Strategies for the Darkmoon Daily battle

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us
Re: Strategies for the Darkmoon Daily battle

Post by Stabya » February 6th, 2013, 12:55 pm

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling & Elemental with Burn Dot (Spirit of Summer)

The Dragonling has a nice Anti Magic attack in his first slot, and the Decoy is nice to set up and soak some of the eyeballs attacks.

Taurnek22
Top Rater
Pet Score:2460
Realm:Bloodhoof-us

Post by Taurnek22 » February 6th, 2013, 2:00 pm

Been using my Fluxfire Feline to take out most of his team. Yeah, he's OP, but he's getting nerfed soon. Use him while you can. Flux can take out the first two easily, then just mop up with my Flayer Youngling.

Ysabell
Pet Score:3028
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Ysabell » February 7th, 2013, 11:11 am

Lil' Ragnaros with Sulfuras Smash, Conflagrate and Flamethrower.

Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling with Breath, Decoy and Explode.

Level 1 carry pet.

Start against the Tonk with Rag. Cast Sulfuras Smash first round. Second round Flamethrower. Third round Conflagrate to kill him and then instantly kill him for good with the bonus hit after his mechanical rez.

Hit eye with Sulfuras Smash until Rag dies. Have Mech Dragon drop decoy and use breath until eye dies. Continue using breath on monkey until low on health then explode for the win and let your level 1 soak the xp.

Adorich

Post by Adorich » February 7th, 2013, 4:00 pm

I've been unable to use a lowbie pet with this tamer. That monkey skips my turn and can becomes impossible. The other day he did 4 attacks before i died.

I think the monkey's UI uses dot damage as my turn. If immolate or other dots aren't on the monkey I have a better chance of getting a turn.

Stoutspectre
Pet Score:4473
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Stoutspectre » February 7th, 2013, 8:59 pm

I personally like the Cogblade Raptor against his monkey pet, simply follow up Screech with Batter, which will get an extra "strong" attack in due to being quicker. It helps. With the Mechanical pet's resurrection ability, it should be enough to beat him. I've learned not to pass if I'm stunned, so usually I have another pet in the fight when he brings his monkey in. Once that is stunned, I'll switch to the Raptor. I've found that if we're evenly matched at the end and I can weather his first two pets, the Raptor will almost always emerge victorious.

As far as using a lowbie pet for the xp goes, I use Lil' Deathwing to weather the first two pets, then send in the level 1 when the Tamer send out the monkey. Immediately, the monkey will stun, doing no damage, and I can switch to the Raptor to finish it off. Not everyone has a pet that will be as effective against the first two pets as Deathwing, but I'm just offering my own strategy, there. :D

Principa
Top Rater
Pet Score:9797
BattleTag®:Principa#1346
Realm:Winterhoof-us

Post by Principa » February 7th, 2013, 10:57 pm

I use:

Nexus Whelpling vs. Magic
Fel Flame vs. Mech
Fluxfire Feline vs. Beast

It's successful except for when the monkey goes ape#$%^ :roll:

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » February 8th, 2013, 11:10 am

I had made this post earlier in this thread:
I use Mag.crawdad / Terr.turnip and whatever leveling pet you want
Just use Turnip's sunny day and Crawdad's wish all on the Eye pet Feasal that has - it's weak and allows you to swap
these two pets in and out (sunny day 'backline' attacks enough to wipe out the tonk and monkey without ever facing them every time) a bit slow but always works
_____
Just wanted to add that your turnip and Crawdad need to be around lvl 23 at least

This works for Major Payne as well when he starts with the bear-but they need to be lvl 24 or 25
and your leveling pet needs to hit for 500hp to do away with the maxed out hp of the bear(with sunny day it gets up to 2700)
the crawdad and turnip wear him down some but you need a decent finisher
the anod robocub (hh) works

Kandystryper
MVP
Pet Score:9027
BattleTag®:Squishy#1137
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kandystryper » February 8th, 2013, 12:28 pm

I've defeated him consistently with:
Fluxfire Feline
Emerald Turtle
Scourged Whelpling

Yalina
MVP
Pet Score:3448
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Yalina » February 8th, 2013, 2:50 pm

Quintessence wrote:I use a mix and match of mechanical and elemental against Jeremy Feasel, but ever since last month's bug (using Decoy while up against the monkey kept kicking me out of battle) I've switched to a pretty set team
So *that's* what was going on last night. I was trying to level my Darkmoon Zepplin on the fight (he's only 21) and every time I got down to just the monkey, I'd get kicked out with error message "Failed to Create Pet Battle". Now that I think about it, it probably was each time the Zepplin put up Decoy. I was on a character who needed the tickets, so I didn't have any bandages and it was so very irritating to wait out the 8 minutes timer.

As for matchup, when I just want to kill him and give up at trying to level a pet, my set team is Searing Scorchling for the mechanical, Infinite Whelpling for the eye, and Cogblade Raptor for the monkey.

Nentar

Post by Nentar » February 9th, 2013, 7:55 am

Hi.
I am not pro not even good but if i can help... i will.
I totally rape Darkmoon tamer. I use Fel Flames in rare q caught somewhere in outland (think nether...). Shadeling it is undead pet caught after mignight under karajan and my feline.
Shadeling is used to kill the magic with the stack damage of its first skill (anti- air) and i loose it in battle ... if i am lucky i hit the mechanical once or twice. My fel kills mech with 2 skills. the magic of the second slot (changes weather and adds dot too)and conflagrate . Most of times i dont even get hit more then 2 times. Then it takes the stun hit from monkey and i change it to feline... then it is easy...
I hope i helped.

Waddatoe
Pet Score:2076
Realm:Eldre'Thalas-us

Post by Waddatoe » February 9th, 2013, 10:31 am

I like to use Clockwork Gnome and Dark Phoenix Hatchling on the Darkmoon Trainer.

The gnome can turret and repair vs the eye- then switch to the dark phoenix hatchling to take the tonk apart quickly- then switch back and turret vs the monkey and you'll get strong damage even during his stuns. You can put your carry pet in at the beginning of the engagement to take the weak self buff attack that the eye seems to prefer leading off with.