Need help making a team.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Asuz
Realm:Aggramar-us
Need help making a team.

Post by Asuz » August 19th, 2013, 9:58 pm

I want to use guys that I like, and I think I have the synergy down.

The team at the moment is;

Anubisath Idol with Crush, Sandstorm, and Deflection. This seem to be its best setup, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Giant Bone Spider and Fiendish Imp are two new ones I just got and I hear they work great together. I don't really know the best setup for them though, any advice is appreciated :) :mrgreen:

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Need help making a team.

Post by Azrile » August 20th, 2013, 2:09 am

Do this, and you will win 75% of your matches. Fiendish Imp (333 speed) Bone Spider (280 sepeed) and a HH direhorn with the speed debuff in the third slot

1. Imp - Switch ability
2. Imp - Immoltion
3. Bring in BS
4. BS - poison dot
5. Bs - Life leach dot
6. BS - Switch ability
7. BS - Poison
8. BS - Life Leach
9. BS - Poison
10. Use switch, or dot, or whatever. Just make sure you let your BS die and die again.
11. Imp - Switch
12. Imp Immoltion
13. Bring in Direhorn
14. Direhorn depends on what the enemy team looks like. Use your insta-charge if it will kill the pet. Use the speed debuff if he has 3 pets alive, and use the Stun attack if you are faster than him.
15. Let the direhorn die.
16. Bring in Imp

Couple secrets First, your imp should be in the backline as much as possible with Immolte up. Only use him on front line at beginning of fight, and after another pet dies. that way he always goes first and can use his switch and immolte and get right back to the back line. Second. Don´t be afraid of letting your pets die. A big mistake I see with this team (when I play against it) is the other team tries to save their pets, which just gives away free moves. You will notice with this team expecially, that you will get in a situation where you finally bring in your direhorn, and the other team has 3 pets alive, all with less than 200 hps. Between your direhorns instant attack and your imps fast speed, those 3 pets die before that player even gets to use any of them.

There are exceptions to the above order, but you will have to learn them. One is if the enemy starts with a mechanical (usually turrots). I use the imps 1 button to beat down the mechanical before doing the swap. Remember, your imp is human.. which means if he takes a hit or two at the beginning, he will heal up while your BS is out. The other big exception is sandstorm teams... they will be your biggest weakness because the sandstorm blocks a lot of your dot damage. For those teams, try to keep a switch available to keep his sandstorm pet on the backline as long as possible. If he does get a sandstorm up early, the only thing you can do is try to keep the sandstorm pet up front, and kill it with your direhorn.

This is a very powerful team, but the big secret is to be able to recognize the other team, what they are trying to accomplish and disrupt it as much as possible with switches, and always try to have the 2 bs dots and immolute ticking.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Re: Need help making a team.

Post by Azrile » August 20th, 2013, 2:14 am

Sorry, just noticed. um.. your team idea is terrible because your own sandstorm will make your other pets worthless.

There are other options you can use besides the direhorn I mentioned above. The one I was thinking about was something with a lightning storm and a dot, in fact, just so I could get rid of sandstorms. lol.

Sandstorm teams are good and powerful, but they should be based around big hitting abilities, not dots.