The most powerful PVP team : 244 Valk/341 Snake/325 Qiraji

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Eradicatelol
Pet Score:1854
Realm:Shadowmoon-us
Re: The most powerful PVP team : 244 Valk/341 Snake/325 Qira

Post by Eradicatelol » January 28th, 2014, 4:33 pm

I have two questions, anyone can answer, please.

I don't understand how the Death Adder hatchling goes with the valk? Someone please explain.

And two, if I don't have the qiraji what's a great third pet with these two?

Thank you <3

Genome
Pet Score:2401
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Genome » January 28th, 2014, 4:43 pm

Eradicatelol wrote:I don't understand how the Death Adder hatchling goes with the valk? Someone please explain.
Valk's free swap into a super fast pet that has Blinding Poison means lots of dmg while taking no hits (except the Valk before he gets Haunt off of course).
Eradicatelol wrote:And two, if I don't have the qiraji what's a great third pet with these two?
With those two pets, just about anything will be effective....

Eradicatelol
Pet Score:1854
Realm:Shadowmoon-us

Post by Eradicatelol » January 28th, 2014, 6:17 pm

Genome wrote:
Eradicatelol wrote:I don't understand how the Death Adder hatchling goes with the valk? Someone please explain.
Valk's free swap into a super fast pet that has Blinding Poison means lots of dmg while taking no hits (except the Valk before he gets Haunt off of course).
Eradicatelol wrote:And two, if I don't have the qiraji what's a great third pet with these two?
With those two pets, just about anything will be effective....
Is "244 valk" mean one of those all health valks?

Mwebly
Pet Score:10448
BattleTag®:Webly#1586
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mwebly » January 29th, 2014, 12:39 pm

244 refers to the speed and is the b/b breed. The h/h is slightly slower and slightly less powerful so while it has higher health, its attacks hit for a little bit less.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » January 29th, 2014, 5:43 pm

Eradicatelol wrote:I have two questions, anyone can answer, please.

I don't understand how the Death Adder hatchling goes with the valk? Someone please explain.

And two, if I don't have the qiraji what's a great third pet with these two?

Thank you <3
The whole point of build a valk team is based on one single fact :

Haunt is a 5 rounds dot - including the round the valk casting the haunt.

So, how to use your other pets to get through 4 rounds without being attacked by your opponent = you will get an extra 600 damage on your opponents for free (156 dot dmg per round).

Guardling has 325 speed, superior than most of the pets, by using stun, you can stun your opponent for first round, switch in the second round, so there goes 2 rounds.

Using the 341 snake can utilize the blind to get through another 2 rounds, and this will complete the perfect rotation.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » February 1st, 2014, 8:53 am

I still haven't figured out what the fuss is over the death adder, yes it can hit hard at times, but what works well for me is lil bing. I cut lose w/ raining coins and that brings snake down to half health, gift will normally take it on out ( free heal if it misses ) and mechanicals overall seem to be able to take the big hits from most heavy hitters. I like my idol against valk as well. I can take big hits as well as dish out the hits shield is great as well as sandstorm ( though tiny snowman will kill idol in a couple of hits ). My fiendish imp I love...love being able to switch back and forth and beat up who I want more often that not everyone is going to have at least one pet on their team that can't handle the fire blasts this baby puts out so overall its a win-win for me :) I'm not seeing guardling too much right now, but I just grin when folks whip out their death adder thinking easy win REALLY !! What I'm seeing the most of lately is aquatic teams ( which direhorn and grinder will take out w/o touching your 3rd pet, but you wisps and eyeballs will take these babies out just as quick and not take hardly any damage as well ).
Last edited by Shikon01 on February 2nd, 2014, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » February 1st, 2014, 10:41 am

