Pet Tamer Quests and Info

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adamsavage
Pet Score:893
Realm:Anvilmar-us
Re: Pet Tamer Quests and Info

Post by Adamsavage » December 16th, 2012, 1:38 pm

This is the line up I used to defeat Major Pain.

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » December 27th, 2012, 10:07 am

If you need information about all Tamers and their Pets you can check the info i've gathered:

http://petsear.ch/Breeds/TamerPets
http://petsear.ch/Abilities/TamerPets

It shows you exactly at what level the pets are, what abilities they use, what type of pets they are, even what breeds they use :-)

Darky28
Top Rater
Pet Score:3929
BattleTag®:Darky#1885
Realm:Dragonmaw-us

Post by Darky28 » December 27th, 2012, 10:10 am

Tip for Major Payne... he is hella easy with the right setup:

Lil Ragnaros
Fluxfire Feline
Aqua Strider

Rag -> drop the magma trap and Sons of Flame = dead Mechanopeep
Fluxfire -> 1 shot bear
Aqua Strider -> 1-2 shot the Flower with pump

often i have even 2 pets alive while Major Payne has none

Morindari
Top Rater
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Morindari » January 1st, 2013, 4:46 pm

I'm sorry if this topic is redundant, but I'm still confused about the dailies. I completed the Kalimdor dailies, each master and then the grand master just fine. But when I go to Eastern Kingdoms no dailies are offered at each master/grandmaster. Should those be available? i did complete that quest chain, and was then offered the Outland chain.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » January 1st, 2013, 6:26 pm

Morindari wrote:I'm sorry if this topic is redundant, but I'm still confused about the dailies. I completed the Kalimdor dailies, each master and then the grand master just fine. But when I go to Eastern Kingdoms no dailies are offered at each master/grandmaster. Should those be available? i did complete that quest chain, and was then offered the Outland chain.
After defeating the Grand Master in Deadwind Pass, yes, the Eastern Kingdoms daily quests should unlock and become available for you.

Did you complete the Eastern Kingdom quest chain on an alliance or horde character? The EK quests are meant for alliance toons, so it might have bugged out if you completed the initial chain on horde. If you haven't already, try using an alliance character to do the EK quests/dailies.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Morindari
Top Rater
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Morindari » January 3rd, 2013, 12:11 pm

Quintessence wrote:After defeating the Grand Master in Deadwind Pass, yes, the Eastern Kingdoms daily quests should unlock and become available for you.

Did you complete the Eastern Kingdom quest chain on an alliance or horde character? The EK quests are meant for alliance toons, so it might have bugged out if you completed the initial chain on horde. If you haven't already, try using an alliance character to do the EK quests/dailies.
yes all initial pet quest were completed on my horde main. i was given quests to defeat masters and grandmasters on both Kal & EK. when i went back the next day with the same toon the Kal quests were all offered by the trainer, but the EK were not. when i flew to EK the grandmaster offered me an on site daily, but the reg masters did not.

edit: the EK grandmaster near Kara offered her daily to my horde main again today.

Breehit
Pet Score:2996
Realm:Galakrond-us

Post by Breehit » January 4th, 2013, 2:32 pm

I seem to keep getting every quest chain twice..two EK, two Kalimdor, two Outland etc. Maybe this is due to having both an Alliance and Horde toon? It really fills up my quest log, but at least I can get xp for the pets this way.

Oriaria
Pet Score:1259
Realm:Antonidas-us

Post by Oriaria » January 11th, 2013, 11:40 pm

I'm having a problem. I have defeated 5 master tamers in Kalimdor (Zunta, Dagra the Fierce,Analynn, Zonya the Sadist, and Merda Stronghoof). After beating Merda I did not get the next quest. Now I cannot challenge any tamers. I have went to Traitor Gluk and Cassandra Kaboom and neither will give me the option. Been back to Merda and still nothing. Even went back to Varzok and nothing.

Is there something I am missing or doing wrong? I really want to finish the quests for the dailies and for the achievement. Any help is appreciated.

Alexsertu

Post by Alexsertu » January 24th, 2013, 5:29 am

Thank you very much for the info. I have been looking for this info for the last few days. Your efforts are appreciated.

Tandav81
Pet Score:731
Realm:Vek'nilash-eu

Post by Tandav81 » January 28th, 2013, 5:17 am

Hi, i'm new in wow, and i have to say i m a bit lost with the tamers and quests.
i started to play the game, and level up my character and my pets, by doing first the training.
i m Draenei, and i started in Kalimdor, once i completed the first quest, i've been asked to go to a pet trainer in Eastern Kingdoms... i was then at level 20 on my character.
as i couldn't go there at the beginning i putted it on the side, but now i m level 65, i m in Eastern Kingdoms, and i can't find the quests for battle pets...
i don't know if it was clear, but i would really appreciate some help.
thanks
Last edited by Tandav81 on February 5th, 2013, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverz
MVP
Pet Score:13866
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us

Post by Silverz » January 29th, 2013, 10:32 am

Hi there,

I've defeated every trainer, and do the master trainers daily for a chance at Porcupette...no luck yet :(

My question is this: I get a daily quest from the Orgrimar trainer on my horde toon to defeat 5 trainers (Zunta, Dagra the Fierce,Analynn, Zonya the Sadist, and Merda Stronghoof) and this rewards a bag of pet supplies. However, on my Alliance toon, I do not get a similar quest for an extra chance at the bag of supplies. Any idea why I get the quest on one and not the other?

