Best Place to level your Level 1's

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Purpleurza
Pet Score:4237
Realm:Darksorrow-eu
Best Place to level your Level 1's

Post by Purpleurza » June 28th, 2013, 9:39 am

Hi All,

Looking for some suggestions on best place to do the initial boost for a Level 1 to ensure they can survive some of the other battles when being boosted.

Would just like somewhere I can go with some high levels and boost up a load of level 1's in one go.

If anybody can suggest a good place please let me know.

Kring
Pet Score:6755
BattleTag®:scrufola#2941
Realm:Kargath-eu

Re: Best Place to level your Level 1's

Post by Kring » June 28th, 2013, 10:05 am

I've parked an alt I don't play in front of Trixxi and log in everyday to quickly boost two level 1 to 6 with my Zeppelin.

Alternatively fight aquatic pets which spend their first turn for some preparation most of the time.

Cparle87
Pet Score:11736
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Cparle87 » June 28th, 2013, 10:27 am

Veiled Stair without a doubt. Begin with Mr. Bigglesworth or any pet with a double blocking move like Ice Barrier, Decoy, Beaver Dam, etc. Apply Ice Barrier, Decoy, etc. Switch in lowbie for one turn. Then switch in Feline Familiar. Apply Stone Skin and go to town. Finish off your foes with Devour and you'll end the fight with full health. Rinse and repeat. Nothing but critters in the Veiled Stair. You can get a 1 to 25 in 30-45 minutes once you got the groove down.

Jorrn
Pet Score:8994
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Jorrn » June 28th, 2013, 10:30 am

Purple, every once in a while I'll take one of my bank alts and run around the lake in northern Stormwind. With a safari hat, each win is worth 55 points - that's good enough to get a pet to lvl 2.

I've also had an alt parked in Feralas (pet levels 11-12) hoping that I'll find a rare Stunted Yeti in those caves. A couple of battles in, a lvl 2 pet becomes a lvl 5-6 pet. A lvl 5 pet will survive OK pretty much anyplace in the wild.

It's not the one-stop shopping you're probably hoping for, but I'd rather string it out a bit than have to rez a bunch of lvl 1 corpses. YMMV, of course.

Jorrn
Pet Score:8994
Realm:Blackhand-us

Post by Jorrn » June 28th, 2013, 10:32 am

Cparle87 wrote:Veiled Stair without a doubt. Begin with Mr. Bigglesworth or any pet with a double blocking move like Ice Barrier, Decoy, Beaver Dam, etc. Apply Ice Barrier, Decoy, etc. Switch in lowbie for one turn. Then switch in Feline Familiar. Apply Stone Skin and go to town. Finish off your foes with Devour and you'll end the fight with full health. Rinse and repeat. Nothing but critters in the Veiled Stair. You can get a 1 to 25 in 30-45 minutes once you got the groove down.
I was thinking along these lines as I was posting.

Would a stun/sleep attack work the same way? That is, stun the enemy, swap in your lowbie while the opponent is out of it, then swap him right back out?

Syrrie
MVP
Pet Score:6201
BattleTag®:Syrrie#1506
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Syrrie » June 28th, 2013, 11:23 am

Jorrn wrote:
Cparle87 wrote:Veiled Stair without a doubt. Begin with Mr. Bigglesworth or any pet with a double blocking move like Ice Barrier, Decoy, Beaver Dam, etc. Apply Ice Barrier, Decoy, etc. Switch in lowbie for one turn. Then switch in Feline Familiar. Apply Stone Skin and go to town. Finish off your foes with Devour and you'll end the fight with full health. Rinse and repeat. Nothing but critters in the Veiled Stair. You can get a 1 to 25 in 30-45 minutes once you got the groove down.
I was thinking along these lines as I was posting.

Would a stun/sleep attack work the same way? That is, stun the enemy, swap in your lowbie while the opponent is out of it, then swap him right back out?
The packs in the Veiled Stair are all critters so that would only interrupt their current turn.
Image Image

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » June 28th, 2013, 11:33 am

I take my Anuibsath Idol and Jade Owl and Level 1 to Aki the Chosen.

