Addon Rematch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us
Re: Addon Rematch

Post by Gello » June 16th, 2015, 11:20 pm

For all addons, saved data is stored deep in WTF along with all of your other settings:

World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua

If you're on Windows 7/8 it may be in virtual store too:

1. Configure Windows to show hidden files and folders if it's not already:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... folders-pc
2. The savedvariable should be in C:\Users\WindowsAccount\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft\WTF\Account\AccountName\SavedVariables\Rematch.lua

(Addons have no control over where they store stuff, sorry!)

Salus
Pet Score:8751

Post by Salus » June 19th, 2015, 10:14 am

Gello wrote:I finally have time this week to do some serious work on the addon. While that happens, this is the latest incarnation of the UI if any want to give feedback:
Thoughts?
Does this mean the 3 large portraits that sit above the panels are gone, or just not displayed in this pic? I think the current design of the portraits is one of my favorite parts. A lot of information displayed, but in a very small space that expands when necessary.

I think the leveling queue deserves its own panel, so I'm all for that change. The current look feels so cramped.

Gello

Post by Gello » June 19th, 2015, 1:45 pm

Salus wrote:Does this mean the 3 large portraits that sit above the panels are gone, or just not displayed in this pic?
There will be a minimized view that should be familiar: three pets across in a row, with the loaded team name across the top and buttons to do stuff like heal/bandage/etc, that you can expand into one (or two) panels. Or in the journal you'd see three panels at once. In all panel views you can switch between panels with tabs across the bottom.

Hopefully I'll have more to show regarding the minimized view in a couple weeks. The original addon was built from that minimized view out towards the pet browser. For this rewrite I'm doing it backwards and have the pet panel completely done but nothing for that view yet.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » June 19th, 2015, 5:29 pm

wow, you have gone lenths with the UI! i could work well with the current/old one but i'll admit that i'm looking forward to the new one because it looks more like the standard ui.
i like the latest incarnations but i've got a small suggestion: how about making the height of the pet icons/rows the same as the ones for teams? i prefer information being presented more compact so i can see more on a page and it looks more uniform and thus less cluttery. in fact it would be great if the frames 1, 3 and 4 could have the same layout (same header size, row size etc). here's a screenshot showing what i meant with mah boss paint skillz: http://i.imgur.com/CwZjqDY.png
maybe you'd want to make it an option so people can choose between compact UI and larger. and maybe the same with teams.

edit: on a second thought, what is the purpose of the entire battle pet slots frame (second from left in the latest screenshot)? isn't the same information already being presented in the team list frame (furthest right)?

Also, maybe it would be nice to see more than just the latest recently targeted tamer.

Gello

Post by Gello » June 19th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Ril wrote:wow, you have gone lenths with the UI! i could work well with the current/old one but i'll admit that i'm looking forward to the new one because it looks more like the standard ui.
i like the latest incarnations but i've got a small suggestion: how about making the height of the pet icons/rows the same as the ones for teams? i prefer information being presented more compact so i can see more on a page and it looks more uniform and thus less cluttery. in fact it would be great if the frames 1, 3 and 4 could have the same layout (same header size, row size etc). here's a screenshot showing what i meant with mah boss paint skillz: http://i.imgur.com/CwZjqDY.png
maybe you'd want to make it an option so people can choose between compact UI and larger. and maybe the same with teams.

edit: on a second thought, what is the purpose of the entire battle pet slots frame (second from left in the latest screenshot)? isn't the same information already being presented in the team list frame (furthest right)?

Also, maybe it would be nice to see more than just the latest recently targeted tamer.
I'll see about making the loaded team and current leveling pet the same height and maybe if possible narrow the type bar to same size. I agree it'd look better if they were the same relative proportions.

The battle pet slots is your loaded pets, which may not always be the same as your loaded team when you change pets or if a leveling pet is one of the slots it will be more obvious there. The loaded team exists so you can reload the team (if you change pets and decide to go back to original), check notes if it has any and other actions on the loaded team. It mirrors the current leveling pet being pulled out and displayed at the top despite already being in the queue.

