Fleeing in pvp pet battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803
Re: Fleeing in pvp pet battles

Post by Dash » June 8th, 2013, 7:44 am

Spyro wrote:Spoke too soon, just had somebody leave very soon after starting and I did not get credit. I think they had a good chance of winning too.
I had my PC freeze on me while I was clearly winning. I don't know how it appeared on the other side, if I just looked afk or if it made me flee, but the opposite guy must've been a bit confused :)

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » June 8th, 2013, 8:37 pm

yea just encountered my first slew of flee-ers tonight - should def be corrected asap by blizz - just as in arenas, fleeing makes you lose - so it should be here in pvp pet battles

Prudene
Top Rater
Pet Score:5067
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Prudene » June 9th, 2013, 3:35 am

I am one of those guilty of fleeing.. but when you have a team made up of only lvl 7's and the opponent has a lvl 6 , lvl 10 and 9, and you know from their pets that your tiny critters will not win, I would rather regroup and try again...not sure what to do about this.

Zalamander
Pet Score:2185
Realm:Neptulon-eu

Post by Zalamander » June 10th, 2013, 8:46 am

Really hate this fleeing, never really had any fleeing on purpose tho, but I won just barely vs a guy then got him again, this time I was way luckier tho and almost one shot his first pet so he gave up right away, so ofc the only thing that luck gave me was a waste of time ...

Dash
BattleTag®:mab#2803

Post by Dash » June 10th, 2013, 9:00 am

I retract what I've previously said : I work hard enough for my wins, so if sometimes someone thinks my team look scary enough that they'd rather insta flee, I want my win!
On a sidenote, it's funny when you see someone coming up and think uh-ho, this one is gonna be tough, and then... they flee.

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » June 10th, 2013, 10:01 am

I just noticed the lack of win from a flee yesterday. :oops: then I started reading about it.

I apologize to anyone who I messed up by fleeing.

I fled if it was clear I wouldn't win, because I jsut wanted to get through the fights as fast as possible.

Over the weekend I fled if I saw a rabbit because I knew the fight would be far too annoying for my lack of patience.

Azrile
Pet Score:3600
Realm:Fenris-us

Post by Azrile » June 10th, 2013, 5:14 pm

Elmarc wrote:
Quintessence wrote:Mumper's response to this bug (and it is a bug apparently, to not receive a win):

Found a bug in the forfeit <1 min hotfix. Wins should still count, players should just not receive XP. We are working on an update ASAP.
Well. like i mentioned above. i had a person flee 2 battles in a row (different pets, so i dont think it was the same person(account)) and I am 100% positive that i did NOT get credit. so Mumper is wrong on this. I was using a full 25 team for the quest, so xp gained (or not gained) was not one of the issues i had.

Thanks for the link though. If I happen to be able to get to talk to a GM i will link that to him as well :twisted:
Mumper said there is a bug currently. When the bug is fixed you WILL get credit for the win, but will not get exp (that was the part they tried to fix).