Giant Gaping System Hole?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Warbeauty
Pet Score:3455
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Giant Gaping System Hole?

Post by Warbeauty » December 25th, 2013, 7:25 pm

So I'm going ask this question and it may be a strange or foreign concept to veteran pet battlers who have been with it from the start.

Leveling Pets for someone else who doesn't have level 25 pets yet. That first team grind as you all know is pretty rough. And once you beat all the tamers, have 3 lvl 25's, you start to just use the PvE system to power level all your pets. But for those who started from the ground floor at launch, you'll remember that not only did we have to PvE to level our pets, but we also PvP'd for lack of system knowledge at that point. PvP gave a TON of xp for your leveling team.

And it still does....

So is it wrong to speed level your friend via the PvP system? When MoP and pet battling were released, this would have been impossible due to the sheer number of people in the system. But I find now, all you need is a pet team with the exact same lvl pets as your friends, que at the same time, and 9 times out of 10 you will battle only each other. Which then allows the speed lvling friend the chance to literally throw the fight by passing the whole time, or just forfeiting. There are so few people who use PvP to lvl pets, when you finally fight someone else it comes as a shock half the time until you reach the 24-25 level battles.

Is this intentionally left as a way for people to power level pets so that they can get on with enjoying the level 25 pet content with all their friends? Or is this just a giant loop hole in the system that people can exploit?

Jabart
MVP
Pet Score:1878
BattleTag®:jonyeh420#1172
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Giant Gaping System Hole?

Post by Jabart » December 26th, 2013, 12:36 am

Seems like an unintended loophole; only random PvP pet battles give XP for a reason.

For reference, my less sketchy method of helping friends get to lvl 25:

- Give them three rare pets equal to their highest pet's lvl.
- Fly them to a wild pet a few levels higher and have them catch a poor quality one.
- Repeat.
Squee and Jabart on Madoran (H)
battletag: jonyeh420#1172

Wixey
Top Rater
Pet Score:3266
BattleTag®:Wim#2835
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Giant Gaping System Hole?

Post by Wixey » December 26th, 2013, 5:34 am

Jabart wrote:Seems like an unintended loophole; only random PvP pet battles give XP for a reason.

For reference, my less sketchy method of helping friends get to lvl 25:

- Give them three rare pets equal to their highest pet's lvl.
- Fly them to a wild pet a few levels higher and have them catch a poor quality one.
- Repeat.
Exactly this, if you want to just go for levels. You don't actually level your current pets, but instead capture higher level pets with your current pets.