Possible glitches that I don't understand

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us
Re: Possible glitches that I don't understand

Post by Astraldr0p » January 11th, 2014, 1:05 am

The only thing that I remember reading is that if there are two val'kyrs, the one with the higher speed is suppose to be the winner. I remember when I haunt and the other haunts, I come back and the other stays dead.

But I'm not seeing that anymore and I don't know if its a glitch or if it's working as intended :/

Muld
Pet Score:589
Realm:Nordrassil-eu

Post by Muld » January 24th, 2014, 11:31 am

I use Adder extensively and it is annoying but I've got a fairly firm idea of which abilities are bugged (or the description is bugged). There are sometimes "random" hits when I blind a pet with a 100% hit chance ability. I've been caught with all sorts of things but typically they tend to be big nukes (just my luck), including Ion Cannon, Demolish (that should NEVER hit through poison but it does, ironically it seems to hit MORE when sandstorm is up, looking at you Anub Idol) and Power Surge, I've also had howl penetrate the poison (luckily the power surge that followed missed this time). Even adders own ability Puncture Would will hit through on it's second part of the attack if the other adder is poisoned. Most abilties with wording "deals double damage" the double damage part will hit, other mutli attacks such as flurry/slicing wind (adder sucks vs moths) also often hit on the 2nd/3rd attacks.

Obviously as mentioned weather effect attacks still hit but that's expected I guess "always hits" beats "poison".

Most multi attacks seems to bug it out such as moth balls, turret (although it does contine to miss randomly for it's duration and often says miss but still takes the damage off!), bananas/bones/coins etc (anything that falls in waves). I just swap out when someone has Lil Bling, those coins hurt my adder even when blinded. Stampede abilities generally don't hit when blinded though, even though they are also sent in waves.

I've had Valk die randomly when Haunting but only seen this 2/3 times in 1000ish battles. I do run Valk+Adder+rotated 90% of the time so have plenty of battles with them.

Vek
Top Rater
Pet Score:3996
Realm:Aggramar-eu

Post by Vek » January 28th, 2014, 8:00 am

I have now also experienced this bug, on the receiving end. Blinded an opponent, but it still hit me with a regular attack, not other buffs/debuffs active. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was that the opposing pet had been stunned a round before and had the "immune to cc" buff. But this usually isn't any problem at all. Perhaps there just always is a 1% hit chance or something.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » January 28th, 2014, 11:01 am

Did their attack have 100% accuracy prior to Blinding Poison? There is a known bug where at least some <100% accuracy abilities are able to hit through Blinding Poison, with a low hit chance. For example Rampage routinely hits my snake when Blinding Poison is up (vs Major Payne). There is speculation that the game can't handle negative numbers, so Rampage (95%) - Blinding Poison (100%) = -5%, and that becomes 5%. I don't have enough data to prove it, but that would be consistent with my experience.