Fastes method to lvl pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Aii
Pet Score:4814
BattleTag®:aii#1754
Realm:Destromath-eu
Fastes method to lvl pets

Post by Aii » November 22nd, 2013, 11:21 am

Hi guys,
like the topic subject says, i am looking for a fast way to bring pets to lvl 25.
Right now i am killing aquatic pets in vale of the eternal blossems with 2 flying pets and i need around 40-60 minutes to level a pet from 1-25.
Does anyone know a better method?
I would appreciate.

Andrus
Top Rater
Pet Score:4515
Realm:Nathrezim-us

Re: Fastes method to lvl pets

Post by Andrus » November 22nd, 2013, 12:12 pm

The fastest way is to do the daily Tamer Battles. I believe there are 10 of them in Pandaria. You can level from 1 - 25 in about 5 battles using 2 specific pets for each and a "carry" pet. You can find guides with specific pets needed on this site. If you can get 2 pets for any one Tamer, then over a few days you can level others to complete the rest of the battles.

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » November 22nd, 2013, 12:27 pm

I usually jump on a alliance toon that i keep in stormwind. take lvl 1 pets with 2 lvl 25s pet and do the tamers in elwynn, westfall, both stvs, duskwood, and redridge. that should give you 6 lvl 4-5 pets. Switch over to my horde mage. Port to the vale, fly over to no no, take your lower levels 1 at a time with 2 moths and kill the civets around no no til they are lvls 10-15. Then do the tamers. usings 2 pets and the lower levels. Rapana Whelk, Anubisath Idol, Emerald Proto Whelp,and Fungal Moth are the ones I use in most of my tamer teams.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » November 22nd, 2013, 12:41 pm

Unfortunately, there is no "fastest" way.

If you've got a large collection, it'll take you a long long time to level them all, and sometimes it'll feel like you're not making any progress. It took me months to get all my pets leveled, but perseverance pays off.

That said:
Andrus wrote:The fastest way is to do the daily Tamer Battles. I believe there are 10 of them in Pandaria. You can level from 1 - 25 in about 5 battles using 2 specific pets for each and a "carry" pet. You can find guides with specific pets needed on this site. If you can get 2 pets for any one Tamer, then over a few days you can level others to complete the rest of the battles.
If you're only doing panda tamers, it'll take 6 fights to get a pet to 25 (assuming a safari hat). There's 11 tamers, so with just that, and 4 or 5 fights with regular world pets, and you can level 2 from 1 to 25 each day.

You can also use the non-pandaria tamers to get decent pet experience.
To toot my own horn, you can see my post on this (and it's reasonably accurate), but there's lots of other good guides that may fit your style better.

Arwyn3
Top Rater
Pet Score:6996
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-us

Post by Arwyn3 » November 22nd, 2013, 10:04 pm

Like all the other posters I strongly suggest tamer leveling. I would suggest getting all pets you intend to level w pandaren tamers to lvl 5-10 first which I do mostly on my lower level alts. Tamer dailies even low level ones, give very solid exp at every level for both pets and player character. There are a number of solid strategies for using a carry pet on the pandaren tamers including Tiggindy's thread and others on these forums. To be most efficient in figuring out what to prioritize leveling I would start looking at lists of Celestial Tourney essentials to take care of "endgame" pet content. 2-3 pets per day can be leveled w/o touching wild pets, although I will usually wild pet level if a pet is over 1/2 way thru 23, so as not to waste exp.

Sharleendk
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Sharleendk » November 23rd, 2013, 9:34 am

Amargodreams wrote:I usually jump on a alliance toon that i keep in stormwind. take lvl 1 pets with 2 lvl 25s pet and do the tamers in elwynn, westfall, both stvs, duskwood, and redridge. that should give you 6 lvl 4-5 pets. Switch over to my horde mage. Port to the vale, fly over to no no, take your lower levels 1 at a time with 2 moths and kill the civets around no no til they are lvls 10-15. Then do the tamers. usings 2 pets and the lower levels. Rapana Whelk, Anubisath Idol, Emerald Proto Whelp,and Fungal Moth are the ones I use in most of my tamer teams.
That cannot possibly be the fastest way to lvl pets!

