Counter: Haunt - Righteous Inspiration

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Yooda
Pet Score:1703
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Counter: Haunt - Righteous Inspiration

Post by Yooda » November 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm

I have been noticing this for a while now, but here is my take on it...

[ability]Righteous Inspiration[/ability]
Switch to
[pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet]
use
[ability] Haunt[/ability]

This is an overpowered or great combo at the bare minimum. The haunt will hold the 100% extra damage for the duration of the DoT and it would appear when the Valk comes back into pay it will have the buff the next round... Allowing one to on letting their pet die or use some kind of trigger death to get the Valk back out...

Assuming the other team gets [RI], Swap to Valk off... What type of counters do you guys use with you core team...

My core team always has a Valk on it; so I generally swap my Valk in and eat the Haunt on the Valk... Then Haunt next round to get the DoT off...

What do you guys do on your core team?

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Re: Counter: Haunt - Righteous Inspiration

Post by Maleric » November 25th, 2013, 9:14 am

My core team is:

-P/P Emperor Crab with Snap, Shell Shield, and Healing Wave;
-H/S Restless Shadeling with Arcane Blast, Plagued Blood, and Phase Shift; and
-S/S Quiraji Guardling with Crush, Sandstorm, and Blackout Kick.

So my normal counter to this is to lead off with my Quiraji Guardling and use Blackout Kick first. As RI always goes first, the Valk will be swapped in and then stunned. Then I fire off Sandstorm on turn two when it's stunned, swap to my crab to soak the non-buffed Curse of Doom and Haunt, and proceed from there.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Re: Counter: Haunt - Righteous Inspiration

Post by 3wd » November 25th, 2013, 12:27 pm

Scalded Basilisk Hatchling - use crystal prison first, if the murk will use inspiration, great, the valk will be frozen, if the murk will not use inspiration on first round, great, you will have 1 round of free hit. and once he will wake up and use inspiration, great, now you are facing his valk, use feign death, and it will call your highest HP pet out.

So you got it now, team up with a crawdad, now you are facing a valk without the buff, put your shield on and she will do something like 5-10 laughable damage.