Pet Tamer Quests and Info

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Rmtagg
Pet Score:7569
Realm:Ysera-us
Re: Pet Tamer Quests and Info

Post by Rmtagg » March 20th, 2013, 7:00 pm

Thanks so much for the info about the addon. I was lost about what or where to go next and this is an easy and very helpful addon!

Rmtagg
Pet Score:7569
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Rmtagg » March 20th, 2013, 9:24 pm

I am not sure what I have done wrong except I did not battle the fist blood night elf because it said it would mark me PVP. Now I cant figure out how to battle the tamers in Tamers in Northrend. Any help, please? Thanks I deleted the quest to fight the blood elf so I have messed up my chances for battling the tamers in other areas?

Edit: Ok, so fighting the Elf does not mark you PVP as someone had told me.

Luc80

Post by Luc80 » September 9th, 2013, 11:00 am

awesome thank you

Undeadgoat
Pet Score:2089
BattleTag®:undeadgoat#1254
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Undeadgoat » September 23rd, 2013, 9:02 pm

A 5.4 change that I don't see reflected here yet is that the "misplaced critters" on the Spirit Tamers are now the "expected" type--Sludgy is Magic, Dusty is Flying, and that strider is now Aquatic. So my teams are not all "Snake + Snail + something else" any more . . . Fortunately I've got plenty of dragons and moths.

Philipgibson

Re: Tamer Quests and Info

Post by Philipgibson » November 14th, 2013, 12:30 pm

Quintessence wrote:Battle Pet Trainers: Pandaria
==========================
All of the following trainers have Epic quality pets. Defeating all of them (and turning in the quest) will get you a reward of gold and a Sack of Pet Supplies. Each time you defeat one of them, you will get the Pet Recovery debuff, which will not allow you to battle any other Grand Master (or Zen Master) Pet Tamers until the 5 min. duration wears off (or you die).

Jade Forest
---------------
Hyuna of the Shrines <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet Level: 25
Pet 1: Fangor (Snake?, Health 1500/Power 280/Speed 350, Hiss, Vicious Fang, Burrow)
Pet 2: Skyshaper (Shrine Fly, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 623, Confusing Sting, Slicing Wind, Glowing Toxin)
Pet 3: Dor the Wall (Turtle?, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Shell Shield, Headbutt, Healing Wave)
*Unique Skin: uses the skin.

Valley of the Four Winds
-----------------------------
Farmer Nishi <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Location: Fork in the main path that's SE of the "D" in "THE HEARTLAND"
Pet 1: Toothbreaker (Terrible Turnip, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Leech Seed, Inspiring Song, Sons of the Root)
Pet 2: Siren (Singing Sunflower, Health 1657/Power 311/Speed 280, Photosynthesis, Sunlight, Solar Beam)
Pet 3: Brood of Mothran (Silkworm?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Consume, Acidic Goo, Burrow)

Krasarang Wilds
--------------------
Mo'ruk <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Location: Lounges at the beach camp on W side of the island W of the Silty Shallows.
Pet 1: Lightstalker (Moth?, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 623, Alpha Strike, Moth Balls, Moth Dust)
Pet 2: Woodcarver (Grub?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Consume, Acidic Goo, Burrow)
Pet 3: Needleback (Tortoise?, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Headbutt, Grasp, Powerball)
*Unique Skin: ? uses the ? skin.

Kun-Lai Summit
--------------------
Courageous Yon <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Piqua* (Chicken?, Health 1832/Power 315/Speed 693, Squawk, Lift-Off, Flock)
Pet 2: Lapin (Tolai Hare, Health 1832/Power 315/Speed 346, Flurry, Adrenaline Rush, Burrow)
Pet 3: Bleat (Summit Kid, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 311, Chew, Bleat, Stampede)
Note: No way to tell currently what kind of chicken Piqua is or if it's a normal Chicken.
*Unique Skin: Piqua uses the Bush Chicken model and skin.