3wd wrote: rabbit :
round 1, valk huant
round 2, snake blind
round 3, rabbit out
round 4, rabbit avoidance
round 5, rabbit attack
how much damage you get get? close to 1000?
Actually, this is where you go wrong. I know, because I personally run this exact team. You're banking on my rabbit using burrow, but I rarely EVER burrow. On the round that you expect a burrow, Valk pops up in the back row, and I bring him back up front. If your Valk is up front at the time, I'm gonna haunt again. If your Snake or Guarding is up, you're either going to blind or stun to avoid my haunt, but in reality, I'll switch my rabbit right back in to eat the CC, and then swap the Valk right back in. The only pet you are ever going to hit is my Valk, and its just a matter of time until I get to haunt your snake or Guarding, and then its game over for you. Your mistake is that you tend to think that people are just going to go through a standard rotation instead of actually adapting. I've faced the Valk/snake/guard combo quite a few times, and almost always beat it.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 2nd, 2014, 8:36 am

its not a stronh combo especially as the snake does jake to nothing dmg on flying pets.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Post by Kring » February 2nd, 2014, 9:54 am

Drudatz wrote:its not a stronh combo especially as the snake does jake to nothing dmg on flying pets.
I think you should like this team as every spell used has a 100% hit chance.

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » February 2nd, 2014, 10:48 pm

Drudatz wrote:its not a stronh combo especially as the snake does jake to nothing dmg on flying pets.
Your wrong. This is the most powerful PVP team I have ever used. If you haven't tried it you should not comment. Try it you will see. Thanks OP for posting this.

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » February 2nd, 2014, 11:39 pm

It IS indeed a very nice combo, but I have found a reliable counter to it. :) It's a pretty obvious one, too, heh.

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » February 3rd, 2014, 1:12 am

Ligre wrote:It IS indeed a very nice combo, but I have found a reliable counter to it. :) It's a pretty obvious one, too, heh.
What's the counter? I'm sick of this stupid snake and val teams. XD

Ligre
Pet Score:3056
BattleTag®:EricS#1876
Realm:Sargeras-us

Post by Ligre » February 3rd, 2014, 6:41 pm

Val'kyr/Mongoose Pup/Fiendish Imp

You need to be faster than the Adder and Guardling in order to beat them...perod. I'm not sure if another pet would work in place of the Val'kyr, haven't tried yet, but I KNOW there's no other "counter" to the other 2 pets. :)

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » February 3rd, 2014, 7:03 pm

Ligre wrote:Val'kyr/Mongoose Pup/Fiendish Imp

You need to be faster than the Adder and Guardling in order to beat them...perod. I'm not sure if another pet would work in place of the Val'kyr, haven't tried yet, but I KNOW there's no other "counter" to the other 2 pets. :)
Yeah, The whole premise of the team is they are faster than you are and can prevent you from being able to do anything while the Valk slowly chews you up. I tried a h/h Valk, s/s death adder and a s/s flayer youngling since I didn't have a s/s Qiraji and the team worked similarly. I ran into someone with a S/S rabbit and completely crashed and burned. Between dodge and burrow it completely messed up the plan for the team. Now I didn't have a lot of practice with the team so there may be better ways to play it but I still see it as being hard to deal with.

If you are faster the Adder blinding poison only costs you 1 round instead of two. They deal no damage with it and then waste a turn swapping while you are blind. Black out kick cost you 1 round of dmg but they deal no dmg using it again. They are still getting some stalling in but aren't being nearly as effective.