Round 1 Anub casts Sandstorm
Round 2, Switch in Level 1 pet, takes no damage from the cricket stampede because of Sandstorm
Round 3, Switch in Anub, finish off Cricket then the Dragon and do what you can to the otter
Round X, switch in Jade Owl, finish off Otter, admire your new level 10 pet. :)

I try and level a Level 1 pet on Aki every day if I can.

Dazer
Pet Score:10104
BattleTag®:Dazer#2240
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Dazer » June 28th, 2013, 11:35 am

The 'best' place depends a lot on what you're looking for:

If you need many beast stones, I'd consider the ones by Gorespine.
If you need a place close to the main city, Veiled Stair is the place.
If you want the highest experiencie versus time invested ratio, tamers are likely the best (you can carry a lvl 1 on many of them).
If you want the same xp/time maxima but on wild battles, then the arcane eyes around karazhan are likely the best. Teams of 3 pets have a x2.5 multiplier on the experience, or 2.5/3=0.83 per pet; teams of one or two get a x1 experience per pet. Arcane eyes are the highest level pet with a x1 per pet.

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by GilroyKilroy » June 28th, 2013, 11:42 am

You can level a level 1 pet anywhere there is no damage to your back line pets. Simply use a level 25 first until it dies (sometimes you have to Pass turns on the last pet until it does; swap in the level 1 then immediately swap it out (it will take no damage) for a second level 25.

Thus only a few of the Pandarian trainers/pets are an issue. Once a pet is around level 3 it can usually deal with some random back line damage. A level 6 or so can usually take a hit if you swap it in before the first pet dies.

One tamer fight, buffed with hat/food, will take a level 1 immediately to level 11 or 12 (depending which food buff(s) used.)

Guyzeur
Pet Score:6310
Realm:Mannoroth-us

Post by Guyzeur » June 28th, 2013, 12:01 pm

Crystalsong forest and fight squirrels:

Put your level 1 pet in battle right away teamed with a Feline/Cat or a Emperor Crab. Very often Squirrel will start with a buff (Adrenaline Rush).
Last edited by Guyzeur on July 2nd, 2013, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ravnhawk
MVP
Pet Score:6534
BattleTag®:ravnhawk#1272
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Ravnhawk » June 28th, 2013, 12:19 pm

I take all my level 1s to the area by Halfhill - the fabled Pet Luck Yi. The marsh Fiddlers 99% of the time heal them self the first move or cast a non attack spell. That gets my pets (with Safari Hat) to level 5 or 6. If I also use a pet Biscuit the 25% pet xp boost. I usually end up at lvl 7 sometimes lvl 8.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 28th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Ravnhawk wrote:I take all my level 1s to the area by Halfhill - the fabled Pet Luck Yi. The marsh Fiddlers 99% of the time heal them self the first move or cast a non attack spell. That gets my pets (with Safari Hat) to level 5 or 6. If I also use a pet Biscuit the 25% pet xp boost. I usually end up at lvl 7 sometimes lvl 8.
This is what I did for almost all of my lvl 1s... one fight for every one of them and they're now buff enough to take other places without having to use a decoy pet. Occasionally one will kick your pet, but depending on the breed of the pet it may not even always kill it. Heh, and man did I finish my need for critter stones fast... that area is also great for leveling very low lvl alts with pet battles, so long as you stay away from the virmen area there's nothing to threaten a lowly 43rd lvl.

Beesknees
Pet Score:6328
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Beesknees » June 28th, 2013, 2:04 pm

Hinterlands Seradane. No mobs, no big mean dragons to hit you, take your lunch money and kick your books in the dirt. Nothing but sweet level 11 and 12 critters- little cute bunnies and squirrels and marmots.
At that level there are teams of 2. Easy peasey.

Ujavi
Top Rater
Pet Score:3247
BattleTag®:Ujavi#1801
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Ujavi » June 28th, 2013, 3:52 pm

Ishildur wrote:
Ravnhawk wrote:I take all my level 1s to the area by Halfhill - the fabled Pet Luck Yi. The marsh Fiddlers 99% of the time heal them self the first move or cast a non attack spell. .
This is what I did for almost all of my lvl 1s... that area is also great for leveling very low lvl alts with pet battles, so long as you stay away from the virmen area there's nothing to threaten a lowly 43rd lvl.
I do this, too. The other great thing is that you can only get two types of pets in this zones: everything is critter or aquatic (even secondaries). So take a beast and a flyer (or whatever works, I use Chrominius and Brilliant Kaliri) with your level 1, and you'll never be surprised by a type you weren't expecting.

