Quiraji Guardling - what breed for PvP?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us
Quiraji Guardling - what breed for PvP?

Post by Maleric » July 5th, 2013, 10:22 pm

What breed are people using of this guy? I like speed to make Blackout Kick eat two of the opponent's turns. But beyond that, both health (humanoid bonus) and attack (bigger hits/better Sandstorm damage reduction) look good and I'm having trouble choosing between 5/15, 8/18, 9/19, and 11/21.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Re: Quiraji Guardling - what breed for PvP?

Post by Tahsfenz » July 5th, 2013, 10:49 pm

I got a speed and a power breed and plan on leveling both. I guess it really depends on how you want to use it. From my limited experience against them, they don't seem very tough, but that could've also been my opponent. Havent done much testing myself though

Maleric
Pet Score:486
Realm:Stormreaver-us

Post by Maleric » July 6th, 2013, 11:26 am

Tahsfenz wrote:I got a speed and a power breed and plan on leveling both. I guess it really depends on how you want to use it. From my limited experience against them, they don't seem very tough, but that could've also been my opponent. Havent done much testing myself though
I'd like to use it with the Crush/Sandstorm/Blackout Kick configuration. Without high speed and Blackout Kick this pet seems like a bad version of Anubisath Idol. But with high speed Blackout Kick is a solid turn advantage move, as it costs one turn to use and eats two of the opponent's turns.

Still debating breed.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » July 6th, 2013, 12:03 pm

If you want blackout kick, go s/s

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » July 8th, 2013, 9:51 am

Tahsfenz wrote:If you want blackout kick, go s/s

I second this, if you are going to use blackout kick then S/S is a must. If you are not going to use blackout kick then P/P would be the breed of choice.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."