I'd imagine a P/P emp crab with surge would be really effective here. Aquatic racial to reduce dot dmg, Shell Shield to reduce it further and to use on those turns you know an ability can't hit. A heal to cast on those turns also and Surge to sneak in damage when you can due to it's "Always goes first" speed bonus. Yeah sandstorm is going to get the racial bonus but I'd guess that the emp crab could still go toe to toe with the Qiraji Guardling and win.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 3rd, 2014, 10:12 pm

I gave this comp a whirl and it was fun, but I ran into a bit of trouble against a fossilized hatchling/direhorn/anub idol team. I probably could have beat them, but he saw my telegraphed play pretty well. He kept the hatchling up until the blinding poison hit, then swapped to the direhorn, who AoE slowed me the next turn. It was a good play. I didn't really recover well after that. He whittled me down alternating with horn attack and (stunning me at crucial times) and trihorn charge and keeping the AoE slow on me so my pets were slower than his. I'll have to figure out a good way to work around that. The AoE slow messes with the groove of this sequence a bit.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

3wd

Post by 3wd » February 4th, 2014, 10:39 am

Jerebear wrote:I gave this comp a whirl and it was fun, but I ran into a bit of trouble against a fossilized hatchling/direhorn/anub idol team. I probably could have beat them, but he saw my telegraphed play pretty well. He kept the hatchling up until the blinding poison hit, then swapped to the direhorn, who AoE slowed me the next turn. It was a good play. I didn't really recover well after that. He whittled me down alternating with horn attack and (stunning me at crucial times) and trihorn charge and keeping the AoE slow on me so my pets were slower than his. I'll have to figure out a good way to work around that. The AoE slow messes with the groove of this sequence a bit.
hatchling/direhorn/anub idol is not an easy team to beat especially if the idol will use demo but you still have a good chance if you will change your strategy a bit.

As you said, the key is how to get rid of the aoe slow by the direhorn.

So you start out with the valk, normally your opponent will not use his idol to start, so either it will be hatchling or direhorn, that's good for you.

If he will use the hatchling, you use COD first, he will probably use the AOE attack first, that's fine.

next round you use haunt, he will bite you and you should still have around 900 HP, pretty healthy.

now, his hatchling will be almost for sure be dead, next round just use your normal rotation, get the guardling out and use stun kick, and then switch to the snake to blind him, so that he can't use the second aoe, with the help of COD, next round you can just use the poison fang or puncture and he will die, when he will be in undead racial, he will not switch to waste another round, so just get your valk back up again, when your valk will be facing the direhorn, you should still have 600-700 HP and you should at least get 3 rounds attack, 4 if you are lucky. 4 rounds attacks against the direhorn should leave him under 300 HP, so now you have the snake and guardling to kill it off and face the idol.

You should still have the upper hand.

If your opponent will start out with the direhorn, the key is not to use haunt but just trade HP with him using your valk, usually he will die before you and you should still be OK by using your snake to kill his hatching and your valk still have pretty good chance against the idol.

3wd

Post by 3wd » February 4th, 2014, 10:47 am

Kpb321 wrote:
I'd imagine a P/P emp crab with surge would be really effective here. Aquatic racial to reduce dot dmg, Shell Shield to reduce it further and to use on those turns you know an ability can't hit. A heal to cast on those turns also and Surge to sneak in damage when you can due to it's "Always goes first" speed bonus. Yeah sandstorm is going to get the racial bonus but I'd guess that the emp crab could still go toe to toe with the Qiraji Guardling and win.
P/P emp crab is one of the decent counter against this team, yes using surge can counter the stun kick and the blind.

However, in order for you to survive that long, your crab will still need to use shield and heal right? You just can not trade surge every round.

So there will be guessing and mind game on which round you are goind to shield and heal. If the stun kick will be used correctly, you are still in a very bad situation to lose 2 rounds.

Actually, other than the crawdad, another very strong aqua pet to counter this team will be the purple bloat fish, many people may not know this : if your aqua pet will use pump first and then use other aqua skills, those aqua skill will also get the 10% dmg buff. So if the purple bloat fish will start out with the pump and use surge, this combo will be more deadly than the emp crab.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » February 4th, 2014, 11:58 am