Qumaira
Pet Score:9997
Realm:Khaz'goroth-eu

Post by Qumaira » June 29th, 2013, 9:31 am

Sorry if I sound dumb now, but how do you get this to work?

If I try this it's allways like this:
put up decoy -> enemy pet attacks (decoy down by one) -> switch pet -> enemy pet attacks (decoy is destroyed) -> at this point the level one pet would still need to attack one time to be able to get exp. but this would kill it, 'cause the enemy pet would of course attack again...

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » June 29th, 2013, 1:03 pm

I hit Krasarang. Either at the Incursion (alliance) for easy stable access, or that place with the bound water spirit since there's no mobs and a nice circle of 5 or 6 jungle grubs around the pool so you can just keep circling as long as you like with the chance of beast stones. One fight gets the pet to 5 or 6.

The only issue is if the grub starts with goo so you can't swap the pet out after the first round. I just flee and restart the fight.

I usually bump them to 10 (5 or 6 fights total), then use the tamers for the rest of the way to 25.

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » June 29th, 2013, 4:11 pm

There are enough Tamers to let you safely level up even lvl 1 pets. I only do the MoP-Tamers, and only about every second or third day now, but Nishi, Hyuna, Yon, Aki, the Earth Elemental and Zushi are killable by 2 pets and cant kill a lvl 1 (if you switch them in the right moment).

Depending on your buffs they are instantly lvl 11, 12 or 13. They can now survive the rest of the tamers, maybe except for Moruk (depending on luck, or I couldn't find his special weakness till today) and the Water Elemental (where you need about 1000-1500 life depending on the striders skill choice).

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » June 29th, 2013, 5:26 pm

Qumaira wrote:
Sorry if I sound dumb now, but how do you get this to work?

If I try this it's allways like this:
put up decoy -> enemy pet attacks (decoy down by one) -> switch pet -> enemy pet attacks (decoy is destroyed) -> at this point the level one pet would still need to attack one time to be able to get exp. but this would kill it, 'cause the enemy pet would of course attack again...
It only needs to be in play for one turn. You can switch in, then next turn switch out and it counts as participating.
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Reven
Pet Score:3451
BattleTag®:Exil#2507
Realm:Wildhammer-eu

Post by Reven » June 30th, 2013, 6:50 pm

I power level pets with the use of a Zandalari Kneebiter in Valley of the Four Winds and Veiled Stair.The pets in the area are predominantly critters with some aquatics mixed in when you fight in the Vale. You can have any other pet as a backup in case Bloodfang misses.

Bite, Screech, and Bloodfang make quick work of most pets. Some pets use Screech as well, so having that ability in the second slot helps, but a S/S raptor might not need it. Also, Farmer Nishi is pretty close. so you might as well get her out of the way.

As an added benefit you'll have a good chance of getting critter upgrade stones.

Cat666
Pet Score:7533
Realm:Saurfang-eu

Post by Cat666 » July 1st, 2013, 4:42 am

Veiled Stair is OK but the wild pets attack on the first turn almost everytime so unless you can block it, you spend more time ressurecting them.

The best place to level is the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, in the pools outside Mogushun Palace between the 2 shrines. You need a level 25 flying pet, or pet with flying moves. I use a Pterodax Hatchling for the heal.

The vast majority of the wild pets here are aquatic, and the first pet of the team will always be aquatic. To make things even better 9/10 times the first pet will only cast a heal on itself, or buff itself up, leaving your level 1 pet free to make whatever move you like. Then swap to the Pterodax Hatchling for DPS. I use Slicing Wind as standard, Ancient Blessing when I need a heal, and Lift Off if I know theres so big damage, or a blocked attack coming up. At the end of the fight, your carry pet will level 6 and ready to be power levelled through dailies.

You will sometimes get a flying pet as an addition to the fight. I just use the Pterodax Hatchling still as it isn't worth losing the XP for 3 pets used. You can stay for ages with Ancient Blessing, but your shrine has a Stable Master for heals if need be literally 5 seconds flight away.