Townlong Steppes
----------------------
Seeker Zusshi <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Mollus (Snail?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Absorb, Acidic Goo, Dive)
Pet 2: Diamond (Ice Chip, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Frost Shock, Frost Nova, Howling Blast)
Pet 3: Skimmer (Aqua Strider, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Soothe, Cleansing Rain, Pump)

Dread Wastes
-----------------
Wastewalker Shu <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Pounder (Grinder, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Sandstorm, Rupture, Quake)
Pet 2: Crusher (Crab?, Health 1657/Power 311/Speed 280, Surge, Renewing Mists, Whirlpool)
Pet 3: Mutilator (Hedgehog?, Health 1500/Power 350/Speed 280, Spiked Skin, Counterstrike, Powerball)
Note: No way to tell currently if Mutilator is a Silent Hedgehog or a Clouded Hedgehog.

Defeating all the Pandaria Grand Masters and turning in the quest will give you the quest for the Zen Master.

Pandaria Zen Master
==================

Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Aki the Chosen <Zen Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Stormlash* (Dragonling?, Health 1769/Power 334/Speed 300, Call Lightning, Tail Sweep, Roar)
Pet 2: Chirrup (Cricket?, Health 1600/Power 300/Speed 375, Swarm, Nature's Touch, Inspiring Song)
Pet 3: Whiskers (Golden Civit, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Surge, Survival, Dive)
Note: All pets are Elite. (Don't know if this means anything.) All pets are also Legendary Rarity.
*Unique Skin: Stormlash's skin also is covered in lightning.

Defeating the Zen Master will get you a reward of gold and a Sack of Pet Supplies. It will also open daily quests for Pandaria.

• ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Pandaren Spirit Tamers
==================
The prerequisite for the Spirit Tamer quest is beating Aki the Chosen. To start the quest to battle each Pandaren Spirit Tamer, speak with the Pet Battle Trainer at Shrine of Two Moons (horde) or Shrine of Seven Stars (alliance) in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Thundering Pandaren Spirit (earth)
Location: North of Mogu'shan Palace, in the hills (Coords: 67.33 14.82)
Pet Level: Legendary 25
Pet 1: Pandaren Earth Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1769/Power 334/Speed 300, Rupture, Crystal Prison, Stone Shot)
Pet 2: Sludgy (Slime, Health 1769/Power 300/Speed 334, Ooze Touch, Creeping Ooze, Expunge)
Pet 3: Darnak the Tunneler (Mouse, Health 1975/Power 300/Speed 300, Burrow, Stoneskin, Stone Rush)
Note: Although Sludgy is an Oily Slimeling, it is classified as a Critter. Although Darnak the Tunneler is a mouse, it is classified as a Beast.

Townlong Steppes
----------------------
Burning Pandaren Spirit (fire)
Location: West of Fire Camp Osul, on the overlook on the coast (Coords: 57.1 42.36)
Pet 1: Pandaren Fire Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Conflagarate, Immolate, Cauterize)
Pet 2: Crimson (Dragon, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Breath, Cyclone, Lift-off)
Pet 3: Glowy (Shrine Fly, Health 1675/Power 315/Speed 501, Swarm, Confusing Sting, Glowing Toxic)
Note: Crimson uses the Spirit of Competition model with a red skin.

Dread Wastes
-----------------
Flowing Pandaren Spirit (water)
Location: Far south east, the little peninsula jutting out into the water that separates Dread Wastes from Krasarang Wilds (Coords: 61.2 87.57)
Pet 1: Tiptoe (Water Strider, Health 1675/Power 334/Speed 315, Water Jet, Healing Wave, Tidal Wave)
Pet 2: Marley (Fish, Health 1600/Power 300/Speed 375, Pump, Dive, Whirlpool)
Pet 3: Pandaren Water Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1769/Power 300/Speed 334, Whirlpool, Geyser, Tidal Wave)
Note: Although Tiptoe is a Water Strider, it is classified as a Critter and NOT Aquatic.

Jade Forest
---------------
Whispering Pandaren Spirit (air)
Location: South of Honeydew Village, north and across the river from Grookin Hill, on top of a large rock pillar (Coords: 28.90 35.98)
Pet 1: Dusty (Moth, Health 1769/Power 315/Speed 315, Moth Balls, Moth Dust, Cocoon Strike)
Pet 2: Whispertail (Dragon, Health 1694/Power 319/Speed 319, Flyby, Slicing Wind, Wild Winds)
Pet 3: Pandaren Air Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1694/Power 319/Speed 319, Slicing WInd, Wild Winds, Soothing Mists)
Note: Although Dusty is a moth, it is classified as a Critter.
Thanks for sharing such detailed information.. I was searching for similar for similar details so sorry for posting in old thread..

