Best of Each Type

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Formerruling
Pet Score:6226
Realm:Turalyon-us
Re: Best of Each Type

Post by Formerruling » February 20th, 2013, 9:49 pm

Lordblacknail wrote:I have seen the yellow moth mentioned before on other posts. Why the yellow moth as opposed to any of the others?
Lilhottie wrote:I would add a few pets to your list Gendou:
an Emerald Proto Whelp P/P, Flayer Youngling, P/P,
and two that only come in uncommon - Yellow Moth P/P that you upgrade to rare, and a Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling that you upgrade to rare.

Emerald Proto Whelp is awesome versus flyers and anything that does small dotlike damage (rabbits)
Flayer Youngling is awesome versus critters.
Yellow Moth - wrecks aquatics, and does an excellent job on beasts as well.
MPD is awesome versus any magic pet and any pet that hits with magic damage (Antari's pets)
It has the highest atk power of any Moth (341 vs 305 being the next highest)

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » February 21st, 2013, 7:23 am

Yellow Moth is the only moth that comes in the P/P breed.
Mingyao on Madoran

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » February 21st, 2013, 5:42 pm

Spirit of Competition & Phoenix Hatchling are grats pets to use. Both are used regularly by me. As well as Gillean Raven.

Deepfriedegg
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Aszune-eu

Post by Deepfriedegg » February 22nd, 2013, 6:38 am

Lordblacknail wrote:I have seen the yellow moth mentioned before on other posts. Why the yellow moth as opposed to any of the others?
AS others mentioned, Yellow Moth is the hardest hitting moth. Combined with his racial and slow debuff on Moth Balls, he doesnt need much speed to go first.

Combine Yellow Moth with Mr.Wiggles´s Uncanny Luck and Moth Balls are dealing around 1000 dmg and you can choose if you want to go with Cocoon Strike for survivability or Alpha Strike for more damage between the two Moth Balls. Moth can do around 2500dmg in 3 rounds.
Put Anubisath Idol in the mix with 3x Demolish (590 dmg per hit) and you are golden

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » February 22nd, 2013, 1:13 pm

One thing to point out about the Yellow Moth.

The Yellow Moth doesn't only come in one variety. There are three different variations of the Yellow moth and when you buy it from the vendor you can get any variety. They're not expensive so you can keep buying them until you get the breed you want.

Also, if you don't have all the stats memorized for the breed id you want (and who does) then you're going to have to get an addon that tells you which breed id it is.