Nordrassil Wisp team comp

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu
Nordrassil Wisp team comp

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 28th, 2013, 5:24 am

HI guys,

Anyone has some experiences with Nordrassil Wisp in PvP? I currently have H/S breed which is at 322 speed and is faster than most of the pets (except for FFF S/S, fast critters and fliers above 50%). I could try to go for S/S breed which would be faster than any commonly used pet in PVP (except for fliers above 50%) - it has 357 speed.

Basically what I do with it is Soul Ward (blocks an attack), Flash (deals 175 dmg and blinds the target) and then Light (deals 250 dmg / 500 to blinded). Then I swap to another pet while the opponent is still blinded and has only 45% to hit my new pet (or just 25% with abilities like Burrow or Lift-Off). I can play with usage of Soul Ward depending what pet I face, sure
I like to pair with Mr. Wiggles who just buffs Anubisath Idol 2/1/2 with Uncanny Luck so I can go 3 times Demolish.
Alternatively I use Anubisath Idol 1/1/1 and Lofty Libram 2/2/2. Sandstorm + Flash reduce hit chance to just 35% (or 15%) and can be pretty frustrating.

So far I found only one comp that poses threat: one that utilizes forced pet swaps. I havent faced Blizzard comps yet, though. A big pro of both teams is that they will be relatively untouched by 5.2 changes (except for Reflection - > Deflection)

What are your thoughts on that team PvP-wise? Any suggestions for different teasm comp built around Wisp?

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Re: Nordrassil Wisp team comp

Post by Spary » February 28th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Well, why would anyone not switch his blinded pet ? Same thing as asking for a Conflagrate while it burns ... So it gets hit for ~170 damage and even less with a sandstorm up - nothing. And vs Healers out there this is especially neglectable (sp?)

I use Idol/Broom/Stinker, with that combo (mainly because of the Idol), the wisp is without any chance, does nearly no damage and gets killed sooner or later.

(PS: I am not a native english speaker, so excuse me ;) )

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 28th, 2013, 1:11 pm

Spary wrote:Well, why would anyone not switch his blinded pet?
Believe me or not, but people rather risked 55% miss chance with a big hit than to lose their turn at all. I didnt make it up, it was happening. Probably a better idea is to use Darkness weather pet and Arcane Blast instead of Flash, not sure. What I know is that I didnt have slightest issues with Wisp´s survivability :)

Spary
Pet Score:10075
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Spary » March 1st, 2013, 6:43 pm

I see your point, there are allways people that don't take the pvp that serious (I often see green and even white and grey pets :shock: ).

But whenever I come across a wisp in pvp (very rare) it is the least of my problems, it simply can not put up any preasure (at least not to my team). And even if it will not die fast, it dies over time, doing marginal damage and let me switch and heal - and there is no way to heal it itself.