Thoughts on a good pet "battalion"?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nightvt
Pet Score:2229
Realm:Duskwood-us
Thoughts on a good pet "battalion"?

Post by Nightvt » November 10th, 2013, 12:08 am

I've been doing a lot of collecting, and levelled my first few pets to 25. Didn't think about good pets to level as far as battling, just picked some favorites (Firefly, Murkablo, and Darkmoon Rabbit). Since then I've gotten Anubisath Idol, Chrominius, and Onyxian Whelpling (along with a Scourged Whelpling) up to 25, with the idea of hitting the trainers and levelling up a good all-around team of pet battlers.

So, given my current pets (and wild pets I could expect to find in Pandaria, still working those), what's a good "battalion" (one of each type) of pets to level up next? With Anubisath Idol, Chrominius, and Onyxian Whelpling, I should be able to level up a good assortment of pets, just not sure which ones would be good members of a team.

[profile]NightVT[/profile]

P.S. I realize how noobish my post sounds. I haven't done any pet PvP, and I still don't have a feel for how pets play well together, nor how they fare against other seasoned players.

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Re: Thoughts on a good pet "battalion"?

Post by Shikon01 » November 10th, 2013, 10:01 am

Just jump on in there its a lot about trial and error as well as personal choices because so many combos will work well together. Do alittle reading of forums here and on wow to get a feel of what works well together as well as what some of your favorite pets are. For me, my go to pet for leveling is my emerald whelping and fossilized hatching because of their healing abilities. You have some great pets to chose from and theres all kinds of teams to put together. There are the straight up blood/ tanking teams, weather/ lightening teams and my favorite shadow/ darkness teams because of their undead/ swap abilities. You need to hit it and get it w/ your murkalot its abilities are awesome ! Some pets I would recommend for you to level right away is any rabbit and frog. You need some aqua pets level like your aqua strider, Get you a DM tonk and monkey.Level Lil Ragaros ,cinder kitten,infinite whelping, pandaren monk, raven,singing sunflower ( I hate fighting that pet ) creepy crate, fluxfire feline, blighthawk fossilized hatching, winter's lil helper, panda monk ghostly skull and wolperfinger and wolver pup just to name a few. These will really give you a great start. Practice putting some teams together as you level pets as well. You will do just fine and welcome to pet battle :))

Worgenbait
Top Rater
Pet Score:10000
BattleTag®:Worgenbait#1777
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Worgenbait » November 12th, 2013, 4:07 pm

I have 565 pets, and even I didn'y have a couple of the pets you named yet. lol

Myself, the easiest trainers require just a few pets that aren't that hard to get. You mentioned the Anibisath Idol, which is good. That sucker can solo 3 Pandarian trainers/elementals on his own, making pet leving easy.

My list of pets for each trainer and the order I hit them in for ease of transit.

Farmer Nishi - Valley
Level Pet (Hit once and switch out)
Eternal Strider/Dancing Water Skimmer/Aqua Strider (Water Jet, Clensing Rain, Pump)(any of the 3 work, go with the fastest one you get)
Any mechanical will do to finish off the beast

Lucky Yi (Beast of Fable) - Valley
Zandalari Kneebiter S/S (Blackclaw, Hunting Party, and if needed, Bloodfang)
Whatever, because you won't need anything else

Greyhoof (Beast of Fable) - Valley
Darkmoon Zepplin
Darkmoon Tonk
Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (or any other mechanical, I've been playing a Lil' Bling here lately)

Skitterer Xi'a (Beast of Fable) - Krasarang
Ji-Kun Hatchling (though you can use any flyer with flock)
Brilliant Kaliri (should only need one Predatory Strike after the flock to finish)
Skywisp Moth

Mo'ruk - Krasarang
Clockwork Gnome/Lil' Bling
Disgusting Oozeling
Leveling pet

Flowing Pandaren Spirit - Dread Wastes
Brilliant Kaliri
Chuck/Muckbreath/Toothy (Rip, Blood in the Water)
Leveling pet (actually harder NOT killing them before you bring the leveling pet in then losing)

Gorespine (Beast of Fable) - Dread Wastes
Darkmoon Zepplin
Darkmoon Tonk
Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot (or any other mechanical, I've been playing a Lil' Bling here lately)

No-No - Vale
Brilliant Kaliri (should only need one Predatory Strike after the flock to finish)
Skywisp Moth

Aki - Vale (this used to be first in my order before 5.4)
Leveling Pet (one hit and switch)
Anubisath Idol
Brilliant Kaliri/Skywisp Moth (Only need once every 3 tries)

Ti'un - (Beast of Fable) - Townlong
Alpine Foxling (though any pet with Howl works)
Skywisp Moth
Brilliant Kaliri

Seeker Zusshi - Townlong
Brilliant Kaliri
Leveling Pet (Again, actually harder NOT killing them before you bring the leveling pet in then losing)

Burning Pandaren Spirit - Townlong
Anubisath Idol (Can solo this fight easy)
Leveling Pet
Leveling Pet or whatever you want to use

Kafi - (Beast of Fable) - Kun-Lai
Darkmoon Zepplin
Darkmoon Tonk

Yon - Kun-Lai
Enchanted Lantern
Any Direhorn Pet (Tried the Zandalari Raptor, but it slaughtered them before I could stop it, so switched back)
Leveling pet

Thundering Pandaren Spirit - Kun-Lai (I just hate this fight)
Any Speedy roach (apocalypse is most imporatant, along with speed. 2 hits and then switch. He'll come back in after last pet goes down)
Any fast Wild Hatchling

Dos-Ryga - Kun-Lai
Skywisp Moth

Whispering Pandaren Spirit - Jade Forest
Disgusting Oozeling
Anubisath Idol
Leveling pet

Nitun - (Beast of Fable) - Jade Forest
I use two other Zandalari Raptors as back-up

Hyuna - Jade Forest
Disgusting Oozeling
Skywisp Moth
Leveling Pet

Ka'wi - (Beast of Fable) - Jade Forest
I use two other Zandalari Raptors as back-up

Total Time - 1 hour, 15 minutes, not counting stops to kill rares along the way.

Pets required
Zandalari Kneebiter S/S
Disgusting Oozeling
Skywisp Moth
Anubisath Idol
Chuck/Muckbreath/Toothy
Any fast Wild Hatchling
Ji-Kun Hatchling/any flyer with flock)
Brilliant Kaliri
Enchanted Lantern
Any Direhorn Pet
Darkmoon Zepplin
Darkmoon Tonk
Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot/Lil Bling/Any Mechanical
Eternal Strider/Dancing Water Skimmer/Aqua Strider
Alpine Foxling

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » November 12th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Get 1 or 2 Emerald Proto Whelps from Shalozar Basin they totally rock. I use one on Yon - Hyuna - and Mo'ruck. If played right you can use them for the entire fights, my back up here for these 2 is a moth in case my whelp dies. (I always level a pet here)Just use Emerald Bite Emerald Presence and Emerald Dream.

Another good pet is Infinite Whelpling you can get one by the caverns of time. Again I use a p/p.

The Zandalari raptors are good as well. Just use Black Claw and Hunting Party.

Clockwork Gnome is also Awesome. I'm just listing a few so you don't get overwhelmed. The Forrest Moth Rocks as well I actually use that one more then my Yellow P/P moth.

I do all the trainer with a carry pet though in some cases it's not always a level 1 Especially for Flowing Spirit trainer due to the aoe damage.