Rate that comp!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Highmitsu
Pet Score:3456
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Rate that comp!

Post by Highmitsu » November 5th, 2013, 8:55 am

Figured we could do something like this on the forum. First time poster too, hello!
I'm slowly grinding to 1000 wins for the title (at about 700/1000 now) and I've played several comps. My favorite so far is my CC comp though. Setup is as follows:
#1 H/P/S Val'kyr
# 2 S/S Death Adder Hatchling
#3 S/S Bonkers

The reason I play this comp is that in my battlegroup, not a lot of people seem to be countering it.
I use a very simple but efficient rotation depending on what I come across, but if I don't come across nasty aquatics, I'm generally dooming (but looking out that it doesn't get dodged or blinded), then haunting, switching to the Adder (which, unless it's up against a flying pet, is faster than *most* pets), using blinding poison, and switching to bonkers to use dodge, into a tornado punch.

(which hopefully stuns in order to get a free switch to the val'kyr, assuming said pet isn't dead yet)

I'm switching to my adder in case I meet a minefield team, since if you blind after it's been placed and switch during the blind, the explosion will miss.

You could ask me why I'm not using the H/H Val'kyr. The answer is pretty simple -> given that you come up against another val'kyr, you want to make sure that you're able to immediately haunt into it rather than putting up doom first.

Anyway. Rate this comp and post your own! Maybe I'll get some ideas for other comps to use c:

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576

Re: Rate that comp!

Post by Luciandk » November 5th, 2013, 10:01 am

Quite alike to what ive been running, but some useful tactics there I shall remember.

Youve inspired me to go look for a B/B valkyr.

Highmitsu

Post by Highmitsu » November 5th, 2013, 10:15 am

I should add that there's a few counters though - my comp is by no means perfect (I'm looking at you, incredispeed rabbits or moths)

Skavenged
Pet Score:9590
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Skavenged » November 5th, 2013, 10:18 am

Actually, I prefer haunting AFTER they haunt. Sure, you get one round of haunt on my Valk, but I get to doom AND haunt your next pet, while your valk heads to back row. no harm no foul

Highmitsu

Post by Highmitsu » November 5th, 2013, 10:21 am

Thing is, I can CC them indefinately if they come across my combination. Also, if you haunt on the same turn as the H/H one does, it instantly dies for some reason!

Edit: Just did it again! Came across a H/H valk, just instantly haunted and he aparantly had the same idea. His pet instantly died because of that.

Likebigbuttz
Pet Score:5322
Realm:Aman'Thul-us

Post by Likebigbuttz » November 5th, 2013, 8:33 pm

You have to be patient when facing off against another Valk. I have a H/H because it's what I got and learned the hard way about mistiming the Haunt.

I am more than happy to let them Haunt my Valk while I spam the Slot 1 ability and then Doom and Haunt their next pet if possible.

I am now running an Aquatic so I sometimes just put it in against the Valk and soak the haunt which hits for next to nothing and then go with my Valk against whatever they put in.