On the recent target, you'll be able to right-click that button and choose a new target. So you can sit in your garrison and build teams for all noteworthy targets without actually going to any of them.

Salus
Pet Score:8751

Post by Salus » June 19th, 2015, 10:14 pm

Ril wrote: edit: on a second thought, what is the purpose of the entire battle pet slots frame (second from left in the latest screenshot)? isn't the same information already being presented in the team list frame (furthest right)?
The left 2 frames appear to be the current Blizzard Pet Journal, just re-skinned (essentially). I'm not sure how malleable that is, I believe it's mostly fixed real estate.

I don't suppose this preview is something you're making available on a limited basis? Playing around with it might be more interesting than screenshots.

Daktar
Pet Score:5259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daktar » July 15th, 2015, 2:05 pm

I am wondering if there could be a way to set a hotkey to cage a pet. As someone who sells pets on a few servers it takes a bit to cage them using dropdown menu's. Even better would be a tick system to tick pets and then autocage but I know that is a pipe dream.

Gello

Post by Gello » July 15th, 2015, 3:31 pm

Daktar wrote:I am wondering if there could be a way to set a hotkey to cage a pet. As someone who sells pets on a few servers it takes a bit to cage them using dropdown menu's. Even better would be a tick system to tick pets and then autocage but I know that is a pipe dream.
A "mouseover cage" macro can be done now:

Code: Select all

/run local petID=GetMouseFocus().petID if type(petID)=="string" and C_PetJournal.PetIsTradable(petID) then C_PetJournal.CagePetByID(petID) else print("You can't cage that.") end
Make that macro bound to a key and then tap it with the mouse over the pet you want to cage. If it can, it will cage whatever is under the mouse without any popups or anything.

It will work for both rematch's pet list and the default pet journal too.

Daktar
Pet Score:5259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Daktar » July 15th, 2015, 10:26 pm

Thanks for the info :)

Thorndal
Pet Score:6317
BattleTag®:Thorndal#1776
Realm:Arthas-eu

Post by Thorndal » July 20th, 2015, 6:59 am

Hi there,

is there any database or collection of import-codes for Rematch? Where can I find it?
Just found some codes for trainers of pandaria and the elementals.

I can provide the code for the celestial tournament, based on the guide from WoWHead where to use 18 pets. I can paste the code if needed. :)

I just watched a lot of youtube-guides for defeating trainers all around Azeroth and save the tactics into my Rematch.
At the weekend my computer got a bluescreen while closing WoW, and all savings are gone. :?

Would be very helpful to get some codes for the WOD pet battles.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards

Zippersmith
Pet Score:6325
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Zippersmith » July 20th, 2015, 10:37 am

Gello,

I didn't find how to send you a PM, but I wanted to thank you for Rematch!

This has saved me time, thank you very much. My world is a better place because of your efforts.

Christohper

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » July 20th, 2015, 9:13 pm

Thorndal wrote:Hi there,

is there any database or collection of import-codes for Rematch? Where can I find it?
Just found some codes for trainers of pandaria and the elementals.
google:
murlocharbor rematch
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 6th, 2016, 10:01 am

@ Gello

I have a small request, to improve on you excellent addon:
Can we please have a check-box called "Prioritize Favorites" in the Queue section?

This box, should move all favorite pets to the top of the queue, even if it violates the normal queue-sort the players have specified. Unchecking the box, should resume normal queue.

This makes it easier to level a newly obtained pet, before all others, without you have to meddle with your queue.. E.g. the Falcosaurs (for me atleast) fell into this category, as they need to be levelled immediately for their respective quest lines.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 6th, 2016, 10:21 am

Gello has a new thread for the up to date version of rematch:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14916

Make sure to post this suggestion there. It is in the new Addons forum.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » November 6th, 2016, 11:56 am

Jerebear wrote:Gello has a new thread for the up to date version of rematch:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=14916

Make sure to post this suggestion there. It is in the new Addons forum.
Roger that :)