Fun PvP team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Noobcastle
Pet Score:2867
Realm:Hellscream-us
Fun PvP team

Post by Noobcastle » January 13th, 2014, 12:08 pm

So I just recently (over the last month) started using a really cool PvP setup (in my eyes at least) and I just wanted to share it and/or get comments on it! I am currently around an 80% win ratio with it. It's a "Darkness Build" with a heavy hitting Elemental, and a second weather change just encase I run into other heavy weather dependent combos.

Crow (PS), Ghostly Skull (HP), and Jademist Dancer (PS)

Crow runs with Alpha Strike, Call Darkness, and Nocturnal Strike. Ghostly Skull runs with Shadow Slash, Spectral Strike, and Unholy Ascension. Jademist Dancer runs with Steam Vent, Rain Dance, and Acid Rain.

Pretty straight forward, Crow does call Darkness, swap to Ghostly Skull for Spectral strike and then back to Crow for Nocturnal Strike. Use Alpha Strike on the Crow and/or Shadow Slash on the Ghostly Skull (preferred, because the Skull is basically your fodder so you can use Unholy Ascension). Your Jademist hits like a beast with the extra 25% damage taken from Unholy Ascension coupled with Rain Dance.

The main reason I like this build is because you have 2 weather effects, darkness for the heavy hitting and stopping the enemy team from healing, and cleansing rain if he overwrites your darkness with something else so he cannot use his weather effect. Regardless, you still have a very powerful Elemental pet there for your deal sealer.

I would love some comments! Thanks!

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Re: Fun PvP team

Post by Skavenged » January 13th, 2014, 3:06 pm

The neat thing about sharing your favorite teams out here is that you're giving your secret to about 60,000 other hardcore battlers. After that, one of two things usually happens: other people start using your team and you find yourself in mirror matches, where you're depending on RNG; even worse, people start running an exact counter to your team. That's why you don't see a lot of people list specific teams here. I personally only share teams that I no longer run very often.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Post by Tuatha » January 13th, 2014, 4:18 pm

I have a similar Darkness team, but sub a Searing Scorchling for the Jademist Dancer. Same basic premise, though. Two weather changers, heavy hitters, anti-healing with the Crow. It's a fun team. I'll have to try it with a Dancer some time.

Skavanged, you know I've [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8627]posted other teams[/url]. I like a challenge. Still over 900 to go before my 5k win achievement, but even with some great teams being posted recently I'm confident I'll get that knocked out before the next xpac. And if not, there will be all new fotm teams then!

Noobcastle
Pet Score:2867
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Noobcastle » January 13th, 2014, 6:09 pm

Knowledge is power, absolutely. But for those people just starting out that have no idea which direction to go in, it's sometimes nice to have an understanding of what a "working build" looks like.

You can find them all over the internet, I personally prefer sharing knowledge more than keeping it selfishly. Makes things much more of a challenge. In my opinion at least. =)

Athonx
Pet Score:2175
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Athonx » January 13th, 2014, 6:20 pm

i agree, noobcastle. thx for sharing. :)

Mogalicious
Pet Score:4231
Realm:Mug'thol-us

Post by Mogalicious » January 14th, 2014, 12:50 am

Thank you for sharing! I just got my crow and I'm excited to try some pvp with it! Will see if I can organize a similar team with the pets I have leveled :)

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » January 15th, 2014, 3:14 am

Skavenged wrote:The neat thing about sharing your favorite teams out here is that you're giving your secret to about 60,000 other hardcore battlers. After that, one of two things usually happens: other people start using your team and you find yourself in mirror matches, where you're depending on RNG; even worse, people start running an exact counter to your team. That's why you don't see a lot of people list specific teams here. I personally only share teams that I no longer run very often.
Not necessarily. I run with team suggestions from this site and seldom find mirror match or even a hard counter. It's a little extreme to make that sort of statement. It also isn't like these are FotM teams like the crawdads, or Murkalot + Fossilized Hatchling

I think that there are too little information about pet battles and teams. I love reading these and trying them out, some works and others don't. It's no different from someone posting raid strategies