Addon Rematch

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu
Re: Addon Rematch

Post by Iibis » January 2nd, 2015, 5:46 am

I've used AdvancedIconSelector (original / WoD fan update) to search for macro icons. Would it be possible to add support for that or add similar functionality to Rematch? E.g. show tooltip for icon name and add a search based on the name?

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » January 2nd, 2015, 1:05 pm

Iibis wrote:I've used AdvancedIconSelector (original / WoD fan update) to search for macro icons. Would it be possible to add support for that or add similar functionality to Rematch? E.g. show tooltip for icon name and add a search based on the name?
This would be useful. The tooltip of the icon is a neat idea. I downloaded the addon to see about supporting it, but after taking a look I'll just do a simple one tailored for Rematch with a lot less fuss.

edit: This is done and ready for tonight's update. It's a cool effect thanks for suggesting it!

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » January 3rd, 2015, 3:48 pm

Thanks for the awesome work on this!!!
Very much appreciated.

Just found a possible bug, when you level the last pet in the queue to 25 it throws an error, forgot to copy the text.
No big deal at all, as its not doing anything else but throw the error.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 3rd, 2015, 4:24 pm

Buruan wrote:Thanks for the awesome work on this!!!
Very much appreciated.

Just found a possible bug, when you level the last pet in the queue to 25 it throws an error, forgot to copy the text.
No big deal at all, as its not doing anything else but throw the error.
Thanks for the report. That should be fixed in the latest version (3.2.1, can see what version you're on at the top of options). If it continues to happen after updating let me know.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 4th, 2015, 7:53 pm

Yup. Works now.
Thanks much.

You know what would be great?
Keybinds for specific teams, many of us have alts parked for farming purposes, and sometimes when logging in and see a rare, the time to switch to a proper team can mean you lose the rare spawn.

Not sure if possible but that would be great.

Gello

Post by Gello » January 4th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Keybinding teams may be an idea for down the road. In the meantime you can macro loading a team:

Code: Select all

/run Rematch:LoadTeam("Capture")
will load a team named "Capture". Team names are Case Sensitive.

Buruan

Post by Buruan » January 4th, 2015, 10:04 pm

Marvelous!!!

No need to change anything, the macro method works perfectly fine.
Simplicity!!

You are the best.

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » January 5th, 2015, 4:53 pm

When the main menu is up and you mouse over a pet the screen for that pet comes up. It is not moveable and blocks part of the team screen. Could you make the pet screen moveable?

Gello

Post by Gello » January 5th, 2015, 6:51 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:When the main menu is up and you mouse over a pet the screen for that pet comes up. It is not moveable and blocks part of the team screen. Could you make the pet screen moveable?
What do you mean by main menu and team screen? Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 5th, 2015, 7:07 pm

Gello wrote:
Iamwhatis wrote:When the main menu is up and you mouse over a pet the screen for that pet comes up. It is not moveable and blocks part of the team screen. Could you make the pet screen moveable?
What do you mean by main menu and team screen? Can you post a screenshot of what you mean?
I think they mean that when you are on the Team tab and click on the team "card" to make it stay and then do the same for a specific pet "card" on that team, they overlap. You can't move the cards out of the way as they are anchored in place relative to the main Rematch Window. On my setup it doesn't block much, but other resolutions might have trouble. Same issue if you have a queue level pet card clicked on. It blocks the rematch journal pet list and you can't move it out of the way.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Gello

Post by Gello » January 5th, 2015, 7:37 pm

If windows anchored to not overlap, the sprawl would be enormous. I'm not understanding the essential problem, I think.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » January 5th, 2015, 8:59 pm

I think they want it to be floating rather than anchored, so they can move it as necessary. Mind you, I'm not them, but that is what I think I am reading.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Riddley
Pet Score:10464
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Riddley » January 7th, 2015, 12:12 pm

First: Thank you for Rematch! It's fantastic.

I miss having a right-click menu option in the Pets tab to say "start leveling this pet now!" Any chance of bringing that back?

Gello

Post by Gello » January 7th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Riddley wrote:First: Thank you for Rematch! It's fantastic.

I miss having a right-click menu option in the Pets tab to say "start leveling this pet now!" Any chance of bringing that back?
Yeah I can put that back in today's update, with the caveat that it won't appear if Full Sort is enabled.

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » January 7th, 2015, 3:17 pm

Jerebear wrote:I think they want it to be floating rather than anchored, so they can move it as necessary. Mind you, I'm not them, but that is what I think I am reading.
Yes this would be helpfull for me.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 15th, 2015, 7:54 am

New suggestion for a possible feature. Currently the teams list sorts automatically based on the team name, which works great for when you want to use the auto-target feature (and you name the team with who/what you will target). However I like my teams to be ordered in a specific way:

For the MoP Master Tamers I have them listed in the order I will fly to them. That way I am just going down the list and can see how many I have left, etc. Yes, granted I've done them hundreds of times and can do them all from memory, but that's not the point. :P

For the Menagerie dailies I have them in the order they will appear, so I will be able to tell, just looking in that tab, who the opponent for tomorrow will be.