Alanrose

Re: Tamer Quests and Info

Post by Alanrose » January 14th, 2014, 5:27 am

Quintessence wrote:Battle Pet Trainers: Pandaria
==========================
All of the following trainers have Epic quality pets. Defeating all of them (and turning in the quest) will get you a reward of gold and a Sack of Pet Supplies. Each time you defeat one of them, you will get the Pet Recovery debuff, which will not allow you to battle any other Grand Master (or Zen Master) Pet Tamers until the 5 min. duration wears off (or you die).

Jade Forest
---------------
Hyuna of the Shrines <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Fangor (Snake?, Health 1500/Power 280/Speed 350, Hiss, Vicious Fang, Burrow)
Pet 2: Skyshaper (Shrine Fly, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 623, Confusing Sting, Slicing Wind, Glowing Toxin)
Pet 3: Dor the Wall (Turtle?, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Shell Shield, Headbutt, Healing Wave)
*Unique Skin: uses the skin.

Valley of the Four Winds
Farmer Nishi <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Location: Fork in the main path that's SE of the "D" in "THE HEARTLAND"
Pet 1: Toothbreaker (Terrible Turnip, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Leech Seed, Inspiring Song, Sons of the Root)
Pet 2: Siren (Singing Sunflower, Health 1657/Power 311/Speed 280, Photosynthesis, Sunlight, Solar Beam)
Pet 3: Brood of Mothran (Silkworm?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Consume, Acidic Goo, Burrow)

Krasarang Wilds
--------------------
Mo'ruk <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Location: Lounges at the beach camp on W side of the island W of the Silty Shallows.
Pet 1: Lightstalker (Moth?, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 623, Alpha Strike, Moth Balls, Moth Dust)
Pet 2: Woodcarver (Grub?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Consume, Acidic Goo, Burrow)
Pet 3: Needleback (Tortoise?, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Headbutt, Grasp, Powerball)

Kun-Lai Summit
--------------------
Courageous Yon <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Piqua* (Chicken?, Health 1832/Power 315/Speed 693, Squawk, Lift-Off, Flock)
Pet 2: Lapin (Tolai Hare, Health 1832/Power 315/Speed 346, Flurry, Adrenaline Rush, Burrow)
Pet 3: Bleat (Summit Kid, Health 1500/Power 311/Speed 311, Chew, Bleat, Stampede)
Note: No way to tell currently what kind of chicken Piqua is or if it's a normal Chicken.
*Unique Skin: Piqua uses the Bush Chicken model and skin.

Townlong Steppes
----------------------
Seeker Zusshi <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Mollus (Snail?, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Absorb, Acidic Goo, Dive)
Pet 2: Diamond (Ice Chip, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Frost Shock, Frost Nova, Howling Blast)
Pet 3: Skimmer (Aqua Strider, Health 1657/Power 280/Speed 311, Soothe, Cleansing Rain, Pump)

Dread Wastes
-----------------
Wastewalker Shu <Grand Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Pounder (Grinder, Health 1850/Power 280/Speed 280, Sandstorm, Rupture, Quake)
Pet 2: Crusher (Crab?, Health 1657/Power 311/Speed 280, Surge, Renewing Mists, Whirlpool)
Pet 3: Mutilator (Hedgehog?, Health 1500/Power 350/Speed 280, Spiked Skin, Counterstrike, Powerball)
Note: No way to tell currently if Mutilator is a Silent Hedgehog or a Clouded Hedgehog.

Defeating all the Pandaria Grand Masters and turning in the quest will give you the quest for the Zen Master.

Pandaria Zen Master
==================

Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Aki the Chosen <Zen Master Pet Tamer>
Pet 1: Stormlash* (Dragonling?, Health 1769/Power 334/Speed 300, Call Lightning, Tail Sweep, Roar)
Pet 2: Chirrup (Cricket?, Health 1600/Power 300/Speed 375, Swarm, Nature's Touch, Inspiring Song)
Pet 3: Whiskers (Golden Civit, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Surge, Survival, Dive)
Note: All pets are Elite. (Don't know if this means anything.) All pets are also Legendary Rarity.
*Unique Skin: Stormlash's skin also is covered in lightning.

