Pet Leveling in the Wild - Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us
Pet Leveling in the Wild - Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Post by Iconyx » February 1st, 2013, 2:16 pm

Initially, I overlooked Vale of Eternal Blossoms as a place for leveling pets because I wasn't satisfied with the reliability of Flying abilities (FYI, they are strong vs. Aquatic types and Vale is overwhelmingly Aquatic, but they tend to have a moderate => high chance to miss or hit 1-3 times). However, the Brilliant Kaliri is such an effective counter to Aquatic pets that I now level against wild pets on days that I've finished my tamer circuit exclusively in this zone. Peck can usually 2-shot anything while Peck and Predatory Strike guarantees a kill, save for very high health rares and well-timed heals. Additionally, above 50% health the Kaliri will always strike first, meaning you can - ideally - wipe out an opponent for every hit you take.

Wanted to share this info in case some of you are looking for a change of scenery to level or a place to grab an Aquatic stone.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Re: Pet Leveling in the Wild - Vale of Eternal Blossoms

Post by Talmar » February 1st, 2013, 4:11 pm

I agree, the Brilliant Kaliri is great. I also use my Jade Owl. Even at uncommon it wipes an entire team of aquatics.

Tyloncorp
Pet Score:4397
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Tyloncorp » February 1st, 2013, 4:56 pm

Vale is awesome for really quick grinding!

My personal choice is the Pterrodax and a P/P breed Nether ray fry. The pterro, between his heal and his attacks, can basically cruise his way to victory on the aquatics. The Fry hits like a truck so hes a good back up, the fact he has a magic attack that hits hard is great for when you get those occasional glowfly's mixed in.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » February 1st, 2013, 11:45 pm

I just use moths. I have 4 of them at 25 that all have the same abilities (pretty sure every moth but the imperial moth has the same set up). Alpha Strike combine with Cocoon Strike and Moth Dust takes care of the aquatics very efficiently with minimal damage taken on my part.

Lokth
Pet Score:950
Realm:Frostmourne-us

Post by Lokth » February 5th, 2013, 1:16 am

I tend to use both Dragonwaste and the Vale; My only issue with the vale is there is a much higher chance of ending up in a pvp situation, which can increase leveling time.