Battle Stones?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Dalrint
Pet Score:9471
Realm:Khaz Modan-us
Battle Stones?

Post by Dalrint » February 23rd, 2013, 5:28 pm

So I am a bit confused about battle stones and how to get them. I know we're supposed to get them in the daily bags (though I haven't seen any) but they're also supposed to drop from pet battles?

What are the requirements there? I've been battling like crazy and haven't seen any!

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Re: Battle Stones?

Post by Gendou » February 23rd, 2013, 5:37 pm

Completely and utterly random.
Daily bags have something like a 1/10 chance to drop one, so there's that.
Wild Battles do as well, but it's significantly lower.

I've been battling since the beginning and I've gotten exactly one wild stone.
All the rest of my stones have come from the daily bags.

The main reason I do pet dailies is for stones.
If I happen to get stones while doing random wild battles, well, bonus - but I don't count on it.
ImageImage

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 23rd, 2013, 6:02 pm

RNG is RNG. I'll go a week without getting any, then a day with 4-5 stones. Heck, I got porcupettes on back to back days. I've also had time where I've gotten stones from grinding, but more often than not, I have better luck with bags.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 23rd, 2013, 9:44 pm

As others have mentioned, it's completely random.

From the daily bags: RNG rules supreme, although I've found that I seem to loot them in bursts. Some days I'll get stone after stone from the bags, while I can go for days without looting any.

From wild pet battles: These only come from successful battles. The higher the pet battle, the higher your chances of netting a stone, although that chance is still pretty low. Other than that, there's no requirement.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » February 24th, 2013, 8:19 am

Jumping in this thread with a somewhat related question: are the flawless battle stones (the ones without family restrictions) still changing breed IDs? I've read of this bug a few months ago and am therefore reluctant to use mine for that reason.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » February 24th, 2013, 8:30 am

Ril wrote:Jumping in this thread with a somewhat related question: are the flawless battle stones (the ones without family restrictions) still changing breed IDs? I've read of this bug a few months ago and am therefore reluctant to use mine for that reason.
I haven't read any new reports of the Flawless changing Breed IDs since then, but I would still be wary.

Upgrading to rare quality using a Flawless Battlestone shouldn't be changing the IDs, but if it's a major bug it might take some time before it gets fixed.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com