New AH section - Pets!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
New AH section - Pets!

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 1:26 am

new patch seems to have added a new section and the caged pets now show what pet is inside the cage with an icon and name on the item.

you can search for specific pat family types :)

Re: New AH section - Pets!

Post by Guest » April 28th, 2012, 7:47 am

oooo, very nice!

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 28th, 2012, 10:11 am

Looks like they're going to be organized, that's good. :D
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 28th, 2012, 10:15 am

I'm surprised Mr Chilly is tradeable... Perhaps that will change.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 10:26 am

Sunscorch wrote:I'm surprised Mr Chilly is tradeable... Perhaps that will change.
why wouldn't it be? isn't that rare to see a mr. chilly since everyone needs to merge their WoW account with battle.net :P

the only pets not tradable will be tcg pets (and special promotion pets IIRC).

Jadax
Top Rater
Pet Score:9808
BattleTag®:Sunscorch#2259
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Jadax » April 28th, 2012, 10:45 am

Evilgnomey wrote:
Sunscorch wrote:I'm surprised Mr Chilly is tradeable... Perhaps that will change.
why wouldn't it be? isn't that rare to see a mr. chilly since everyone needs to merge their WoW account with battle.net :P

Not everyone had a WoW account pre-Battle.net :P

I wouldn't expect any of the pets that get posted to new characters to be tradeable.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 28th, 2012, 11:33 am

"Will there be any rules about pet trading? Will we be able to trade pets of limited editions (like Panda Cub) or Blizzard Store pets (like Wind Rider Cub)? How about achievement pets?

We plan to allow players to trade Blizzard Store pets excluding Guardian Cub (because it's not BoP and it's unique). Collector's edition and other limited edition pets (like Mini Tyrael or BlizzCon pets) will not be tradable, either.

You said earlier that not all pets can take part in pet battle system. What are the exceptions?

Currently the exceptions are pets with humanoid children models. They will not be included in pet battle system. Nor will the Guardian Cub."

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm

Sunscorch wrote:
Evilgnomey wrote:

Not everyone had a WoW account pre-Battle.net :P

I wouldn't expect any of the pets that get posted to new characters to be tradeable.

If only that were the case....instead Blizz thought it would be a good idea to make its Pet Store pets tradeable. Makes no sense to me what-so-ever. Since, as people have been mentioning on here, if you were to trade say...a Wind Rider Cub (my fav :D) and then made an alt after, you could potentially just relearn the pet and trade again. Kind of a flawed system if you ask me. Should just exclude ALL exsisting account bound pets IMHO.

And to top it off, the one Pet Store pet that is already sellable on AH is excluded from trade and/or battle!?!?!? How does that work Blizz? Kind of backwards don't you think?

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 29th, 2012, 6:55 pm

I think from MoP on the blizzstore pets will either be mailed to you only once in a character you select it to or they won't be mailed to you at all and they'll just be added to your pet journal automaticaly...

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 29th, 2012, 7:28 pm

Mortis_darkskull wrote:I think from MoP on the blizzstore pets will either be mailed to you only once in a character you select it to or they won't be mailed to you at all and they'll just be added to your pet journal automaticaly...
I thought about this too, and it's definitely a possibility. Blizzard could easily change the way PetStore purchases are handled once MoP is released. Hopefully they'll let us know the details about how they plan on handling issues such as this sooner rather than later!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

GormanGhaste
MVP
Pet Score:10398
Realm:Uldaman-us

Post by GormanGhaste » April 29th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Yes, once pets are account-wide, they won't need to mail them to new characters any more.
Mingyao on Madoran

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 29th, 2012, 7:59 pm

Mortis_darkskull wrote:I think from MoP on the blizzstore pets will either be mailed to you only once in a character you select it to or they won't be mailed to you at all and they'll just be added to your pet journal automaticaly...

After having spent $110 of rl cash on these pets over the years I dont really thinks its fair to those that have purchased them for these pets to be accessable in game as they are about to be. The appeal of these pets was the fact that it was a one time purchase that gave all my characters and future characters a new pet. And since I was late to start playing WoW, I missed out on a handful of pets I will never have access to, which is part of the reason I collected all the store pets.

Its great that Blizz is making all pets account bound now, but it just doesn't sit well with me to make these pets seem so disposable. I work hard for my money (Im sure most do) in order to have the ability to purchase a few things for myself that I enjoy. It's like a slap in the face for having purchased them pre MoP.

I know that not everyone is ever completely happy with changes that happen to anything. And this is one that unfortunately no one will be able to say anything to make me to change my mind on. I find it to be in bad taste on Blizz's part.

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 29th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Maleika wrote:After having spent $110 of rl cash on these pets over the years I dont really thinks its fair to those that have purchased them for these pets to be accessable in game as they are about to be. The appeal of these pets was the fact that it was a one time purchase that gave all my characters and future characters a new pet. And since I was late to start playing WoW, I missed out on a handful of pets I will never have access to, which is part of the reason I collected all the store pets.
that's your PoV on them, let me tell you mine:

I'm brazillian... there isn't a brazillian blizzstore and I don't have an international credit card...

I have money... but I have no way to buy those pets...

I really wanted lil KT and lil ragnaros...

is it fair for me to be punished for "being born in the wrong country"?? IMHO making those pets tradable in-game is a step forward towards justice...

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 29th, 2012, 9:51 pm

I don't see a problem with blizz store pets being tradable i mean the guardian cub is tradable for around 6-9k gold in the game so I see other pets like Lil' K.T etc. selling for more which means they are still hard to get a hold of.

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 30th, 2012, 2:59 am

Evilgnomey wrote:I don't see a problem with blizz store pets being tradable i mean the guardian cub is tradable for around 6-9k gold in the game so I see other pets like Lil' K.T etc. selling for more which means they are still hard to get a hold of.
I wasnt for the Guardian Cub being sellable either.....

