Can someone explain this one?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu
Re: Can someone explain this one?

Post by Kring » January 24th, 2014, 9:05 am

Poofah wrote:
Vek wrote:IF AlwaysHitAffect THEN
Hit = 100%
ELSE
Hit = 50%(base accuracy) + any buff
Interesting, this could also be possible. So 'always hits' in this case would be '100% hit, and ignore all other +/- hit effects'. If this is the case, then you'd expect Nocturnal Strike to always hit under Darkness, with Blinding Poison up. If 'always hits' is actually '200% hit' (like Laser), then you'd expect 200%-10%-100% = 90% hit chance in that circumstance.
That's what I meant. What if some effects add/reduce chance to hit and others just set it. Then the order matters. We don't know if some global effect (like weather) are processed after the spell "set" it's chance to 100%.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » January 24th, 2014, 4:59 pm

Kring wrote:
Hootstwo wrote:
Grrrrrr.jpg
Well, I still say blinding poison is glitched to some extent. I just had an Anub hit me with Sandstorm when I'd applied blinding poison.
Sandstorm says "Deals 370 Flying damage". Most other spells say something like "Crush the enemy, dealing 414 Humanoid damage." Maybe Sandstorm is not targeted.
Interesting thought, but it missed me earlier in the fight when the anub was blinded.

Helbrecht
Pet Score:4274
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Helbrecht » January 26th, 2014, 12:29 am

Huh. And you're sure there was no accuracy buff around, no Rain Dance up or something? I've never personally seen these bugs happen (for example Nocturnal Strike has never missed in darkness for me, except against elementals), but the complaints about them are persistent. A lot of the time the plaintiff is just missing some crucial element (some buff or elemental racial or something), but who knows, maybe there actually are bugs. It's hard to say without being able to reliably replicate them though.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » January 26th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Appreciate the response but I can assure you, there were definitely no accuracy buffs on when I got hit there - that's why it was so infuriating. It's happened to me other times as well, I always spend some time checking that there was no other explanation: A few times I found the explanation IE Spirit Claws in moonlight, stuff like that. This time -nothing.

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Post by Papazol » January 28th, 2014, 7:55 am

Lol, ppl, why so hard? Do we have only 10 or 100% miss debuffs? No, we also have particular miss debuffs, what can easy show you what ever you want. And you can check it solo. For example, pet tamer in Mount Hijal starts from wisp with flash. Take crow, go to Hijal and you will find how does it work.

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » January 28th, 2014, 7:14 pm

Interestingly, I got hit by Anub again just now, again, blinding poison freshly applied and it was sandstorm that hit me. Seems weird, but it's either glitched or it operates in a fashion different than other damage abilities.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » January 29th, 2014, 4:16 am

I got hit by Demolish today, while sandstorm was up AND the Anub was Blinded by Blinding Poison. No other buffs or debuffs were up

Hootstwo
Top Rater

Post by Hootstwo » January 29th, 2014, 7:04 pm

I'm starting to think that Anub is just a god in the world of pets. It seems to have no regard for any sort of hit chance.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 2nd, 2014, 8:25 am

Yep blinding shot from the snake is totally messed up.
My Idol hit a snake with a Sandstorm with MINUS(!) 15 Hit and my snake got hit by people with
Minus 20 Hit!