WoW pet battles has some advantages over other pet games.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Nursie
Pet Score:4675
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us
WoW pet battles has some advantages over other pet games.

Post by Nursie » April 27th, 2012, 12:59 am

I Believe WoW pet battles has it's own advantages compared to pokemon and other pet battle games:

1. It's an MMO - People can gather around and have pet battles and talk to each other, you could hold tournaments in the game without changing players etc. and you can talk while battling in real-time! role players everywhere will rejoice.

2. Full 3D - I know graphics mean very little compared to gameplay but here you can rotate and zoom your camera and the environment of the battle is actually where you stand in the world, you can battle in some pretty epic places even underwater or on the floating platforms in nagrand!

3. Full Trainer customisation - your character shows up in the battles and you can transmog the gear into a sort of type-specific trainer look (you can find examples in the RP section) so you can actually be someone who looks like they train undead, dragons, plants, fire pets etc. some examples:

4. Your pets follow you around in the game world - oh how many people wish pokemon had this... any pet you use in battle can be summoned in the real world and will follow you around, some even have unique interactivity and animations.

I can see some pokemon players making a change if they can afford $15 a month due to these factors, what do you all think?

Maleika

Re: WoW pet battles has some advantages over other pet games

Post by Maleika » April 27th, 2012, 5:15 pm

Evilgnomey wrote:4. Your pets follow you around in the game world - oh how many people wish pokemon had this... any pet you use in battle can be summoned in the real world and will follow you around, some even have unique interactivity and animations.

I can see some pokemon players making a change if they can afford $15 a month due to these factors, what do you all think?
I do still play pokemon, since the original red/blue on the original non-coloured gameboy. Personally, I think its awesome that this is being added in to WoW. My 2 fav games in one. Minus the Blizz store pets being tradeable >.<

As far as pets following you around, Pokemon Yellow did have a similar feature that allowed your Pikachu to follow you. So they have gone that route, just not for every pokemon. I actually found it annoying to have my pokemon following me, just due to the graphics, or lack of, in that game. So Im kind of glad that they dont for Pokemon games. I have a feeling that I will always try a new pokemon game though, even though the battle system in WoW will most likely be superior.

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 27th, 2012, 5:36 pm

Maleika wrote:
As far as pets following you around, Pokemon Yellow did have a similar feature that allowed your Pikachu to follow you. So they have gone that route, just not for every pokemon. I actually found it annoying to have my pokemon following me, just due to the graphics, or lack of, in that game. So Im kind of glad that they dont for Pokemon games.
I think they had that feature for all pokemon in one of the more recent games. The updates of gold/silver or black/white if I remember right.

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 27th, 2012, 5:42 pm

Ruzgork wrote:
Maleika wrote:
As far as pets following you around, Pokemon Yellow did have a similar feature that allowed your Pikachu to follow you. So they have gone that route, just not for every pokemon. I actually found it annoying to have my pokemon following me, just due to the graphics, or lack of, in that game. So Im kind of glad that they dont for Pokemon games.
I think they had that feature for all pokemon in one of the more recent games. The updates of gold/silver or black/white if I remember right.
You know, I think you may be right. I was pondering about that but for the life of me cant remember. Must be because it drove me nuts and I moved onto another game lol

SilverDjinn
Pet Score:1121
Realm:Shadowsong-us

Post by SilverDjinn » April 30th, 2012, 2:07 am

Yeah HG/SS had sprite follow you around they were very nice and scaled. Who doesn't like running around cities with a giant blue whale following you?