Pet Abilities Question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13968
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us
Pet Abilities Question

Post by Jaladar » October 30th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Hello Everyone--

I need some help and I couldn't find what I wanted via Google so I figured I would ask here and see what you guys and gals have to say.

I am sure you have all experienced pet abilities swapping when you move pets around for battle. For instance, I use Anub and have his 2nd ability set to stoneskin, but if I swap a few pets around for a few battles when I come back to him eventually his stoneskin is now sandstorm. If I don't catch this prior to battle i may be hosed.

My question is: is there a way to lock the spells in place so they don't change unless you actually change them yourself? Add-on or otherwise?

Thanks

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet Abilities Question

Post by Quintessence » October 30th, 2013, 7:47 pm

This issue should have been fixed by now. IIRC, it was fixed in either 5.3 or 5.4.

From personal experience, my pets keep whichever abilities I choose for them. There isn't an option (that I know of) that turns this function on or off. It should be on by default.

If you're experiencing any pets reverting back to default abilities each time you swap them in and out of your active pet team, report it as a bug. They should be retaining whichever abilities you last chose for them, even when moving them to and from your team.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jaladar
Top Rater
Pet Score:13968
BattleTag®:Jaladar#11384
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Jaladar » October 30th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Thanks

I used Anub as my example because I was looking at him at the time, but the one I really notice it on the most right now is my Gilnean Raven. I use Alpha Strike and Call Darkness almost always, but when I swap him out and back in later I tend to have Peck and Darkflame as my abilities. I will continue to watch and report next time it happens.

Thanks again

Jal

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » October 30th, 2013, 8:13 pm

Do you have multiples of those pets in question?

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 30th, 2013, 8:23 pm

Are you using Pet Battle Teams? If so, are you swapping the pets directly to the active team, or swapping them into the team list on the side of your pet journal?

One thing that I have noticed, is that if I swap pets in and out of the teams on the side (as opposed to the active team), the abilities get set to the default abilities.

Another thought, when the abilities get switched, are you changing them back to what you want before swapping the pet out of that team?