No daily in EK to defeat trainers??

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Silverz
MVP
Pet Score:13866
Realm:Bleeding Hollow-us
No daily in EK to defeat trainers??

Post by Silverz » January 30th, 2013, 8:30 am

Hi there,

I've defeated every trainer, and do the master trainers daily for a chance at Porcupette...no luck yet :( (edit...finally got it last night)

My question is this: I get a daily quest from the Orgrimar trainer on my horde toon to defeat 5 trainers (Zunta, Dagra the Fierce,Analynn, Zonya the Sadist, and Merda Stronghoof) and this rewards a bag of pet supplies. However, on my Alliance toon, I do not get a similar quest in Stormwind for an extra chance at the bag of supplies. Any idea why I get the quest on one and not the other?

Elriel
Pet Score:2142
Realm:Nera'thor-eu

Re: No daily in EK to defeat trainers??

Post by Elriel » January 30th, 2013, 8:56 am

As far as i know, what you got in Orgrimmar is a normal quest. You got it because you only did the alliance version so far. Same goes for all continents. As soon as you beat the master tamer on a continent and get the achievement, you should be able to accept dailies from the tamers on that continent. But only the master gives a bag as reward.

Silverz
MVP

Post by Silverz » January 30th, 2013, 9:42 am

Maybe I didn't explain myself completely. I have all the achievements for defeating every trainer, and am able to do every single daily every day from the trainers that drop the bags of supplies. This includes all the EK, Kalimdor, Outland, Northrend, Cataclysm, and Pandaria trainers.

Additionally, I get a daily from the trainer in Orgrimmar to defeat 5 trainers (the ones I listed above who do not in themselves drop a bag of supplies). Defeating all 5 gives me a bag of supplies as the reward. I do not get this equivalent quest from the trainer in Stormwind for the Eastern Kingdom trainers, and am confused as to why not.

Any ideas?

Garfield
Pet Score:13606
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Garfield » January 30th, 2013, 10:24 am

I have the same thing going on. The only reason I can think of is that my horde toon is higher level (also more time played) than my alliance toon. I haven't heard anything from people who play strictly alliance on if they get the repeating quest or not.

Silverz
MVP

Post by Silverz » January 30th, 2013, 10:40 am

I have both horde and alliance toons at max level, so that can't be the reason.

Aerozia
Pet Score:8990
BattleTag®:Aerozia#1505
Realm:Skullcrusher-us

Post by Aerozia » January 31st, 2013, 3:31 am

I would very much like to see an answer to this too. I play horde and can't find an eastern kingdom equivalent to this quest.

Gendou
Pet Score:4413
BattleTag®:Gendou#1955
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Gendou » January 31st, 2013, 3:51 am

Aerozia wrote:I would very much like to see an answer to this too. I play horde and can't find an eastern kingdom equivalent to this quest.
A friend and I switched to our Alliance characters and went to the pet trainer in Stormwind to see if an EK equivalent existed, and it didn't. We thought it was something we were doing or not doing, but apparently this is widespread?
ImageImage

Nirtxed
Pet Score:3013
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Nirtxed » January 31st, 2013, 5:24 am

They're considered the same dailies in addition to being Account Dailies.
Completing one continents dailies (Horde: Kali, Alliance: EK) flags the other unavailable. Consider them the same quest.

Misthunt3r
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Misthunt3r » January 31st, 2013, 8:29 am

Daily pet tamer that gives bag as reward in EK is just behind Karazhan.
And doing Kalimdor one doesn't flag it as undoable because I do both Winterspring (Kalimdor) and Karazhan (EK) tamers each day :)

Silverz
MVP

Post by Silverz » January 31st, 2013, 12:37 pm

I think you're missing the issue misthunt. That trainer you are referring to near Karazan is one of the many pet trainers I battle daily as it offers the bag of pet supplies. What I'm saying is that on the horde side there is an additional quest daily to defeat 5 of the lower pet trainers that do not offer the bag as a reward, but defeating all 5 gives you that bag of pet supplies. There does not seem to be the equivalent on the alliance side and I wondered why. Someone pointed out that you can only do one or the other but not both...well...I can log on to my alliance toon first and that quest is not offered, but it is on my horde toon, so that's not the answer either.

Dragonwizard
Top Rater
Pet Score:6685
BattleTag®:Dragonwizard#1388
Realm:Hellscream-us

Post by Dragonwizard » January 31st, 2013, 12:47 pm

Sounds like a bug to me. Have you tried posting this in the official bug forums?
"Even when you are winning soundly, you must always give your opponent a way to retreat with honor. If you don't, then he has no reason to surrender. He will fight until the bitter end, and you will pay a larger price for victory."

Contesa
Pet Score:3999
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Contesa » January 31st, 2013, 12:48 pm

I have wondered the same thing myself, and can't figure it out. I don't do it every day but it's nice to have the bag when I do.

Sindalee
Pet Score:2290
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Sindalee » February 1st, 2013, 12:28 pm

you'll also notice that under the main pet battle achievement area there isn't a "taming eastern kingdoms" like there are for kalimdor and all other continents. i've wondered if that's tied in also. like it was overlooked, or not deemed necessary.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » February 1st, 2013, 2:15 pm

I always assumed that the repeatability of "Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor" was a bug. Varzok offers me this one each day, but the other quests were only given once.

Ger
Pet Score:1985
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Ger » February 1st, 2013, 8:35 pm

Nirtxed gave the reason -or at least what seems like the sensible answer.

You can have the Kalimdor trainers daily or the Eastern Kingdom trainers daily. You can't have both.

Drop the one from Orgrimmar and then check in Stormwind and I bet you'll be able to get the SW one.

Morchant
Pet Score:2327
Realm:Der Rat von Dalaran-eu

Post by Morchant » February 1st, 2013, 9:49 pm

It's a bug...be happy while it lasts. They will probably fix it somewhere in the future. It's not intended as a daily...yellow exclamation mark.