SO, my suggestion is either (a) can teams have an extra field where you can type in the target name for autoselection or (b) have an extra field (hidden or visible) that handles what the order is? With option (b) you'd just drag the teams up/down the list like you would in the manual order levelling queue. I'd LOVE to have option (a) because then I can have the full team name "Jahan, Samm & Archimedes" but can put "Archimedes" in the target name field, since Archimedes is always the one I notice/target first and I could leverage the auto-selection but keep my sorting w/o having to shorten the team names. I know, I could just name the team "Archimedes" but that's not accurate (OK, so maybe I'm OCD, it is what it is).

Gello

Post by Gello » January 15th, 2015, 10:24 am

It's a good suggestion and one I've actually given some thought on. (At the top of the mid-term plans at the end of the addon description is "Allow re-ordering teams into an arbitrary order within a group.")

The current plan is for b). Each tab will have a 'Custom Sort' option in its right-click menu. While this is checked you can drag teams around within the tab and any new team added to the tab will go to the end of the list. Unchecking the option (or not checking it in the first place) will keep the team sorted alphabetically like it is now. There's some issues with "faking" something on the mouse, so that a team is draggable, but I'm confident this isn't insurmountable. I'd like it to behave identically the queue, including the 'Move to Top' 'Move Up' 'Move Down' etc right-click options on the team.

Question: Is it important to keep the prior order in a tab if Custom Sort is ever unchecked?

Option a) is not out of the question and may eventually come about with how the challenge posts are dealt with. Each challenge post has a unique npcID for the pets you'd fight. The current plan for that is when you leave a fight for which you have no saved team, it will offer to save the team and you can choose a name. So after fighting Jahan, Samm & Archimedes you can name it "Jahan, Samm & Archimedes". Or if you're in a hurry name it "Those three birds" and rename it later to whatever you want. Internally the team will be saved by its npcID instead of a name. This method appeals to me a lot because it doesn't require building a table of pre-made names in the addon (creating tables tailored to a tier of content guarantees it will need updates for all new content ever added), it won't require drastic upheaval in how teams are referenced (if a team is a number it's an npcID and it can fetch the name in the 4th field where the npcID is now), and most importantly it will be just as useful to non-challenge post teams. If this is how it will work, the addon will automatically convert teams with an npcID to be referened by the npcID instead of their name. A neat side effect of this is that you can have two teams named the same, one by npcID and another by its name. Perhaps if any pets in the main team (npcID--white named) are dead, it can look for any same-named teams and load that instead. But that's for further down the road.

The challenge post issue is complicated enough that I may push it to mid-term plan and can bump up team custom sorting to short term.

Also while I'm here, sorry I totally spaced on not adding "Make Strong Vs pet filter an AND operation instead of OR" to my notes. That should make the next update which will also have custom sorting for pets (name, level, rarity, type, health, power, speed, reverse sorts, secondary sort, etc).
Yes this would be helpfull for me.
Oops sorry I didn't reply to this either. I'll consider making the pet and team card draggable to a specific spot with an unlock button on the cards to snap them back to their relevant anchors. This is in my notes but it'd realistically happen when the cards are rewritten which is in the long term plans. We'll see.

Rendigar
MVP
Pet Score:10321
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rendigar » January 15th, 2015, 11:31 am

Gello wrote:Question: Is it important to keep the prior order in a tab if Custom Sort is ever unchecked?
For me it wouldn't be a big deal either way (though I suppose if my garrison team order messed up it'd be annoying for a couple minutes) - but you might want a warning box to pop up (or maybe a tooltip), if that's easy to do?

Gello

Post by Gello » January 15th, 2015, 11:58 am

Rendigar wrote:For me it wouldn't be a big deal either way (though I suppose if my garrison team order messed up it'd be annoying for a couple minutes) - but you might want a warning box to pop up (or maybe a tooltip), if that's easy to do?
It will kind of depend on how the order is set. We'll see.

It's trivial to make a popup so that can be done. In fact if Rematch is on screen you can paste this into chat to make one!

Code: Select all

/run Rematch:ShowDialog("Test",120,"This is a test","Are you sure?")
120 is the height of the dialog. It's another couple lines to set the text within the dialog's main window. Useless trivia: There are over two dozen dialogs within the addon, that all re-use the same dialog frame and most of its components (text, editbox, icons, teams) are reused as well.

Foxxi
Pet Score:4446
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Foxxi » January 15th, 2015, 11:53 pm

So I got this Add-on today, and I love it so far! It's pretty funny because I was talking to a friend just yesterday wishing there were something like this, and assuming it didn't exist, lol. There are a couple of things I'd like to see it do still though.

One is to have a way to apply a rule for leveling pets to all teams ( thinking max level for pet of 23 rule). It would be nice to be able to just say apply this to all current and future teams rather than having to apply the rule to each team made manually.

And along the same vein, it would be nice to see the rules for leveling pets be extended. I love that it allows magic and mechanical pets to ignore the minimum hp rule, but it would be nice to also be able to apply different minimum hp rules for different pet types. So say if you're fighting something and you know your leveling pet is going to get hit with a humanoid ability, you may say dragonkin pets need a higher minimum hp, a lower amount for beasts, and a third standard number for anything else.

Thank you for putting in the effort to make this amazing Add-on! I for one appreciate it ^_^