Pet Battles for XP

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Robsolo
Pet Battles for XP

Post by Robsolo » June 13th, 2013, 9:30 pm

I know this question may be moot with the current xp nerf. Maybe it's a stupid question anyway.

But, I was wondering, would it be possible to bring a low level alt to Pandaria and then do pet battles? Do pet battles give you more xp the higher the level of pet you're fighting? (So fighting lvl 25 pets would give you more xp?) In which case you could speed level your alt while you level your pets.

Of course, you'd have to get your alt somewhere there are pets to battle and no mobs around to kill you....but maybe it would be worth it if you could find such a place.

Thoughts? Or is it just wishful thinking?

Autonomic
Pet Score:7356
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Re: Pet Battles for XP

Post by Autonomic » June 13th, 2013, 10:00 pm

I took my level 15 Druid with three pieces of heirloom gear out to Pandaria and was getting about 9% xp on every pet battle. So leveling after every 11th or 12th battle just about. Not sure what you normally get out in whatever zone your character level is currently at.

Robsolo

Post by Robsolo » June 13th, 2013, 10:44 pm

I haven't tried it at all yet. I only thought of it reading through the forums now.

Maybe someone else can give their experiences?

Also, how did you get your alt out to Pandaria in the first place?

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » June 13th, 2013, 11:09 pm

I leveled my pet almost exclusively through pet battles. The higher level pet, the quicker the XP comes. I finished my priest after 5.3 and the last level went by pretty quick. Maybe 1% per win? It was definitely much more fun than questing.

Autonomic
Pet Score:7356
Realm:Blackwater Raiders-us

Post by Autonomic » June 14th, 2013, 12:01 am

Robsolo wrote:Also, how did you get your alt out to Pandaria in the first place?
Just found a Mage to make a portal for me to seven stars.

Ishildur
Pet Score:4812
Realm:Uldum-us

Post by Ishildur » June 14th, 2013, 4:55 am

Could absolutely be done, the xp seems to scale somewhat. I mean you won't get 168k per battle as you would at 89th lvl, but fighting a high lvl team gives nicer xp and if you have heirlooms it could be quite a lot of xp. The safest place is probably the heartlands in valley of four winds - there's not a lot of mobs around if you know where to avoid, nearby town and many pets to fight. Getting there can be an issue, unless you have a friend with a passenger flyer. That or just outside of your faction HQ in vale of eternal blossoms around the lakes. Though that may change quite a bit in the next patch.

That's actually a really good idea, once the character xp bug is fixed I think I'll try this. Thank you very much for this idea, I hadn't considered this and it seems like a fun 'challenge' in alt leveling. I'll have to make an alt for this to complement my gathering only for xp alt.