Easy pet leveling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us
Easy pet leveling

Post by Doobjanka » October 14th, 2012, 1:53 am

Have you found any amazing areas to level certain pets?

The Heartland in Valley of the Four Winds is my area of choice for grinding, and the spiders dominate the area with Brittle Webbing, Leech Life and Poison Spit. Occasionally an aquatic pet will appear with the critters, but poison spit hits them underground if they dive, and it's also great for when the Grasshoppers cocoon.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Angrypets

Re: Easy pet leveling

Post by Angrypets » October 14th, 2012, 8:41 am

I got a solid team to 20 and found a video on Youtube about "power leveling your pets". Skipped over since it wasnt in me to level more pets at that time. I just got my Celestial Dragon and decided to level him. Watching the video really made this worth it .... (dont have a link at this time to the vide itself)

I took my Lil T and my Hatchling (both level 20) to kill some water pets/flying pets as they are strong against them. Here is what i did:

Lead with Level 1 and do anything the first round..... attack, heal ... whatever.
Switch to your stronger pet(s) and let them kill all 3 targets keeping your level 1 in the back row
When they all die your level 1 will get EXP for beig in the fight + bonus for it being a hard fight (in short, ding ding ding)
This is a super fast way to level, i think in like 5 min i was level 10 on my celes. Just make a team of "super strong against X" and go after only those. Works great and is really fast.

Bonus: If your top 2 pets die and your "level 1" (or whatever) gets full EXP for killing all 3 (usually 1,000+ EXP). Even tho you are level 1 (or whatever) you will still do max dmg to a level 25 (or whatever level). Level only seems to push stats like HP and Speed .. etc.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625

Post by Doobjanka » October 14th, 2012, 9:29 am

I took my level 8 Terrible Turnip into the Mount Hyjal master trainer fight and he walked out level 11. Tried repeating it in Deepholm but my two 25's died so he ended up with almost 3000 xp. Level 15 now from those two fights. If you know you can take a master trainer with two pets, bring along a little one for a huge xp boost.
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » October 14th, 2012, 12:33 pm

I found Hellfire Peninsula to be great for mechanicals level 16ish through 20. Nothing but beasts there!

Slambert
Pet Score:2983

Post by Slambert » October 15th, 2012, 1:35 pm

the final pet master (the one with the legendaries) is a joke compared to the other masters, so doing her daily is good XP. I would make sure your pet is at least level 3 before fighting her so you can survive one hit at least. so like everyone else was suggesting, just open up with the low level pet, then solo her with your favorite level 25 (sprite darter gogo!) :)

Outside of the dailies, i like to circle the big tree in hyjal because the pets spawn so quickly and they are very easy pets to kill so I usually go here when leveling a new pet from 1-20.

JuliasKriek

Post by JuliasKriek » October 15th, 2012, 3:26 pm

Leading 1 pet and switch out is also a good old pokemon leveling trick :p

Alloette
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Alloette » October 15th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Best tips that I'm using:

1. Add a low level pet to your team, simply having him appear (not even attacking), then swapping him out for one of your regular team will guarantee him xp (+ difficulty bonus).

2. Always rotate your pets/teams when catching pets. Don't be lazy! If you're in an area with only 12-14's, set your teams accordingly, you'll be killing two birds with one stone!

3. Take a new team to the Veiled Stair. They are level 23-24 pets and there is only ONE! (Yes they do NOT have secondary pets currently! I'm not sure if this is a bug so this may change. Be wary). So you can take relatively low level teams up there and get mad difficulty XP. They are also relatively short fights and if you are looking to gain a couple high level pets fast, this is the place to do it. Bandicoons and Quillrats are critter class.

Feel free to add!

Allo