Mechanical Stone?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sabahe
Realm:Duskwood-us
Mechanical Stone?

Post by Sabahe » January 27th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Anyone ever seen one of these? I want to upgrade my Fluxfire, but have not seen a Mech stone yet.

Stabya
Pet Score:2086
Realm:Undermine-us

Re: Mechanical Stone?

Post by Stabya » January 27th, 2013, 10:13 pm

They exist - sometimes show up in sack of pet supplies

Tahsfenz
Top Rater
Pet Score:3920
BattleTag®:Tahsfenz#1414
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Tahsfenz » January 27th, 2013, 10:53 pm

I decided I would see what would happen first, me finding a rare FFF or a mech stone dropping. I found the FFF first.

Post by Guest » January 28th, 2013, 1:04 am

I got one from a daily the other day, they do exist!

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » January 28th, 2013, 4:31 am

Never had one drop from a wild pet, but have had one or two from daily bags. Oddly enough, the majority of stones I've had have been Humanoid / undead / elemental with one or two mechanicals dotted through. Gief beast / critter stones please :D

Myrrmi
Pet Score:2466
Realm:The Maelstrom-eu

Post by Myrrmi » January 28th, 2013, 7:01 am

I've had several already, can't say exactly how many, but for sure remember upping my mechanical yeti, pandaren dragonling, personal world destroyer and s/s FFF.

Get a hefty stack of patience and do the trainer dailies. (I found having 3 unplayed alts parked at EK, K and Outland master tamers a great idea to speed it all up) The stones will drop eventually, but random is random, and RNG is a female dog.
Right now I seem to get flooded with flying stones (started using them on trash vendor pets I won't play anyway), while I desperately /need a dragon one and two magics. Go figure.

Tcaveny
Pet Score:2521
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Tcaveny » January 28th, 2013, 10:59 am

If you want a rare fluxfire, go to different servers making level 1 gnomes. You can log between them fairly quickly and will find a rare fluxfire in no time. There are only 2 breeds so it's not too difficult finding a rare S/S.

Sabahe

Post by Sabahe » January 28th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Tcaveny wrote:If you want a rare fluxfire, go to different servers making level 1 gnomes. You can log between them fairly quickly and will find a rare fluxfire in no time. There are only 2 breeds so it's not too difficult finding a rare S/S.
I'm not up to date on the breeds of different pets. What is an S/S?

Iconyx
Pet Score:2660
Realm:Magtheridon-us

Post by Iconyx » January 28th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Sabahe wrote:I'm not up to date on the breeds of different pets. What is an S/S?
Pets come in varieties like weapons do. A weapon with a lot of durability is like a pet with a lot of health, and the pet's breed is called H/H. A weapon that does a lot of damage is like a pet with a lot of power, and the pet's breed is called P/P. A weapon that's very fast is like a pet with a lot of speed, and the pet's breed is called S/S. A weapon that's fast, has a lot of durability and does a lot of damage is balanced, and the pet equivalent is called B/B. Some pets only come in one variety - or breed - while others come in many. For example, you'll only ever find an Anubisath Idol as an H/H breed, while a Nordrassil Whisp comes in 6 different varieties. How, you ask, if there are only 4 possible breeds (H/H, P/P, S/S, B/B)? Because there are hybrids. Nordrassil Whisps can be B/B and S/S, in addition to H/P, H/S, P/B, and S/B. There's a stat-point distribution system for determining breeds on this website, but that's a little too in-depth for your question. If you're curious, the link's below.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/breeds/

Sabahe

Post by Sabahe » January 28th, 2013, 5:35 pm

Iconyx wrote:
Sabahe wrote:I'm not up to date on the breeds of different pets. What is an S/S?
Pets come in varieties like weapons do. A weapon with a lot of durability is like a pet with a lot of health, and the pet's breed is called H/H. A weapon that does a lot of damage is like a pet with a lot of power, and the pet's breed is called P/P. A weapon that's very fast is like a pet with a lot of speed, and the pet's breed is called S/S. A weapon that's fast, has a lot of durability and does a lot of damage is balanced, and the pet equivalent is called B/B. Some pets only come in one variety - or breed - while others come in many. For example, you'll only ever find an Anubisath Idol as an H/H breed, while a Nordrassil Whisp comes in 6 different varieties. How, you ask, if there are only 4 possible breeds (H/H, P/P, S/S, B/B)? Because there are hybrids. Nordrassil Whisps can be B/B and S/S, in addition to H/P, H/S, P/B, and S/B. There's a stat-point distribution system for determining breeds on this website, but that's a little too in-depth for your question. If you're curious, the link's below.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pet-battles/breeds/
I did some reading, and have a better understanding now. Thanks for the link.

I found out my uncommon FFF is a 8/18! Which explains why he hits so hard!

Zephriel
Pet Score:1812
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Zephriel » January 29th, 2013, 2:50 pm

I was lucky enough to get one after doing a tamer battle. It was a wonderful surprise getting one from my goodie bag.I had Been hoping to get one to upgrade FluxFire as well. :)

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » January 29th, 2013, 3:14 pm

Sabahe wrote: I found out my uncommon FFF is a 8/18! Which explains why he hits so hard!
FFF hits hard no matter what breed ;)
If you have the patience, I recommend finding a 5/15 (S/S) for this one

Bonhomous
Pet Score:2167
Realm:Maiev-us

Post by Bonhomous » January 29th, 2013, 4:27 pm

In regards to the FFF, turns out you do want the S/S one. You'll take at least one less hit. I wasn't sure because I was just excited to find a rare and it was the ... other one, forget exactly. It hits hard, but there are times against trainer when it would be nice to go first.

Regarding stones - I also have alts i'm not using spread out around the various trainers. I just do the login shuffle, fight a trainer, log the next one.
I have never gotten a mechanical stone and I want one so badly. I want to upgrade my squirrel and my mechanical dragon among others.

I have gotten 4 aquatic, 3 magic, 1 critter, one beast, one flying, two undead, two elemental. . . but no mechanical stones.
I did get a generic one, so I used that on the mechanical dragonling.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 31st, 2013, 4:36 pm

I've got a few Mechanical's but have never yet seen an Elemental, Magic, or Undead. I've only ever got 1 general and used that on my Scourged Whelpling.

I'd think twice about upgrading a Fluxfire Feline now a days. Given the massive incoming nerfs to him it may not be worth it come 5.2

Mech Panda Dragon should be the first stoned mecha in my opinion. But with decoy changing mayby not so much now.