Direhorn Runt

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
3wd
Realm:Windrunner-us
Re: Direhorn Runt

Post by 3wd » June 13th, 2013, 2:56 pm

There is no doubt this pet is currently very OP.

However, there are still ways to counter it.

Most of the skill combo that ppl using for this pet is Trihon/ Horn attack / aoe reduce speed, while a few will use the shield as their 3rd skill instead.

The key to counter this pet is on the round that you are expecting them to use the horn attack, you just need to plan your attack and take advantage of that round and use it to switch you pet - remember : horn attack will only make you loss the current round but NOT the next round. So if you will do a pet switch, you are by default will lose the current round anyway, so that basically meaning you are taking a half damage attack at that round.

The next key is to watch the HP line of the direhorn, make sure you finish them once they will be below half HP in 2 shots or less, set it up properly and use your heavy hitter once the direhorn will apporach the half mark line.

I ran a team of crow + karazan imp + skull and I had beaten many direhorn teams in 5.3 using above approach.

usually I start with my imp first, and usually the direhorn will want to always aoe speed reduction first and I will always get a free hit instead and swap him out. After that, unless I have extremely bad luck otherwise my skull can finish him easily.

Still as I said, currently this pet is very powerful (especially if the user is smart and only use Trihorn and shield combo and totally ignore horn attack with certain breed) but once 5.4 will come, and Trihorn will have a one round CD, that means the direhorn must use horn attack and it will become so much more predictable, then we could see people will use them less.

Musicality
Pet Score:1820
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Musicality » June 13th, 2013, 3:19 pm

I have two HP's and one HH, I think I like the HP better. I'm going to do a team of all three to get my pvp achiement before it's nerfed. I also like a team with Direhorn Runt, The white Imp and Giant Bone spider. I've also been trying Direhorn runt, Kun-lai runt and Bone Spider. Any suggestions on breed id? or team setup?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 14th, 2013, 2:13 am

Just curious if anyone utilizing a Direhorn on their team has come up against another team with a Direhorn on it? If so, what was the biggest factor that yielded a win (for either you or your opponent)?

Team make up?
Ability/CD usage?
Breed of Direhorn (or other pet)?
Overall RNG?
Other?

Is it possible to counter a Direhorn with a Direhorn?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Yellowlab
Top Rater
Pet Score:5566
BattleTag®:Yellowlab#1493
Realm:Ner'zhul-us

Post by Yellowlab » June 14th, 2013, 9:39 am

I run into direhorn vs direhorn a lot. The secret to winning is to always just charge. Especially if you outspeed the other one. If you try to horn attack them, and they charge, you lose. You can do the aoe speed loss move if your direhorn is slower, especially about halfway through the fight. This will guarantee you the last attack. I find that many players that have the speedier direhorn will try to use the horn attack though, and this is just suicide :)

Luciandk
Pet Score:3576
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Luciandk » June 14th, 2013, 11:29 am

Yellowlab wrote:I run into direhorn vs direhorn a lot. The secret to winning is to always just charge. Especially if you outspeed the other one. If you try to horn attack them, and they charge, you lose. You can do the aoe speed loss move if your direhorn is slower, especially about halfway through the fight. This will guarantee you the last attack. I find that many players that have the speedier direhorn will try to use the horn attack though, and this is just suicide :)

Come 5.4, trihorn charge gets an 1round cd.