Defeating the Zen Master will get you a reward of gold and a Sack of Pet Supplies. It will also open daily quests for Pandaria.

• ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Pandaren Spirit Tamers
==================
The prerequisite for the Spirit Tamer quest is beating Aki the Chosen. To start the quest to battle each Pandaren Spirit Tamer, speak with the Pet Battle Trainer at Shrine of Two Moons (horde) or Shrine of Seven Stars (alliance) in Vale of Eternal Blossoms.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms
Thundering Pandaren Spirit (earth)
Location: North of Mogu'shan Palace, in the hills (Coords: 67.33 14.82)
Pet 1: Pandaren Earth Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1769/Power 334/Speed 300, Rupture, Crystal Prison, Stone Shot)
Pet 2: Sludgy (Slime, Health 1769/Power 300/Speed 334, Ooze Touch, Creeping Ooze, Expunge)
Pet 3: Darnak the Tunneler (Mouse, Health 1975/Power 300/Speed 300, Burrow, Stoneskin, Stone Rush)
Note: Although Sludgy is an Oily Slimeling, it is classified as a Critter. Although Darnak the Tunneler is a mouse, it is classified as a Beast.

Townlong Steppes
----------------------
Burning Pandaren Spirit (fire)
Location: West of Fire Camp Osul, on the overlook on the coast (Coords: 57.1 42.36)
Pet 1: Pandaren Fire Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Conflagarate, Immolate, Cauterize)
Pet 2: Crimson (Dragon, Health 1600/Power 334/Speed 334, Breath, Cyclone, Lift-off)
Pet 3: Glowy (Shrine Fly, Health 1675/Power 315/Speed 501, Swarm, Confusing Sting, Glowing Toxic)
Note: Crimson uses the Spirit of Competition model with a red skin.

Dread Wastes
-----------------
Flowing Pandaren Spirit (water)
Location: Far south east, the little peninsula jutting out into the water that separates Dread Wastes from Krasarang Wilds (Coords: 61.2 87.57)
Pet 1: Tiptoe (Water Strider, Health 1675/Power 334/Speed 315, Water Jet, Healing Wave, Tidal Wave)
Pet 2: Marley (Fish, Health 1600/Power 300/Speed 375, Pump, Dive, Whirlpool)
Pet 3: Pandaren Water Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1769/Power 300/Speed 334, Whirlpool, Geyser, Tidal Wave)
Note: Although Tiptoe is a Water Strider, it is classified as a Critter and NOT Aquatic.

Jade Forest
---------------
Whispering Pandaren Spirit (air)
Location: South of Honeydew Village, north and across the river from Grookin Hill, on top of a large rock pillar (Coords: 28.90 35.98)
Pet 1: Dusty (Moth, Health 1769/Power 315/Speed 315, Moth Balls, Moth Dust, Cocoon Strike)
Pet 2: Whispertail (Dragon, Health 1694/Power 319/Speed 319, Flyby, Slicing Wind, Wild Winds)
Pet 3: Pandaren Air Spirit (Pandaren Spirit, Health 1694/Power 319/Speed 319, Slicing WInd, Wild Winds, Soothing Mists)
Note: Although Dusty is a moth, it is classified as a Critter.
Pretty exciting stuff.. You have shared detailed information.. I have been searching for it for a while..

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 1st, 2014, 5:32 pm

@Quintessence

I have been out of the pet battle loop for a few months and want to get back into the swing. Have they nerfed getting stones from world pet battles? I was farming pet for player XP as well as pets, and saw absolutely nothing, though I went from level 86 to 88 on my toon. I was using pets within 5 level range and getting bonus XP from lower pets.

Also, what is the best way currently to get stones? I assume it is still from tamer dailies, but as I said, having been away from WoW for a while, I have lost track of all the pet stuff.
mykro9#1585

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13864
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 1st, 2014, 5:37 pm

Mykro9 wrote:@Quintessence

I have been out of the pet battle loop for a few months and want to get back into the swing. Have they nerfed getting stones from world pet battles? I was farming pet for player XP as well as pets, and saw absolutely nothing, though I went from level 86 to 88 on my toon. I was using pets within 5 level range and getting bonus XP from lower pets.