Mortis_darkskull wrote:that's your PoV on them, let me tell you mine:

I'm brazillian... there isn't a brazillian blizzstore and I don't have an international credit card...

is it fair for me to be punished for "being born in the wrong country"?? IMHO making those pets tradable in-game is a step forward towards justice...
Yes, it is my opinion on the matter. There are lost of pets that are country based that Id love to have as well. Mostly those that are China servers only, so I hold to my judgment that they should not be tradeable.

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 30th, 2012, 7:12 am

Maleika wrote:Yes, it is my opinion on the matter. There are lost of pets that are country based that Id love to have as well. Mostly those that are China servers only, so I hold to my judgment that they should not be tradeable.
it's different... china and US / EU are in different, completely separated regions and have different stuff (have you ever seen the chinese undead? lol).. you'll never see someone with a china-only pet on your realm and you can't access the china realms unless you get a chinese account so there's no harm done... it's a pet that just doesn't exist for you...

BR and US are in the same region so they accept the same things (which means people who have international credit cards can have those pets)... to make things worst I play on US realms instead of BR realms so I see hundreds of people with these pets around org, or with me in dungeons and raids... it's unconfortable, to say the least...

I'll not keep on trying to convince you that it's a good thing, but from my PoV this is a welcome change and I'm happy... if you aren't, patience X3

Nursie

Post by Nursie » April 30th, 2012, 8:58 am

Maleika wrote:
Evilgnomey wrote:I don't see a problem with blizz store pets being tradable i mean the guardian cub is tradable for around 6-9k gold in the game so I see other pets like Lil' K.T etc. selling for more which means they are still hard to get a hold of.
I wasnt for the Guardian Cub being sellable either.....

Mortis_darkskull wrote:that's your PoV on them, let me tell you mine:

Yes, it is my opinion on the matter. There are lost of pets that are country based that Id love to have as well. Mostly those that are China servers only, so I hold to my judgment that they should not be tradeable.
The guardian cub was the first step to getting rid of gold sellers, it gives players who want some gold a way to get it from selling this pet and it gives pet collectors 2 ways of obtaining it.

I couldn't afford 6-9k gold in-game to spend on a companion pet and I'm not likely to get many pets from the blizzard store apart from on birthdays and christmas. Either way they aren't that easy to obtain unless you can afford it, It'll come down to how much they sell for really.

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 30th, 2012, 4:03 pm

Mortis_darkskull wrote:I'll not keep on trying to convince you that it's a good thing, but from my PoV this is a welcome change and I'm happy... if you aren't, patience X3
Well, thats good since there will be no convincing otherwise. I hear you PoV and understand it and I dont expect anyone else to conform to my PoV. Its all personal opinion and mine is and will remain that they should not be tradeable.
Evilgnomey wrote:I couldn't afford 6-9k gold in-game to spend on a companion pet and I'm not likely to get many pets from the blizzard store apart from on birthdays and christmas. Either way they aren't that easy to obtain unless you can afford it, It'll come down to how much they sell for really.
I can't afford the gold in-game either and I don't exactly have a lot of extra cash every month to throw around. So when a new pets comes out I had to budget to be able to buy it. I am proud to have them because I literally worked for them and I think that making them tradeable cheapens them and makes them "just like every other pet".

Gaijin
Pet Score:9380
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Gaijin » May 1st, 2012, 6:39 am

I think blizzard should create a special part of AH for vendor pets, because is anoying open the AH and see a thounsand of common vendor pets while i am searching for a rare one.

Hey guys do you think in the idea of sell blizzard store pets not as a thing that you have spend your money and now everyone could have, but as a way that you receive some money in game to buy more pets. because with 500 pets in game you should need more money. well at least I will do, because i always told that the best place to farm pet is in AH, and I have no shame to say that I bought all my baby dragons and baby dinos ( except the ZG dino) . And after a frustrating time with the fox i will be glad when i spend all my gold buying one in AH.

But to be honest i have that feeling that the pet that is sold in blizzard store will not be able to be sold in the AH, because it will drop their sales and their profits.

Nursie

Post by Nursie » May 1st, 2012, 2:42 pm

Gaijin wrote:I think blizzard should create a special part of AH for vendor pets, because is anoying open the AH and see a thounsand of common vendor pets while i am searching for a rare one.

Hey guys do you think in the idea of sell blizzard store pets not as a thing that you have spend your money and now everyone could have, but as a way that you receive some money in game to buy more pets. because with 500 pets in game you should need more money. well at least I will do, because i always told that the best place to farm pet is in AH, and I have no shame to say that I bought all my baby dragons and baby dinos ( except the ZG dino) . And after a frustrating time with the fox i will be glad when i spend all my gold buying one in AH.

But to be honest i have that feeling that the pet that is sold in blizzard store will not be able to be sold in the AH, because it will drop their sales and their profits.
there won't be 500 different pets, you have a total of 500 pet slots in your pet journal and you can have a total of 3 of each different pet. This lets people capture the same pet multiple times to sell on AH and maybe even keep 1.

I wouldn't be to worried about blizz store pets being tradable, i hardly ever see the guardian cub pet because people just don't have 6k+ to spend on one pet the same will apply to other blizz store pets. You need to remember that they still cost $10 to buy for the original owner and it'll be up to them if they want to sell it or not and i suspect most will be keeping them to battle with.

it won't drop profits, it'll raise them as people will be buying them to sell on the AH or keep as battle pets. At the moment the only people buying blizz store pets are collectors, in MoP it'll be collectors, people who want to buy gold directly from blizzard and people who want to collect battle pets.