath/Immolate, or general utility team helper with Wild Magic/Sear Magic. One thing I don't really think fits that well is Rot, since if you use Rot you weaken your own Flame Breath.

Started out with Shadow Slash, Immolate and Rot. Paired it with my new favourite Leopard Tree Frog, it has Tounge Lash for extra damage vs undead. And then brought along a Tiny Harvester for the laughs, haven't tried this one out much before.

After a couple of fights I started to run into a Death Adder with an elemental so I had to switch the frog to Chi-Chi instead. Still felt like a solid team. To mix things up I used it as part of a clonedancer team and it worked really well, especially as Idol killer. Had no problem getting the wins, and the Fetish pulls it’s own weight. Solid pet.

Skavenged I must have missed you in the chaos in the thread. But now you get to take our your Stunted Shardhorn!

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » February 5th, 2014, 4:50 am

Misplaced but not forgotten Skavenged :)

I am interested to hear what you can do with the [pet]Gooey Sha-Ling[/pet]!

Skavenged

Post by Skavenged » February 5th, 2014, 11:15 pm

I'm never one to miss a challenge, so I tested out both the Sha-ling and the Shardhorn. Try as I might, I couldn't get anything going with my H/H Shardhorn. The closest I came to a workable team with him was pairing him up with two direhorns. Even then, his 211 speed simply dragged the whole team down. 10 fights: all losses and none were even close. I have however seen the faster Shardhorns used effectively when paired with a direhorn and Idol.

Now as for the Sha-ling, I did have some success. I ran him with Creeping Ooze, Call Darkness, and Agony. Naturally, the Darkness is just begging to be paired with a crow and just for fun I threw in a Living Sandling. While the Sha-ling isn't exactly a heavy hitter, he got the job done. Most of the teams I faced started with a Valk and I got both dots on him before he haunted. Then almost every single team brought in a pet, got dotted up again, and then switched. By the time the Sha-ling went down, pretty much every pet on the opposing team had noticeable damage, and on the last round before dying, I used Call Darkness. That set the stage perfectly for the Crow to come in and clean up. By the time the sandling came out, it was basically just mop-up duty. The only real problem I ran into was the lack of avoidance, and I had no answer for the Valk/Adder teams. Still managed to win 7 out of 11, so not too shabby. I'll be keeping this team around just as a change of pace from time to time.

Since I ran two, I'll pass two... Genome, why don't you give our friend the Squirrel a run and Vek you can try to find an updated team with Lil' XT

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 6th, 2014, 9:38 am

I used my Landro's Lil' XT, don't have regular flavour. I kind of like Boombot + Heartbroken combination, but less and less people are inclined to hurt you so you probably need some dot on you or something to make use of Heartbroken buff. I ran 4-5 different teams to try out stuff but didn't really find any pet or team that worked well together with Lil' XT, I didn't go for Call Lightning which probably is the most obvious buff. Most fights when running Boombot it just seems he is too slow to really hold his own, unless heartbroken is applied and not dodged. I got more oomph out of Tympatic Tantrum, especially hitting beasts in back line. He can be more durable if you manage to get a Repair in there, but in general I just felt he was a bit too clunky to use. It did feel like he could do some damage, but not really go toe to toe with someone, he very much needed the other pets in the team to pull him through most fights. Of course starting with Tantrum and hurting all three pets can be a nice start to weaken the opposing team, but only if you got the right pets to mop of the leftovers.

Thought a bit about your Gooey Sha-Ling. Perhaps the Lantern, see my earlier post, could be used with Call Darkness instead of it's own blind(Flash). The opponent then can't avoid the extra damage from Light. So I decided to try it, Sha-Ling/Crow/Lunar Lantern. I got a guy with a dragon who hurt too much in the end. I think I'll get back to trying this out at another time.

Skavenged see if there is a place in the world for the Sinister Squashling.

Genome

Post by Genome » February 6th, 2014, 6:44 pm

Skavenged wrote:Genome, why don't you give our friend the Squirrel a run.
Whew! Luckily for me, one of my earlier teams used Nuts, so I was pretty familiar with the Squirrel traits. Still, I decided to go hunt me up a S/S version and stone it, as the extra speed seemed more useful to it's play style. I ran a few different combos with it:

Cogblade Raptor(S/S), Squirrel(S/S), Corefire Imp(P/S) - This team was focused on Speed and DoTs (and anti-DAH warfare). I usually started with Cogblade and applied Exposed Wounds. Then I would switch in the Imp and apply Wild Magic. If the other player didn't see what was coming and left the debuffed pet in, I switched the Squirrel in and Nut Barraged, Crouched, then Woodchipper. The dmg starts to fly then. Still, better players wouldn't let this happen so I usually wound up under .500 with this comp.