Amargodreams
Top Rater
Pet Score:3933
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Amargodreams » November 23rd, 2013, 10:21 am

Sharleendk wrote:
Amargodreams wrote:I usually jump on a alliance toon that i keep in stormwind. take lvl 1 pets with 2 lvl 25s pet and do the tamers in elwynn, westfall, both stvs, duskwood, and redridge. that should give you 6 lvl 4-5 pets. Switch over to my horde mage. Port to the vale, fly over to no no, take your lower levels 1 at a time with 2 moths and kill the civets around no no til they are lvls 10-15. Then do the tamers. usings 2 pets and the lower levels. Rapana Whelk, Anubisath Idol, Emerald Proto Whelp,and Fungal Moth are the ones I use in most of my tamer teams.
It's a method I use to optimize how many I get max level a day vs. getting 1-2 while doing tamers.
However, If you have a faster method I'm up for suggestions! That don't use the 50% treat and 10% treat :)

For my above method, You could also skip the alliance tamers and go to zones that you are missing rares from and hunt for rares to level your lower pets from 1-15/ ex.While farming for a rare [pet]Spawn of Onyxia[/pet] I managed to get 7 pets to at least lvl 5. Flew over to Uldum to farm rares (i'm missing a lot in that zone) and took them to at least 15 before giving up the rare up and going to do tamers. Which is not fast imo but at least i killed two birds with one stone that day!

Sharleendk
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Sharleendk » November 24th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Amargodreams wrote:
Sharleendk wrote:
It's a method I use to optimize how many I get max level a day vs. getting 1-2 while doing tamers.
However, If you have a faster method I'm up for suggestions! That don't use the 50% treat and 10% treat :)

For my above method, You could also skip the alliance tamers and go to zones that you are missing rares from and hunt for rares to level your lower pets from 1-15/ ex.While farming for a rare [pet]Spawn of Onyxia[/pet] I managed to get 7 pets to at least lvl 5. Flew over to Uldum to farm rares (i'm missing a lot in that zone) and took them to at least 15 before giving up the rare up and going to do tamers. Which is not fast imo but at least i killed two birds with one stone that day!
Personally I'm content with getting 1 or 2 pets a day from 1-25. However I'm quite sure there's a spot in Pandaria where you face lvl 20+ pets which almost never will harm your pet with their 1st move. I think it's a spot in Jade Forest but never used it myself so dunno for sure. Think it's water pets though with Pump and Healing Rain.

Brisela

Post by Brisela » November 24th, 2013, 3:14 pm

the fastest way is to non stop battling 24 x7. you really need to set a goal and compare. there are 10 tamers in pandaria and 5 outside that you can get bags and massive xp. so you set 10 a day and you will do non stop battling for 8 hours straight. that is probably the fast way to get there. if you use 50% bonus treat and hat while you battle non stop at 3 lvl25 pets scenario the 8 hours mark will shrink down. 1-2 is a good goal that way you can use all the tamers and not have to work too hard :D

Brisela

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » November 24th, 2013, 5:59 pm

I used the Pandaria tamers and spirits to level 90% of my pets (have over 200 stones left from them.) Once I got the ones I wanted to 25 I leveled the rest evenly. I always used the 25% food buff, hat (automatically equipped with the mod), and once a week the extra 50% food buff (which stacks with the 25%.)

Patience and persistence.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » November 25th, 2013, 11:08 am

In the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, near the trainer, are a good few aquatic pets. 9 times out of 10 there first move will be a buff or a shield, so does no damage to your pet. Make sure you use a safari hat, have the pet to be levelled in slot 1, and fill up with flying level 25 pets. Pterodaxx Hatchling is a dragonkin but has flying moves and a heal making him ideal. Make one move with your carry pet, hope they shield/buff, then swap to the flying moveset one to end. 1-6 in one battle. I do 10-20 pets 1-6 when I have a spare 30 mins or so. If one dies, just forfiet and level up another.

