Netherwhelp - one of the most strongest PVP pet in 5.4

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us
Netherwhelp - one of the most strongest PVP pet in 5.4

Post by 3wd » October 22nd, 2013, 4:34 pm

I have won more than 1000 PVP matches in 5.4 and this pet is playing a very important role in my various setup.

The most frequent setup I will use to team up with Netherwhelp is a balance valk with 244 speed.

You start out with a valk and go with haunt immediately, normally you will get hit once around 350 dmg.

your opponent will eat 150 dmg from haunt in the first round.

Then you get your Netherwhelp in, start with evasion, your opponent will eat another 150 haunt dmg.

Then your Netherwhelp will use Soulrush (439 dmg), up to this point, 440 +300 = 740 dmg.

If your opponent will have less than 1480 HP, your dragon racial (50% extra dmg for next round) will appear.

Also, don't forget this round your opponent will eat another round of haunt for 150.

So, in the last 3 rounds, lets recap what happened : 3 rounds of haunt = 450 dmg, one soulrush for 440 dmg = total 890 dmg and your pet will have 50% extra dmg next round.

Next round your Netherwhelp go with Breath : 351 base dmg, with 50% extra dmg = total : 526.5

890 + 526.5 = 1416.5

So what does this setup tell you?

with a B/B valk plus a Netherwhelp, when you are facing an opponent with speed lower than 305 and HP close to around 1400 (tons of those pets around), you are almost guaranteed to kill it off with only one hit dmg to your valk.

And trust me, not many people will withdraw their pet with haunt on to the backrow especially when their pet will have 2-3 rounds skill setup and with low HP.

Not to mention other than above setup, more than often if your soulrush hit with a stun, you will be doing some chain godly dmg even without the evasion on.

If you have this pet, try it out in 5.4 PVP, you will be surprised to see how strong it is.

Snuffed
Pet Score:1285
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Re: Netherwhelp - one of the most strongest PVP pet in 5.4

Post by Snuffed » October 23rd, 2013, 10:15 am

So you've coupled an evasive pet with the actual "most strongest" pvp pet in 5.4, everyone already knows valk is nuts.

Brisela

Post by Brisela » October 23rd, 2013, 10:36 am

Yes I agree
I have finished 5000 wins in pvp and obtained the legendary brawler before 5.4
Valk is strongest even without the 5.4 buff
Means if you miss haunt the valk dies permenantly in battle or ypur opponent dies
When haumt is active the valk dies permenantly
Valk buff made valk fool proof anyone can use it effectively

Brisela

Faelar
Top Rater
Pet Score:6744
BattleTag®:Faelar#1331
Realm:Thrall-us

Post by Faelar » October 23rd, 2013, 10:44 am

There are quite a lot of better pets to pair with a valk than a netherwhelp

Maizing
Pet Score:5724
BattleTag®:Maizing#1456
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Maizing » October 23rd, 2013, 11:50 am

Heh... I made a team with an [pet]Unborn Val'kyr[/pet], [pet]Zao, Calfling of Niuzao[/pet] and [pet]Magical Crawdad[/pet]. Very good team.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » October 25th, 2013, 2:21 pm

The question is: your opponents do nothing while you play your (very obvious) combo? ... switch off the haunted pet, put in a faster one/undead just to get rid of the dragon ...

Seems there is a pool where you can easily win with your "tactics" - wouldn't be possible in mine :lol: at least not on a regular basis.

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » October 26th, 2013, 3:07 am

I love seeing teams with Unborn Valkyrs; I win 9 out of 10 battles against them, so please keep using them! :lol:

Shikon01
MVP
Pet Score:2668
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Shikon01 » October 28th, 2013, 8:32 am

Avalee wrote:I love seeing teams with Unborn Valkyrs; I win 9 out of 10 battles against them, so please keep using them! :lol:
Though I have used this pet folks have gone crazy loading teams w/ valkrs so I always try to keep alittle something special on my team just to spank dat ass right off the bat :)) :o

3wd

Post by 3wd » October 28th, 2013, 11:38 am

Spary wrote:The question is: your opponents do nothing while you play your (very obvious) combo? ... switch off the haunted pet, put in a faster one/undead just to get rid of the dragon ...

Seems there is a pool where you can easily win with your "tactics" - wouldn't be possible in mine :lol: at least not on a regular basis.
switch off the haunted pet is a very good trade off for my evasion, after eating 600 dmg and your pet is in the back row and that means next time up you will have around 800 HP only, giving the fact that you are slower than my netherwhelp, you will lost the 1 v 1 battle at the end.

get a faster pet up also will have limitation, you need to understand most of the faster pets are flying pet, and the soulrush will crush them like flies.

