Fiendish Imp - S/S vs. P/S

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us
Fiendish Imp - S/S vs. P/S

Post by Tahsfenz » June 24th, 2013, 9:34 pm

In PvP (or PvE for that matter) is there any situation where the P/S would be more useful than S/S? Reason I ask is I have a level 25 P/S and not sure if I should keep it or trade it. I just aquired an S/S which I plan on leveling.

Tuatha
Top Rater
Pet Score:3297
BattleTag®:tuatha#1660
Realm:Uther-us

Re: Fiendish Imp - S/S vs. P/S

Post by Tuatha » June 25th, 2013, 12:29 am

That sort of depends on your bg's meta. S/S is bbetter if you see a lot of other fiendish imps or other switchers, high speed teams like phoenix hatchlings on conflag teams, or p/p kun lai runts. P/S is better if you see a lot of mechanicals as a result of the direhorn population. I run a s/s and I think my bg's meta would destroy a p/s. Ymmv.

Nivrax
Pet Score:2635
Realm:Defias Brotherhood-eu

Post by Nivrax » June 25th, 2013, 4:36 am

333 speed breaks so many 325 pets it's not even funny, I don't think extra 10% damage would ever outweigh it unless people stop using speed breeds altogether (and P/S gets to be eaten alive even by Basilisk).

Khayah
Pet Score:2454
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Khayah » June 25th, 2013, 4:59 am

Advantage of p/s is, that the humanoid racial continues to heal during Sandstorm in contrast to s/s but unless you are annoyed by anub idol, i strongly recommend s/s.

Teacake
Pet Score:2717
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Teacake » June 25th, 2013, 7:48 am

I would not trade my S/S imp for all the direhorns in Azeroth. For the teams I use him on and the way I play him, there is just nothing more important than going first.

That said, lots of people like their P/S as well; it's just a matter of how you play him and what your priorities are. I'd hold onto your P/S until you've leveled the S/S, and try out both for a while before deciding. And you may end up keeping both. I keep multiple breeds of a few pets for use in different situations.

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 25th, 2013, 9:14 pm

I leveled my S/S to 25 today. Wanted to pair it with an S/S Molten Hatchling so I went and got one of them. Did some PvP with my regular team to get the weekly done and I got a beast stone out of it to upgrade my hatchling.

Now I have to level that and find a third to pair with it.

3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by 3wd » June 26th, 2013, 3:52 pm

333 speed is the no. 1 most important priority for this pet.

Especially when you are facing a 325 crow, 325 broom, and the 325 human with kick.

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » June 28th, 2013, 7:39 pm

can someone explain my blizzard was so retarded to let a noss drop the same pet with different stats :?:

Khayah
Pet Score:2454
Realm:Aegwynn-eu

Post by Khayah » June 29th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Maybe you just misspelled "boss" as I cannot find a translation for noss, but different breeds are that common, it cannot be any surprise to you. It is just a matter of variety, and the 289er imp is viable as well it just has different advantages than the fastest one.

I don't know what effort it took to find another point to complain about, either but somehow you can buy pets in your desired breed in the auction house or farm them by yourself. Although this is a discussion about the imp itself, you don't have to complain about everything more general concerning accuracy, breeds, drop chance etc.