Once you have a load of level 6 pets you can follow the guide on these forums to level quickly and easily with only 2 pets per trainer battle. Even if you don't have the pets they tell you to have, you can do it all with just two. As your pets are starting from level 6 you can get 2-3 to 25 per day. Some fights require a higher level carry pet, so I vary which pet I use, so for those fights I'm using a level 18ish pet.

Don't bother with the Beasts of Fable though.

Brisela

Post by Brisela » November 25th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Correct
I read a bunch of guides and have taken assignment from power levelers and they all indicate kill ctitters by nono. Basicallu comes down to how fast you can do per pve battles at nono with pet biscuit and safari hat. There may be others present at the place competing criters witj you. So it comes down to park alts at tamers and pve 24x7 to power lebel pers

Brisela

Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Kendrah » November 25th, 2013, 3:30 pm

Here's what I do:

I go to winterspring with my zep and mr. biggles. I put zep first, a level 1 pet in, then biggles (I use only one of these in the battles. I just do it this way to keep the healing down.) Either the zep or biggles goes first. I do a barricade, swap in the level 1, then swap back to the first pet and kill with that first pet. I then switch to another level 1 pet. This gets my pets up to level 5. I do a whooooooooole bunch of level 1 pets like this. It only takes one battle. I choose Winterspring because the pets are generally mechanical so they don't do the multi-hitting attacks (to keep the barricade up.)

I then take those level 5 pets on which characters doing my dailies. I have the treats and hat, naturally.

Finally, I've found that doing things this way leaves me with a lot of level 24 pet (or almost level 24 pets.) I don't want to waste the good EXP on them so I have a leveling alt stationed in the vale (loaded up with a lot of bandages.) I use two flyers and the one level 24 pet. The spot by No-No has no mobs and the pets respawn like crazy.

I know it would technically be faster to just do one more daily quest with them to get them to level 25 but I like the EXP my leveling characters get -- especially when I don't feel like questing. I just sit in LFG and level my pets.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » November 25th, 2013, 3:43 pm

I park a low level toon in Halfhil by the fabled pets. There are lots of marsh fiddlers there. Their first move is usually a heal. With hat and pet biscuit you get 6 levels the first battle. When you run out of pets to battle there you can run around the area so you have a constant supply of pets to battle without worrying about dying to the vermin. The nice thing about pet battling here is that you get alot of critters stones. At No-No you get lots of aquatic stones but I've found critter stones are more in demand.

To level pets I use a lvl 1 in my first slot 2nd slot a Zandalari Footslasher then my last slot an Infinite Whelpling. I don't need alot of bandages this was as both my level 25s have self heals.

Nitun is also good for critter stones as well.

With just a safari hat you get 5 levels. It's taken me 5 hours to get a toon from level 1 to level 20 via pet battles and untold pets leveled.

Gorespine or Kalfi are the places to park if you are looking for Beast stones.

Good luck and have fun!

Ridgebj
Pet Score:3993
BattleTag®:dds#1808
Realm:Gundrak-us

Post by Ridgebj » November 25th, 2013, 3:53 pm

Levelling pets from pandaria trainers requires a reasonable amount of level 25s to do efficiently.

If you are just starting out you should get a feline familiar up to 25. It's skill set means that it will take very little damage from normal pet battles so you will rarely have to heal. Emerald bite, stoneskin and devour are awesome. Upgrade to rare as soon as you can.

Vale of eternal blossoms is best if you are leveling lvl 1s as aquatic pets there tend to have opening moves that won't kill most of the time.

Above level 6 you can move to the veiled stair where you only fight critters and feline familiar is more efficient (swap emerald bite for pounce).

Hope this helps. Starting out is the hardest part.

Wakka
Pet Score:4324
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Wakka » November 25th, 2013, 4:37 pm

I level my pets to 20 in the valley on critters, then finish them off using dailies. 20 either levels them to twenty five or one battle away. Marsh fiddlers should be used to level your level ones as thy only have on attack that can one shot a level one. There are usually a few around Yi to get you started. If I have enough pets at level twenty going into the dailies I walk away with 6 leveled pets per day. I was using kovok/carry pet/Zand anklerender for this, but the pheromones nerf hurt my strat. Not sure if it's still the quickest way to go.