3wd wrote: now, his hatchling will be almost for sure be dead, next round just use your normal rotation, get the guardling out and use stun kick, and then switch to the snake to blind him, so that he can't use the second aoe, with the help of COD, next round you can just use the poison fang or puncture and he will die, when he will be in undead racial, he will not switch to waste another round, so just get your valk back up again, when your valk will be facing the direhorn, you should still have 600-700 HP and you should at least get 3 rounds attack, 4 if you are lucky. 4 rounds attacks against the direhorn should leave him under 300 HP, so now you have the snake and guardling to kill it off and face the idol.
The problem I ran into was in this part. Up to here, I had actually done what you suggested. What happened though, was after the stun on his fossilized hatchling, I swapped to the death adder. Next round I blinding poisoned him. The following round he swapped in the Direhorn run instead of staying with the fossilized hatchling. At this point I had no way to stop the AoE slow. Had I known he was gonna do the swap right then, I would have poison fanged him and saved the blind for the swap. Though if I only poison fanged him, he could have just kept the fossilized hatchling in and AoE and attack me until I used blinding poison or I killed him. Still kind of a cruddy situation as my death adder would have killed the fossilized hatchling, but not before he did a lot of damage. It was a smart move on his part.

How would you handle the swap right after the blinding poison? There's no way to avoid the AoE slow at that point, so you have to recouperate somehow. Between the stuns and go first moves of the direhorn, it gets hairy once everyone is slowed.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

3wd

Post by 3wd » February 4th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Jerebear wrote:
3wd wrote: now, his hatchling will be almost for sure be dead, next round just use your normal rotation, get the guardling out and use stun kick, and then switch to the snake to blind him, so that he can't use the second aoe, with the help of COD, next round you can just use the poison fang or puncture and he will die, when he will be in undead racial, he will not switch to waste another round, so just get your valk back up again, when your valk will be facing the direhorn, you should still have 600-700 HP and you should at least get 3 rounds attack, 4 if you are lucky. 4 rounds attacks against the direhorn should leave him under 300 HP, so now you have the snake and guardling to kill it off and face the idol.
The problem I ran into was in this part. Up to here, I had actually done what you suggested. What happened though, was after the stun on his fossilized hatchling, I swapped to the death adder. Next round I blinding poisoned him. The following round he swapped in the Direhorn run instead of staying with the fossilized hatchling. At this point I had no way to stop the AoE slow. Had I known he was gonna do the swap right then, I would have poison fanged him and saved the blind for the swap. Though if I only poison fanged him, he could have just kept the fossilized hatchling in and AoE and attack me until I used blinding poison or I killed him. Still kind of a cruddy situation as my death adder would have killed the fossilized hatchling, but not before he did a lot of damage. It was a smart move on his part.

How would you handle the swap right after the blinding poison? There's no way to avoid the AoE slow at that point, so you have to recouperate somehow. Between the stuns and go first moves of the direhorn, it gets hairy once everyone is slowed.
Well, then you can counter him in this way :

1. so his hatching will be blinded by you.
2. next round you do not need to use puncture, but rather use poison fang will also kill the hatching if he prefer to stay. If he stay, his hatchling is dead, but you will probably eat another round of AOE by the hatchling after his racial.
3. if he switch like you said, not bad, poison fang on the direhorn.
4. if poison fang on direhorn, next round you use puncture, if direhorn stay and use aoe slow, he will lose more than half of his HP, you will eat an AOE slow, that's ok.
5. next round the direhorn will be for sure to use the stun charge trying to stun you, you switch to your valk, you are going to lose this round anyway, no big deal, if you get lucky, your valk may even get the buff from the stun and immue for the next 2 rounds.
6. your valk should be able to kill the direhorn easily and get through the 4 rounds of slow next, after your valk kill the direhorn and trade with the hatchling, you are still in good shape to finish the game.

So, the key is this : when you see the COD is on hatchling and you used blind on the hatchling, do not use puncture, but a poison fang can do the job, that will leave you a chance to against the direhorn.

And when you get slowed, the key is to use your valk to trade HP with the direhorn and let your other pets to get through those rounds.