Also, what is the best way currently to get stones? I assume it is still from tamer dailies, but as I said, having been away from WoW for a while, I have lost track of all the pet stuff.
There's debate over the battlestone drop rate as of the latest patch, but my opinion is that RNG is RNG.

What level pets were you battling against? Remember, higher level pets supposedly have a higher chance to drop a battlestone.

The "best" way to get battlestones is by completing the Tamer dailies. Again, there's conflicting views on the droprate, but it's still by far the most reliable way to get stones.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » February 1st, 2014, 6:54 pm

Ironically, I needed felweed so I was in Nagrand and Zangarmarsh. I realize that the higher the lvl of the pets you are battling, the better the chance for stones to drop, but I had stones drop in the 10 to 11 range at the beginning of MoP, and I would guess the 18 to 21 range I was battling would have yielded SOMETHING in my hours of grinding.
mykro9#1585

Matteodoors
Realm:Dark Iron-us

Post by Matteodoors » December 19th, 2014, 9:45 pm

Thanks so much for the info about the addon.

Post by Guest » December 21st, 2014, 12:49 pm

hi,
the post so informative at these time.thanks a lot sharing post.

Fallast
Pet Score:859
Realm:Kirin Tor-eu

Post by Fallast » October 2nd, 2015, 12:06 pm

Thanks a lot for that neat guide

Post by Guest » September 17th, 2016, 7:48 pm

hi community my name is bjorn and im new to wow. i need help figure out why i can not do daily pet battles in kalimdor after compleating the achievement that unlocks the dailes. idk i just need help finding a solution i do not know where to find the answer i have checked wowhead and blizzard forums but do not get relivent info i am probably doing something wrong when i try a serch but what can i say the 90's were full of brain damaging fun lol any hellp out be helpfull

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » September 17th, 2016, 11:33 pm

(Perhaps a half-necro, as this is a sticky?)

1. The Kalimdor quests can be completed only on a Horde character, with an exception of Stone Cold Trixxy that is a Grand Master Pet Tamer.
2. You need to unlock Kalimdor quests separately, but once you have done the other quest chain, you can complete them in any order by visiting the tamers/Varzok.

Hope it helps. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Post by Guest » September 18th, 2016, 9:30 am

thank you for your timely reply ^_^

i am a horde player and i compleated the acheivment to unlock the dailies in kalimdor. i thought that was all i had to do for kalimdor was dereat all of its trainers ???

after i got the achievment their were two paws on my world map in kalimdor. one in the mountians way north, her paw was blue. then one way south was green. for 2 days i visited the two coresponding paws/ trainers and the only iteraction i got was a " tell me more about yourself" dialog bubble. after the 2 days i was extreamly frustrated so i did not go back to the paws on my map however i did install the addon -Daily Tamer Check-through -Curse Client - and now i see alot of green paws but no blue. i have olny tried to interact with the gentalmen outside of orgrimmar on day 3 and 4 after the compleation of the achievment.

i come from playing BF4 and am very new to forums. i appreciate your patients and understanding ^_^ i will answer all questions i can so we can help me use this great feature in the game that i am so excited about

my younger brother invited me to play with him but he works days so we do not play untill nighttime and i do not work so i was doing alot of pet battles and trying to do achievents to get mounts. it is frustrating because i am not good with froums and google and getting relivant info. i think this game is great and i was happy to stumble acrrose this community of pet lovers that are as exsited as i am.

thank you for your help

Bearzoob ^_^

Griseldathegrim
Pet Score:13070
Realm:Hakkar-us

Post by Griseldathegrim » December 1st, 2020, 8:23 am

I'm trying to earn the Safari Hat for a young family member; finished Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms, Outland and Northrend so need to take on the Pandaria trainers. (The earlier advice to visit opposing sides' trainers isn't valid at time of writing)

The battle pet trainers seem to have been muted since the last time I undertook this quest chain. After some considerable searching I found this most excellent guide. I've followed it and have defeated now defeated Obalis in Cataclysm (for which nothing is mentioned for the Safari Hat). Was quested back to the capital city pet trainer who promptly said there was somewhere else they wanted to send me. Had assumed Pandaria but no - neither the Pandaria trainers or the trainer in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms want to speak with me.

Now I'm stuck again.