Mirres
Pet Score:1815
BattleTag®:Mirres#1719
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Mirres » November 25th, 2013, 4:57 pm

If you accept the quest to defeat the pandaren spirit tamers, but do not turn it in, you can fight them repeatedly.

Araetha
Realm:Dreadmaul-us

Post by Araetha » November 26th, 2013, 7:15 am

Here is what I use for fighting Pandaren tamers using only 3 teams and 4 pets.

Anubisath Idol, Darkmoon Zeppelin, 3rd pet
----------------------------------------------------
Grandmaster Aki - Vale of Eternal B
Farmer Nishi* - Valley of Four W
Wastewalker Shu* - Dread Wastes
Water Spirit* - Dread Wastes*

Emerald Proto Whelp, Darkmoon Zeppelin, 3rd pet
Courageous Yon - Kun-lai
Mo'ruk - Krasarang Wild
Hyuna - Jade Forest
Air Spirit* - Jade Forest

Shimmershell Snail, Darkmoon Zeppelin, 3rd pet
Seeker Zusshi* - Townlong Steppes
Fire Spirit* - Townlong Steppes
Earth Spirit - Vale of Eternal B

Why Darkmoon Zeppelin?
The strategy here is to use either Anubisath Idol, Emerald Proto Whelp and Shimmershell Snail to kill 2 of their team members and let Darkmoon Zeppelin Explode for 618 damage on the last pet. If your Zeppelin Explode lands the kill, your leveling pet will automatically step up into the fight and win. Doing this completely removes the need to swap your leveling pet in. Your lvl 1 pet can just sit back and let your dudes do all the job.

However, some tamers have annoying AoE abilities and might be dangerous to your lovely child. I marked them with * to let you know that you need some health to withstand some damage.

Also, please beware of exploding into Burrow, Dive, Fly, Survival and stuffs.

Astraldr0p
Pet Score:4511
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Astraldr0p » December 2nd, 2013, 11:29 am

Mirres wrote:If you accept the quest to defeat the pandaren spirit tamers, but do not turn it in, you can fight them repeatedly.
really? coz I messed up like two days when I was leveling my pet and completed the quest. It wouldnt allow me to repeat the battle or even abandon the quest. I had to turn it in immediately.

----

Personally, I use the trainers to level my pets, I can level up to 6/7 but at most, at least 3-4 in one hour. It just depends on the RNG. If you dont have the safari hat and the lesser pet treat, I'd really farm those up first. Three battles for one of the pet treats is worth it.

I also use an addon called Rematch. It lets me save the teams and autoloads when you talk to the trainers. They have a little peg where I could drag my leveling pet's icon and it recognizes that if its in that peg, it'll stay even when youre switching teams.

For the hour, I go through this order:
Vale, Valley, Krasarang, Flowing Pandaren Spirit, Dread Wastes is one pet with the hat and lesser pet treat
Townlong, Burning Pandaren Spirit, Kun-lai then I hearth and then go to Thundering Pandaren Spirit, Whispering Pandaren Spirit is one more pet with the hat and the lesser pet treat.

If, for example, RNG hates me and I just kept getting stuck and the timer runs out or if my leveling pet never actually got XP from one of the bosses, I usually reserve Hyuna as a back-up. Most cases, I still end with abt 10-15 mins to spare. So I take a level 23 and use Hyuna - she brings the pet to 95% and I do a wild battle for the remaining. Since I do have some extra time left, I do just grind out the lvl24/lvl25s to bring up my lvl23s.

Kpb321
Pet Score:3974
BattleTag®:kpb#1554
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Kpb321 » December 2nd, 2013, 11:52 am

Astraldr0p wrote:
Mirres wrote:If you accept the quest to defeat the pandaren spirit tamers, but do not turn it in, you can fight them repeatedly.
really? coz I messed up like two days when I was leveling my pet and completed the quest. It wouldnt allow me to repeat the battle or even abandon the quest. I had to turn it in immediately.
This works for the initial one time only quest not for the daily version or at least it used to.