Idol/crawdad teams

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
Re: Idol/crawdad teams

Post by Graven » December 7th, 2013, 9:14 am

Luciandk wrote:
Graven wrote:
Hootstwo wrote:I'm with Grog. That team totally makes you reconsider the build of your own team. ONE team shouldn't do that.
Eh? You shouldn't have to ever reconsider the build of your pet team?

To Graven, then you havent really understood what pet battling is about. There is no ultimate team, and you have to adapt yourself to adjust to changing enemies.
You haven't really understood what my post is about. In fact, you seem to have read it and taken the opposite meaning from it.

Hint : if there is a question mark at the end, it is a question not a statement.

Asphodael
Pet Score:5028
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Asphodael » December 7th, 2013, 11:15 am

Wixey wrote:
Asphodael wrote:My only problem is with the terrible demolish bug they refuse to fix. The spell hits as hard as some 3 round cooldown abilities (ie Blood in the Water, Nocturnal Strike..), is spammable, and will hit more often than it misses because of its 70% hit chance. So obnoxious to deal with.

And eh, healer teams would be fine if there was a cap on how many turns a game could go before it just ended in a draw. As it is, forming a team that routinely either takes 40+ turns to finish or making someone just quit is a dick move.
Adding draws to the game willl likely not happen. What's the point of having a draw? Do you both get a win point? >> everyone runs with 3 healers.
Does noone get a win point? > Why not just flee then?

Draws will have no added value apart from restoring a bit of your pride :p

It would be nice of having a restriction of only being able to use a pet once a week for pvp. At the moment i'm battling against maybe 20 of the 500-600 pets in the game. Unborn valkyrs, ravens, jademist dancers, anubis, crawdad, death adders, ... Only the strong ones.

I'd love to fight against squirrels and chickens :p
The point of the draw is the same as the point of a draw in every other competitive game that has them. To discourage people from toxic strategies such as one meant to prolong a game for 50+ turns.

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » December 7th, 2013, 12:03 pm

Asphodael wrote:The point of the draw is the same as the point of a draw in every other competitive game that has them. To discourage people from toxic strategies such as one meant to prolong a game for 50+ turns.
To me, "toxic strategies" means things like taking unnecessarily long turns, or maybe playing the old triple turkey team. Stuff that's designed to waste time rather than win. As long as you're playing to win, there's no difference between playing a healer team and playing anything else.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » December 7th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Maleric wrote:
Asphodael wrote:The point of the draw is the same as the point of a draw in every other competitive game that has them. To discourage people from toxic strategies such as one meant to prolong a game for 50+ turns.
To me, "toxic strategies" means things like taking unnecessarily long turns, or maybe playing the old triple turkey team. Stuff that's designed to waste time rather than win. As long as you're playing to win, there's no difference between playing a healer team and playing anything else.
Well, to most people's minds (mind definitely included), a triple healer team is explicitly designed to win BY WASTING time. I consider those playing triple heals as being... not someone I'd want to spend time with ;)

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » December 7th, 2013, 10:19 pm

Hootstwo wrote:
Maleric wrote:
Well, to most people's minds (mind definitely included), a triple healer team is explicitly designed to win BY WASTING time. I consider those playing triple heals as being... not someone I'd want to spend time with ;)
You are making me want to make a triple healer team. :P

It's just the way I am. Someone once started a thread on the Blizzard forums asking for the [pet]Vampiric Batling[/pet] to be nerfed... so, since I have 3 of them, I made a team using all 3.

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » December 8th, 2013, 2:08 am

Hootstwo wrote:
Maleric wrote:
Wasting time doesn't cause wins. If you lose to a triple healer team it's because of the same old reasons that you'd lose to anyone else.

Esotica
Pet Score:12427
Realm:Pozzo dell'Eternità-eu

Post by Esotica » May 6th, 2019, 7:42 am

Can just only tell how to counter Idol/crawdad teams(death adder), pls?