Fastes method to lvl pets

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Kendrah
MVP
Pet Score:9579
Realm:Thrall-us
Re: Fastes method to lvl pets

Post by Kendrah » December 2nd, 2013, 3:12 pm

Astraldr0p wrote:really? coz I messed up like two days when I was leveling my pet and completed the quest. It wouldnt allow me to repeat the battle or even abandon the quest. I had to turn it in immediately.
That's only for the initial quest. Hell, you can't drop any of the fabled dailies if one of your characters killed one of the beasties. I think they made it this way because people were cheating the system by dropping the quest after they finished it.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » December 2nd, 2013, 3:25 pm

I believe this was hot fixed awhile back due to people exploiting this strat. That's why the fabled pets give very little pets xp since you can do the over and over again.

Quendo
Pet Score:13852
Realm:Nathrezim-eu

Post by Quendo » December 2nd, 2013, 3:56 pm

Definitely The fastest way is as already posted the tamer dailies in pandaria. I level my pets to 23 or 24 and do the rest with my lvl 85-90 alts in the valley of 4 winds. If using a hat and 1 or 2 biscuits it's a very quick method. Important is just to do the dailies every day.

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Staghelm-us

Re: Fastest method to lvl pets

Post by Silverthorn » December 10th, 2013, 3:35 pm

I have alts parked at each of the Pandaren tamers, as well as the Northrend and Uldum tamers-- the ones that drop bags. All nearby mobs are far enough away that even an L1 won't aggro on them.

The Pet burgers last much longer for me because there is no travel time wasted--simply log in, get the quest, battle, collect the bag, logout, select next battle team and next carry pet. That's not a typo. Select logout and while you have the 20 second logout counter, instead of twiddling your thumbs, just hit shift-P and bring up the Pets interface. If you use the Pet Battle Teams addon, you can do switch teams and add a carry before you actually log out. This maximizes your Pet food buff uptime. I can get around 15 tamer battles from a single burger. Granted, it does take 2 weeks.

Note: if there are tamer battles you consistently do not win on the first attempt, check the forums here for alternate strategies. Also, have some idea how many HP your carry pets need to survive. Some tamer battles can carry L1 pets-- Aki, Mo'ruk, and Yon come to mind, but others (i.e. Flowing Spirit) can't because of significant back row pet damage.

It takes approximately an hour to rotate through the 13 battles-- many do not even take 2 minutes to finish-- which is what it takes to bring the Heal Pet icon off cooldown from logging in on that character. Each battle uses mostly different teams, so I can easily run 2 or so different tamers before needing to Heal or Bandage. The level gain from tamers is so much better than wild pet battles, that I typically only use the wild pet battles to finish leveling pets from 24.x to 25.

Silverthorn

Iamwhatis
Pet Score:4076
Realm:Stormscale-us

Post by Iamwhatis » December 10th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Silverthorn wrote:I have alts parked at each of the Pandaren tamers, as well as the Northrend and Uldum tamers-- the ones that drop bags. All nearby mobs are far enough away that even an L1 won't aggro on them.

The Pet burgers last much longer for me because there is no travel time wasted--simply log in, get the quest, battle, collect the bag, logout, select next battle team and next carry pet. That's not a typo. Select logout and while you have the 20 second logout counter, instead of twiddling your thumbs, just hit shift-P and bring up the Pets interface. If you use the Pet Battle Teams addon, you can do switch teams and add a carry before you actually log out. This maximizes your Pet food buff uptime. I can get around 15 tamer battles from a single burger. Granted, it does take 2 weeks.

Note: if there are tamer battles you consistently do not win on the first attempt, check the forums here for alternate strategies. Also, have some idea how many HP your carry pets need to survive. Some tamer battles can carry L1 pets-- Aki, Mo'ruk, and Yon come to mind, but others (i.e. Flowing Spirit) can't because of significant back row pet damage.

It takes approximately an hour to rotate through the 13 battles-- many do not even take 2 minutes to finish-- which is what it takes to bring the Heal Pet icon off cooldown from logging in on that character. Each battle uses mostly different teams, so I can easily run 2 or so different tamers before needing to Heal or Bandage. The level gain from tamers is so much better than wild pet battles, that I typically only use the wild pet battles to finish leveling pets from 24.x to 25.

Silverthorn

How many battles does it take to get from level 1 to level 25?

Malignus
Pet Score:2691
Realm:Shadowsong-eu

Post by Malignus » December 11th, 2013, 5:05 am

I start with leveling 3 pets fighting the striders in the Vale (they usually start with a non-damaging attack). With hat and lesser biscuit each pet levels to 8 in two fights. Then I do the Pandaria dailies, minding it's important to have a level ~22 pet for Flowing and Thundering spirits. I finish the dailies with 2 pets leveled fully and 1 at level 22. You can finish leveling him with other dailies or save him for another day (I prefer doing the Darkmoon Faire trainer when he's available).

If one of my pets ends at 24, I don't waste a Pandaria daily on him. Just use him on the remaining beast and critter fables, since I only need two pets to beat them.

Whenever I have the bigger pet biscuit (it stacks with the lesser one!), I level 4 pets instead of 3.

I takes me around a hour and a half to level all three pets from lvl 1 to lvl 25. I'm using [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] and [pet]Emerald Proto-Whelp[/pet] for almost all of the trainers and spirits (with the exception of [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet] + [pet]Darkmoon Tonk[/pet] for Thundering spirit and [pet]Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling[/pet] + [pet]Phoenix Hatchling[/pet] for the DF trainer). It should be faster with more optimal pets.

Leveling your first 3 pets to max level is another story ;) It takes much longer...

Silverthorn
MVP
Pet Score:13863
Realm:Staghelm-us

Post by Silverthorn » December 11th, 2013, 2:52 pm

Iamwhatis wrote:How many battles does it take to get from level 1 to level 25?
Four to six tamer battles, depending on the buffs. Getting those buffs requires doing either the weekly PvP Pet Battle quest, the Beasts of Fable dailies, and/or the Celestial Tournament. I've never seen the buff foods drop from the tamer bags.

Silverthorn

Anarchitect
Pet Score:6201
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Anarchitect » December 12th, 2013, 10:52 pm

I agree with the guy who said to park alts at the tamers.

If you have a nice mage friend with a two person mount and an hour to kill, you can make some random characters on another server, party up with the mage and have them port you to the vale and then fly you around to the tamers. Though make sure you hit a mailbox first to get your hat and a treat or two (since you can finally actually mail across servers).

That's my plan anyways.

Jackbarxiao

Post by Jackbarxiao » December 14th, 2013, 4:26 am

Enjoy the rag and monk!