Bot with Tripple AE Team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu
Bot with Tripple AE Team

Post by Kring » January 20th, 2014, 4:22 am

In my battle group there's a bot who plays the following team all day long.

[pet]Fossilized Hatchling[/pet] (Bone Bite, Ancient Blessing, BONESTORM)
[pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] (Breath, Thunderbolt, Decoy)
[pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] (Breath, Thunderbolt, Decoy)

The bot always starts with hatchling and uses the following priority list:

1) BONESTORM
2) Ancient Blessing
3) Bone Bite

The bot uses Ancient Blessing during his undead turn, which is one way to see that it isn't a human.

The hatchling tanks quite well because of his undead racial coupled with a heal and most of the time it's able to cast 2 BONESTORMs. That's nearly 500 damage to all 3 pets. Flying pets are on the brink of loosing their flying bonus. And It's about 700 damage to humanoids on the back row. If the opponent starts swapping or has a slow team you might be able to get 3 BONESTORMs off.

After the hatchling is dead the dragonlings come out and use the following priority list:

1) Thunderbolt
2) Decoy
3) Breath

Again, two mechanicals with their inherent high hp, coupled with the failsave racial and decoy means they will live for some time. Their high speed, the 100% hit AE Thunderbolt and the "two round protection" of decoy makes them excellent sweeper.

The team looks stupid but is actually quite hard to beat for many teams (at least for my teams...). After loosing to it with various teams I've built this team myself on Sunday and I scored something like 7:1 or 8:1 yesterday. It's incredible boring to play but it looks like an easy way to get the weekly for people who don't like PvP.

The chance to get matched against this bot late at night is quite high. This means I can't play teams with humanoids nor teams with fragile pets, like flyers, late at night. A Death Adder can prevent one BONESTORM but it won't live long enough for the second. I think the nerf to sand storm left AE teams without a counter.

Sellys
Pet Score:9122
Realm:Turalyon-us

Re: Bot with Tripple AE Team

Post by Sellys » January 20th, 2014, 10:05 pm

Sandstorm would counter this quite well still. It's just no longer an auto loss for the aoers.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Re: Bot with Tripple AE Team

Post by Yamum » January 21st, 2014, 10:45 am

If he does the exact same sequence then there's nothing stopping you from building the perfect counter. A bit like some of the tamers.