Sure, I am not saying the netherwhelp is unbeatable, all I am saying is : because of the 50% HP extra dmg racial, please the fact that the evasion skill works very well with other pets like valk, it makes this pet one of the top pvp pets in this patch.

3wd

Post by 3wd » October 28th, 2013, 11:46 am

Brisela wrote:Yes I agree
I have finished 5000 wins in pvp and obtained the legendary brawler before 5.4
Valk is strongest even without the 5.4 buff
Means if you miss haunt the valk dies permenantly in battle or ypur opponent dies
When haumt is active the valk dies permenantly
Valk buff made valk fool proof anyone can use it effectively

Brisela
The change in haunt no doubt greatly increase this pet's value in 5.4, however, a good valk team still needs great teammate to be successful.

In the last several patches, there were much worse OP pet than the valks, such as the mech kitty, the direhorns, you actually do not need any skills to play those as people can just go 3X of those to form a team.

In this patch, you play 1 valk in your valk team, that could be a great team, you play 2 valks in your valk team, that's going to suck most of the time, if you play a 3X valks team, you are a moron.

That's the difference.

How to play the valk up to her potential, it really depends on the "bridge" - the second pet you are going to call up after the valk, either corpse eating, evasion to stall, CC skills ect. Along with the new 341 speed snake, the netherwhelp can be as deadly and effectively (if not more) as any other pets in this patch.

And when it will come down to late game 1 v 1, netherwhelp no doubt will be one of the strongest choice for you to pull out a win.

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » October 28th, 2013, 1:31 pm

3wd wrote:Sure, I am not saying the netherwhelp is unbeatable, all I am saying is : because of the 50% HP extra dmg racial, please the fact that the evasion skill works very well with other pets like valk, it makes this pet one of the top pvp pets in this patch.
I think what people are saying is: the Valk is the really unique and powerful component of that team. The Netherwhelp combines well with Valk, but there are many other fast/evasive/high-damage pets that can play a similar role: you already mentioned SS Death Adder Hatchling, and there's also SS Bonkers, PP Yellow Moth, etc.

3wd

Post by 3wd » October 29th, 2013, 10:45 am

Poofah wrote:
3wd wrote:Sure, I am not saying the netherwhelp is unbeatable, all I am saying is : because of the 50% HP extra dmg racial, please the fact that the evasion skill works very well with other pets like valk, it makes this pet one of the top pvp pets in this patch.
I think what people are saying is: the Valk is the really unique and powerful component of that team. The Netherwhelp combines well with Valk, but there are many other fast/evasive/high-damage pets that can play a similar role: you already mentioned SS Death Adder Hatchling, and there's also SS Bonkers, PP Yellow Moth, etc.
I am glad that you mentioned the SS bonkers.

Lets do a comparison.

The skill set of a SS Bonker is exactly the same as netherwhelp.

Skill 1 : 90% hit chance skill
Skill 2 : Evasion
Skill 3 : 95% to hit and with 25% stun chance big hitter.

However, if you will spend time to play both the bonker and the netherwhelp in your valk team, you will notice the big difference : that a SS bonker is exactly just a poor man's version of the netherwhelp.

You will notice the 50% extra dmg dragon racial is so huge and it will definitely outweigh the human racial.

Granted, speed is important, but we are NOT talking about just a bonker vs a netherwhelp matchup (which the bonker will win 90-95% of the time), we are talking about the general matchup when you que a PVP match. 305 speed (netherwhelp) will not do much worse than a 325 speed bonker in most cases - but the dragon racial will bring much more benefit than anything else.

The key for the netherwhelp to be successful in this patch is the huge buff to the dragon racial. Before this patch, Onyxian Whelpling is a very strong PVE pet but close to a joke in PVP, but in this patch, actually this pet is a much viable PVP pet than most people thought.

Also, people may ask this : why must be the netherwhelp but not a SS Nether Faerie dragon? which can also have a similar skill set as :

skill 1 : arcane blast
skill 2 : evasion
skill 3 : moonfire

well, other than moonfire does not have a chance to stun, the other setup seems pretty similar right?

Not exactly, the issue is in the arcane blast - this is a 100% hit skill and it needs time to build up the damage and this is the problem - that's why netherwhelp is better than any other similar dragons.

As for the speed difference : 305 vs 325, yes you will lost a game here or there, but after you will play for a while, you will notice that the difference is not that significant and in fact, you will notice more and more good players will tend to use the BB crow or even the 305 speed snake.