Caelene
Pet Score:2614
Realm:Borean Tundra-us

Post by Caelene » February 5th, 2013, 1:26 pm

Silverz wrote:Hi there,

I've defeated every trainer, and do the master trainers daily for a chance at Porcupette...no luck yet :(

My question is this: I get a daily quest from the Orgrimar trainer on my horde toon to defeat 5 trainers (Zunta, Dagra the Fierce,Analynn, Zonya the Sadist, and Merda Stronghoof) and this rewards a bag of pet supplies. However, on my Alliance toon, I do not get a similar quest for an extra chance at the bag of supplies. Any idea why I get the quest on one and not the other?
I get this quest Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor everyday, but it's not actually a daily quest, because the quest icon above Varzok is actually yellow and not blue. I believe this is some kind of bug, and will probably be addressed by Blizzard in an upcoming patch.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 8th, 2013, 11:17 pm

The addon I use is Battle Pet Daily Tamer. It marks the dailies that reward the bag by default, but you can also set it to show the normal dailies as well. Great mod to have! :)
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ilthisper
Pet Score:343
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Ilthisper » February 9th, 2013, 7:36 pm

Quintessence, thanks for the tip on this addon. It will be helpful once I get further into the pet battles.

Emerald01
Pet Score:3288
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Emerald01 » February 25th, 2013, 3:10 pm

I have been through all the quest chains and defeated all the Masters, including the Spirit Tamers. I am one Master short of the achievement "Taming the World". Anyone know what tamer I might have missed along the way? When I look at the list from the beginning of this thread, there are over 40 tamers listed, but I apparently have only defeated 39. I have no idea who to go after or who I missed.

Thanks.
Em

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » February 25th, 2013, 4:39 pm

Emerald01 wrote:I have been through all the quest chains and defeated all the Masters, including the Spirit Tamers. I am one Master short of the achievement "Taming the World". Anyone know what tamer I might have missed along the way? When I look at the list from the beginning of this thread, there are over 40 tamers listed, but I apparently have only defeated 39. I have no idea who to go after or who I missed.
Make sure you've done the opposite faction tamers as well.
ImageImage

Emerald01
Pet Score:3288
Realm:Turalyon-us

Post by Emerald01 » February 26th, 2013, 10:35 am

Ah, good point! I keep forgetting that there is another side. LOL Will have to do something about that today. Thank you!

Rmtagg
Pet Score:7569
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rmtagg » March 12th, 2013, 1:56 pm

I wish I had seen this info when I first started. I had bells palsy and could hardly see so I think I deleted the starting quest for this. I now have pets at level 25 now so how can I get this quest again so I can battle trainers?

Ryazan
MVP
Pet Score:13560
Realm:Ragnaros-eu

Post by Ryazan » March 17th, 2013, 6:04 am

I've found a working setup for Payne to carry a lvl 13ish pet past him: Infinite Whelp (P/P) + Flayer Youngling (S/S).

I have been testing the setup for few days now and I found the trick which might help beating Payne with different setups too. Might be old info but Grizzle doesn't use the stun at all during his "cycle" if his health is too low. When he wakes from Hibernate, he goes for Rampage and granting if his hp is low enough, he will directly Hibernate next instead of stunning. I don't know the exact breaking point for this but it's around 1300-1400 hp.

Problem however comes with the first cycle of Grizzle's abilities. Infinite Whelp can start but it will create some shaky results since there can be difficulties bringing Grizzle low enough for 2nd cycle or the whelp will get too low hp. So the solution I use is to start with the carry pet and soak both Rampage and Bash from the initial cycle. It helps if the pet has some avoidance/damage reduction skill to survive Rampage hits. After that, the bear wrecking can begin!

So after the lowbie has survived the first cycle, last Grizzle's ability has either been 3rd Rampage hit or Bash and it's time to swap the Infinite Whelp in. Then I use the following:
  • - Early Advantage (don't bother if Grizzle isn't nearly at full HP, otherwise you'll just waste the second hit)
    - Tail Sweep
    - Tail Sweep
    - Tail Sweep
    - Healing Flame (after the second Rampage hit)
    - Tail Sweep
    - Tail Sweep
    - Tail Sweep (killing hit on Grizzle)
Now the Beakmaster will swap in and the whelp should be around 600-700ish hp left. Unless you are RNG'd hard by Shock and Awe, you can always drop Early Advantage and bring his hp to 400ish. Depending your luck, in the best case scenario, you can also drop in another Healing Flame and a Tail Sweep. Anyhow, after your whelp dies, wrap the battle with Flayer.

I know this setup isn't flawless but it works for me as I just wanted to find an option for the b o r i n g Molten Hatchling way. Missing a Tail Sweep doesn't always bring the house of cards down but missing Early Advantage due to rng stun from Shock and Awe on Beak will.
- Taking your candles since 2005