Premature Ending to Battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Premature Ending to Battles

Post by Quintessence » October 19th, 2012, 5:08 am

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing a possible bug with battles ending prematurely.

This started happening to me a few days ago. When I'm about to finish the battle it just abruptly ends. My pets don't receive the recovery heal that normally occurs after an encounter, nor do they receive experience. I didn't forfeit, and I didn't defeat all the opposing team's pets yet. The battle just, poof, ends.

So far I've only noticed it happening in Krasarang Wilds. Has anyone else had this happen to them lately? What about in other zones?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Draugarögnir
Pet Score:1187
Realm:Blade's Edge-eu

Re: Premature Ending to Battles

Post by Draugarögnir » October 19th, 2012, 6:20 am

What you describe, seems like what happens when a hostile NPC runs into you... Except there is apparently no NPC (otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to write this post).

Unless it's a very low-health NPC and already dead when you realize you're dragged out of the pet battle. There are flies etc. in Krasarang. But then there should be something in your combat log.

Do you have a minion?

Prayforme
Pet Score:3286
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Prayforme » October 19th, 2012, 8:38 am

I've had similar endings to a few battles in different zones. For me it happens on the last wild pet battle (as in first 2 were killed) and then BAM, fight over. No text, no enter/exit battleground sound, just over. I check my pet journal and i'm pretty sure i'm getting the XP for the fight but dunno about the healing. I'm OCD enough that i want my info printed in chat! lol

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » October 19th, 2012, 9:52 am

Draugarögnir wrote:What you describe, seems like what happens when a hostile NPC runs into you... Except there is apparently no NPC (otherwise you wouldn't have bothered to write this post).

Unless it's a very low-health NPC and already dead when you realize you're dragged out of the pet battle. There are flies etc. in Krasarang. But then there should be something in your combat log.

Do you have a minion?
No minion, no mobs around me, no NPCs or players knocking me out of the encounter, just nothing. I'm normally on the islands in Krasarang that are devoid of all life except for critters and a few capturable wild pets. It happens at random and usually when the battle is within one or two rounds of ending.

It's pretty frustrating when I'm trying to level some pets and they lose the health but receive no experience after a prematurely ended battle. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Sesamee
Pet Score:7258
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Sesamee » October 19th, 2012, 12:06 pm

This has happened to me several times. Most often in Deepholm and Valley of the Four Winds. It just happened to me again in Valley except this time I got "not a valid battle pet target" error message. I had killed the first and was about to fight the next pet when this happened.