Seriously when are they going to NERF direhorns!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us
Re: Seriously when are they going to NERF direhorns!!

Post by Poofah » July 5th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Ghostrunz wrote:Complaining about 3 Direhorn teams is like complaining about getting owned in a BG when you have no pvp gear. There are far too many pet team combinations that completely own Direhorn teams for me to try to list.
This is kind of irrelevant. It doesn't matter if 3xMoth or 3xMech completely owns a 3xDirehorn team, because those teams are bad against most of the rest of the teams out there. Silver Dragonhawk Hatchling owned 3xFFF, but FFF was still overpowered. I played some 3xDirehorn last week, and I never had a problem with a single flyer or mech: the only opponents who beat me either had multiple counters, or multiple UD in addition to a counter. When the teams that can beat X are so narrowly focused, and when people are actually playing those narrow teams, it means that X is warping the metagame and is too strong.

Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us

Post by Reapersbeast » July 15th, 2013, 5:50 pm

I heard a few people on this thread say things like They are so easy to beat(lmao), and the best way to "learn(lol)" to beat them is to play them(lol)! I laugh at both those comments because I can see exactly how well something plays by facing them Just as much as by playing them! So this week I finally decided to play the OP Direhorn team for a solid 20 games straight no breaks and taking note and I am even More convinced how OP they truly are now!

I went 18-2, and Both games I lost They had 1 direhorn, Idol, and a undead on it! And even more importantly I Missed more often then they did Both games!! I think I fought that team one other time and I won, and misses were the same(I missed 3 times the whole fight he missed 4, so close enough no "Key misses")! I think it was the same team anyway, but pets weren't named so idk for sure.

So I have to say Direhorns are Completely OP! They either need to lower their damage a bit or fix that so called 50% hit chance on their stun ability! While I'm on the subject of Hit% Anubisath Idol hits A Lot more then their stated abilities as well 50% and 80% both lowered another 10% by sandstorm and I barely beat a team that had one of them on it because he hit me Every attack that game(6 times)! Thankfully I only missed twice the whole fight(they were both against him though :{, that's what made it so close)!
Last edited by Reapersbeast on July 15th, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yamum
Pet Score:4177
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by Yamum » July 15th, 2013, 6:20 pm

How to test if a pet is OP:

1) Make a team consisting of 3 of the same pet.
2) Find the average win rate for the team after x number of games. I'm guessing you should be able to cheese about a 1/3 win rate.
3) Compare that to the average for all other triple-pet teams.
4) If your team's win rate is way above average then you have an OP pet.

I decided to try a triple Direhorn team about for laugh. Currently sitting on 11/16 wins. No cherry-picking. I don't think many triple-pet team would come close to that.

Anyone care to test triple Anubisath Idol? Kun-Lai Runt? S/S Fiendish Imps? Magical Crawdad?

Don't worry though, Blizzard will nerf it to the point of complete uselessness. This is how they operate. They release something desirable, people spend a lot of their play time chasing after it and then it finally gets nerfed. As someone who's played a Paladin since vanilla, I would know.

Reapersbeast
Top Rater
Pet Score:3171
Realm:Anub'arak-us

Post by Reapersbeast » July 15th, 2013, 10:33 pm

@Yamum:

Of course that's what WoW is all about! Blizzard makes their Hundreds of Millions a Month by forcing us to waste time on sh*t that doesn't last! It's sad and pathetic, but we've all had to come to terms with that if we want to continue to play(I personally can't wait until a true gamer strikes it rich and creates a game for the FUN of gaming, not as a money making scheme!!)!!

As a fellow Vanilla player I too hate how one expansion will have a certain class completely op, but then the next they're completely worthless!! Well unless your a mage or hunter, they have raped face since the dawn of time, while my 8 year old Boomkin has Never had a "great" expansion....wonder why that is(rhetorical question!)! I'm just glad I have alot of fun outside of raids with my Boomkin or I would have quit WoW, for good, YEARS ago!! Only reason I even gave W.o.W. a chance was because the concept sounded amazing, and I loved Diablo for about 7 or 8 years before WoW's release, Back when Gaming was about Gaming, not money making!!!