npc pet quality = exp?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Secondbayse
Pet Score:5091
Realm:Malfurion-us
npc pet quality = exp?

Post by Secondbayse » January 28th, 2013, 5:40 am

Hi all!

First post here, and I'm hoping the community can help me out. I'm well on my way to 75 level 25's, and a question has popped into my head. When battling random wild pets, does their quality matter when it comes down to how much exp my pets get? ie: if they're rare, will I get more experience than if they're poor/common/uncommon? Is it worth my time to battle the harder npc's?

Thanks in advance!

Thingil
Pet Score:806
Realm:Arygos-us

Re: npc pet quality = exp?

Post by Thingil » January 28th, 2013, 6:45 am

Hello,
I know it does with the epic and legendary pet trainers, but not that i have noticed in wild ones but i could have missed it.

Ratshag
Pet Score:6591
Realm:Cenarion Circle-us

Post by Ratshag » January 28th, 2013, 11:14 am

I am quite certain that the XP you get from battling a wild pet is based entirely on its level and yours - quality has no effect on XP. Defeating an NPC tamer, as opposed to a wild pet, multiplies this XP by 3.5 (in Pandaria, less for the lower-level tamers).

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Post by Stabya » January 28th, 2013, 11:56 am

If you have a good number of level 25 rares, It is Well worth your time to battle the NPC's.

Most of them can be beaten with 2 pets and a lowbie (All of them if you have enough variety)

Using that strategy you can level at least one pet a day to 25 in about an hour.

***Levelling times cary depending on how many alts you have camped at non pandaria trainers***

Potion of deepholm is valuable to doing the cata trainers

Secondbayse
Pet Score:5091
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Secondbayse » January 28th, 2013, 6:23 pm

Thanks for the help, and tips, all! MUCH appreciated. Confirming what I thought, unfortunately. :?