Cogblade Raptor(S/S), Squirrel(S/S), Emperor Crab - By this time, I had began to run into Valk-spam, and the ever-so-creative team of Valk/DAH/Whatever, so I eschewed the Imp for the crab. This team did very well vs. the Valk teams. Since most Valk users are so intuitive, they more often than not opened with it, which I would open with my crab. After the Haunt, I would usually switch in the Raptor for a lil dmg, then 1 round before Haunt finished, I would switch in the squirrel and Crouch, then Nut barrage because like-as-not, as soon as the Valk rezzed, they would bring it to the front, eating a full Nut Barrage. Switch the crab back in, rinse and repeat. My best victory with this team was against a Valk/DAH/Corefire Imp team. It was very close (I had no real answer for the Imp), but I won with about a hit to spare. I had a Valk stall-team (Valk/Wisp/Rabbit) keep running from me after his first loss, which was perversely satisfying. The only thing that really ate this team up were Idol players. Due to the 200% chance-to-hit buff that Sandstorm gives Demolish, there was just no way to take a team with him on it down.

While not exactly a powerhouse, all in all, a fairly solid team.

Vek, why not blow the dust off of your Darkshore Cub?!

Tuatha
Top Rater

Post by Tuatha » February 6th, 2014, 8:45 pm

Things have been hectic for me, but I finally got some time to put together a Twilight Fiendling team.

I'm not excited about magic pets in general; their racial has been utterly useless since the FFF nerf (but while those glass cannons were over played, man did I wreck some teams with magic pets). Racials pretty much define every other family of pets, and magic's being so weak is a clear disadvantage.

The Fiendling is special in that none of its attacks are magic, making it frustratingly mediocre against Crows/Ravens. But I wasn't thinking that putting together the team. I was thinking about using the Fiendling to destroy any humanoids with Creepy Chomp, Leap, and Siphon Life, because the Fiendling is also special in that the p/p version I have has a massive 341 attack. It's pretty slow though, hence the Leap, and with under 1400 (1319) health, fragile. I did use leap a few times, but with the speed bonus only lasting one round, it was most useful against critters. To protect the Fiendling from dragons, and to add a bit of speed to the team, I used a Hopling (1,2,1). Then to protect the Hopling from undead, I used an Emperor Crab (1,2,1).

It might be the Hopling and Crab, but this team was quite successful and I think I'll hang onto it for a while. The Fiendling definitely carried its weight against both Idols and KLRs. One team I was matched against three or four times certainly helped, since it was a KLR, a Rusty Snail, and a dragon... Onyxian Whelpling, iirc. It turned into a swapfest as I would pull out perfect counters to whatever my opponent pulled out, and he'd do the same. Fiendling => Whelpling => Hopling => Snail (with absorb) => Crab => KLR => Fiendling, and around we went. In the end I'm not sure if it was the 341 power of the Fiendling, the healing of the Crab, or the speed of the Hopling that consistently won for me. Which is a sign of a team that works well together, imo.

Two teams I struggled against were the aforementioned Crow and a Crawdad. The Crow team won, but I think if I had put the Fiendling in to soak a NS it may have turned out differently. The Crawdad team fled when it was down to him and my Crab. I've ended up in that scenario before and gone over 200 rounds, so I got lucky there.

There were a few other teams that I had mixed results on, but overall this was much much more successful than I thought it would be.

Genome, I think my love of non-Anubisath humanoids is uncommon, and with most Idols using Demolish, the time might be right for your Spawn of Onyxia to make a comeback and dominate a few battles. Make it so.

Genome

Post by Genome » February 8th, 2014, 4:09 pm

Tuatha wrote:Genome, I think my love of non-Anubisath humanoids is uncommon, and with most Idols using Demolish, the time might be right for your [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/dragonkin/dragon-whelps/spawn-of-onyxia/]Spawn of Onyxia[/url] to make a comeback and dominate a few battles. Make it so.
I gave the Spawn (P/P breed) a try, with fairly mixed results. He did bring pretty good dmg to the table, but not much else. [ability]Tail Whip[/ability] with the Dragonkin racial hits like a locomotive to be sure! Still, he had no real way to deal with the Valks/Adders or Idols, and seeing as how much you run into these pets, it makes him a bit limited. Still, not a terrible pet by any means, and I would probably consider him the best Dragon outside of maybe a P/P [pet]Infinite Whelpling[/pet].

Vek
Top Rater

Post by Vek » February 8th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Poor underused Bears. I do think P/P Darkshore Cub is one of the better ones though. My thought was that it would fit nicely in a Bleed team so I brought along my favourite crock Toothy. For a third pet, well I'm growing fond of a couple of pets we have tried in this thread so I took Clock'em.

Not sure if I just got lucky but won 5 straight before my first loss.I usually go with the Curious Wolvar Pup when running with Bleed, mainly because of the trap, but this 325 power bear was an excellent substitute. When the beast racial kicked in Maul really really hurt! I had to revise the pet battle score I had previously given this cub.

One thing with bears is that they got Bash for stun, but they are all pretty slow so it doesn't seem that useful, but vs slow undead it can be a lifesaver. Another thing is that I truly suck at using Hibernate, I always use it wrong. Well the team went pretty well, any aquatic does well in a Valk environment and Toothy can really bring the pain as well. I would gladly continue to use this team, just be wary of demolish.

Genome for your next pet how about bringing out your Jade Tentacle.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 13th, 2014, 12:15 am

Hey guys !!! I love reading your battle thread here and I'm learning a lot so my question to you is, if you had to pick your LEAST FAVORITE ( or should I say the pet you would throw on your HATE list to suffer w/ in a battle ) what would it be and why ? If there's 2 go ahead and name it to play it ;)