Earth Spirit 2-pet Strategy

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sergio82
Pet Score:4832
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
Earth Spirit 2-pet Strategy

Post by Sergio82 » May 22nd, 2013, 12:40 pm

Ok, the pandaren spirits give out the highest xp per kill, so while i´m tired of the flying and the bag drops sell for less and less each day, I still do them now to power-level pets. Earth spirit is right by Two Moons, so its the easiest one to hit every day. The problem is that of all the spirits, its the only one i can´t kill with two pets (the 3rd is usually a mid teens, early 20s that just there to get swapped in for xp).

My 3-pet team that kills him fairly easily includes a wisp (slow grind of shield/blind/pass and hope RNG doesnt hate me); chromius (bite oozeling and suicide on rat) and cogblade to finish off rat (since you are almost always garanteed to die to back-to-back rams, i figure i need a mech or undead here).

I have 46 level 25 rares (at least 3 of each family) and i can´t figure out a decent 2-pet strategy here. All 3 of his pets seem to hit super hard. Unless I use a fast pet with a block/burrow/fly ability to start it seems that I am at 40% health before even attacking his first pet. Even when i get good RNG luck the little rat just blows my last pet up. What am I missing, which combo can own this guy?

PST: the 2-pet combos I use for other spirits are;
air: chrom-kunlairunt
water: wisp(aoe instead of shield)-any snake(burrow for blow up round on last pet)
fire: undead whelpling-any humanoid pet
(if u want the detailed strategies here post here and Ill reply to you)

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Re: Earth Spirit 2-pet Strategy

Post by Dragonwizard » May 22nd, 2013, 1:04 pm

It's been a while since I've done this one but I do know that a high speed S/S rabbit with dodge and burrow will make this fight all but trivial. I can't remember what my second pet is. I'll try and look today when I get home and let you know.

But you open with dodge (last 2 turns), then hit flurry, burrow and then dodge/burrow on CD. Before the rabbit dies you should be part way through the second pet on a bad attempt. I have actually killed the first 2 pets before with just him (although that is rare). Hope this helps.
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » May 22nd, 2013, 1:44 pm

I *think* the last time I two-petted him I used Anubisath Idol and Kun-Lai Runt. Sandstorm negates a lot of damage, and if you lead off with Deflect to soak that first stun you can usually kill the first pet before it stuns you again.

I swap in the lowbie later in the fight after the Elemental is dead.

Sergio82

Post by Sergio82 » May 22nd, 2013, 1:55 pm

thanks,

i have a level 18 rare rabbit, Imight level on the other spirits before trying here. also have 2 hares at 25, lets hope they have dodge too,

now that i think about it, i also have a rare swamp crocker at 25 with a 2 round block and water attacks (good agaisnt elementals).

i love the kunlai runt, but mine has very low speed (farmed/levelled him before learning about breeds and got lazy about getting a new one), the anub is also worth a shot (never really used his reflect ability, so forgot about it), but i don´t really like the sandstorm as the extra miss % RNG seems to hate me. I also tend to favor multi-attack pets, so the sandstorm is a major nerf for them.

Sergio82

Post by Sergio82 » May 23rd, 2013, 7:36 am

rabbit with dodge/burrow owned the first two pets as predicted! thanks

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » May 23rd, 2013, 8:22 am

well, this can be 2 petted with this strategy:

1) get your carry pet in, it needs to have around 600 HP, though (900 if mechanical
2) switch rabbit with 320+ speed after stun and Rupture and use Burrow against Stone Shot. Use Dodge after the Spirit used Crystal Prison, you will avoid both Rupture and Stone Shot. Then use Burrow to avoid Stone Shot.
3) after Spirit is dead, switch S/S Fluxfire Feline in. Use Prowl and then Claw till the slime is dead.
4) be sure to switch the rabbit back in on the Darnak´s second round and use Dodge to avoid his Burrow and Stone Shot. Then use your Burrow against his Stone Shot. if you use correctly Dodge when he gets under ground and Burrow on his second Stone Shot, you will never take damage and eventusally kill him with 50-60 Flurry hits (+Burrow hits)

Credits to Warpets.info for this strategy

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » May 23rd, 2013, 11:55 am

the sticky mgttdpb guide suggested a strat that allows for a level 1 pet to be switched in. after the rabbit, the mechanical is immediately switched in and kills the slime, it is killed soon after (normally through stone rush, which means that nothing comes in the next round). then you can switch in the lowlevel and proceed with the rabbit.

Chasmyr9922
Pet Score:2824
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Chasmyr9922 » May 23rd, 2013, 2:50 pm

For my team for this one I like to use a Rapana Whelk, Feverbite hatchling, and a Darkmoon Tonk.

Anasa
Top Rater
Pet Score:2322
Realm:The Venture Co-us

Post by Anasa » May 23rd, 2013, 3:55 pm

Chasmyr9922 wrote:For my team for this one I like to use a Rapana Whelk, Feverbite hatchling, and a Darkmoon Tonk.
That's nice... But how is that a "2-pet" strategy?

Tiggindy
MVP
Pet Score:10765
BattleTag®:Mersenne#1798
Realm:Lothar-us

Post by Tiggindy » May 23rd, 2013, 9:24 pm

Sergio82 wrote:Ok, the pandaren spirits give out the highest xp per kill, so while i´m tired of the flying and the bag drops sell for less and less each day, I still do them now to power-level pets. Earth spirit is right by Two Moons, so its the easiest one to hit every day. The problem is that of all the spirits, its the only one i can´t kill with two pets (the 3rd is usually a mid teens, early 20s that just there to get swapped in for xp).
Not to toot my own horn, but if you search my posts in this forum, you'll find a post titled "Tiggindy's advice for pet leveling" it's got my two pet strats for all the daily bag tamers. All the strats still work fine after 5.3.