LF Help with Ji-Kun Hatchling team

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sadiesaurus
Pet Score:933
Realm:Stormrage-eu
LF Help with Ji-Kun Hatchling team

Post by Sadiesaurus » April 9th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Hiya,
I just got a Ji-Kun hatchling and he's so cute I really want to use him for a pet battle team. Does anybody have any ideas what I could use with him for synergy? I don't think there's any weather effects to benefit him? So i'm not sure what to use. I'm not a hardcore pet-battler since I really like cute teams rather then the OP pets which tend to be robots or severed hands xD. So I don't really want to pair him with those kinds of things.

I don't know what the popular OP teams are in 5.2, could anyone offer an advice as to what type coverage I should be going for in order to try and counter them?

Stencil
Pet Score:3290
Realm:Elune-us

Re: LF Help with Ji-Kun Hatchling team

Post by Stencil » April 10th, 2013, 1:08 am

I don't PvP so my advice may be naïve but the Hatchling has a nice built in combo with Acidic Goo and Flock. It seemed to do a lot of damage when I tried it in pve battles. Best way to complement I think might be with a pet that could put up Lightning Storm first. A pet that could set it up with some healing, like a Magical Crawdad, could also be nice.

Sadiesaurus
Pet Score:933
Realm:Stormrage-eu

Post by Sadiesaurus » April 10th, 2013, 8:49 am

Thanks I will definitely look into lightning storm. I have a Magical Crawdad at 25 already so that may be perfect.

Denverrunner
MVP
Pet Score:6503
BattleTag®:denverrunner#1152
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Denverrunner » April 10th, 2013, 10:01 am

The Tranquil Mechanical Yeti is cute and mechanical, plus he has lightening storm! I used a mechanical stone on mine and I love the damage he does.

Iskren
Pet Score:1885
Realm:Kazzak-eu

Post by Iskren » April 14th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Hi mate
Problem is Ji-Kun Hatchling skill set and stats are far from impressive . When it comes to pvp pet battles cute pets are benched ;p