little bit of info from chinese Q&A

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sikker
little bit of info from chinese Q&A

Post by Sikker » April 21st, 2012, 6:35 am

There's a chinese Q&A that's been translated on mmo-champion here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2744-Kun-Lai-Summit-Preview-Dragon-Soul-Challenge-Developers-Q-A-Blue-Posts-TCG-Art

here are the questions about the pet battles:

Q:Will there be any rules about pet trading? Will we be able to trade pets of limited editions (like Panda Cub) or Blizzard Store pets (like Wind Rider Cub)? How about achievement pets?
A:We plan to allow players to trade Blizzard Store pets excluding Guardian Cub (because it's not BoP and it's unique). Collector's edition and other limited edition pets (like Mini Tyrael or BlizzCon pets) will not be tradable, either.

Q:You said earlier that not all pets can take part in pet battle system. What are the exceptions?
A:Currently the exceptions are pets with humanoid children models. They will not be included in pet battle system. Nor will the Guardian Cub.

Look's like we won't be able to trade collector edition pets and we'll see most pets in action including battle-balloons!

Ruzgofdi
MVP
Pet Score:4033
BattleTag®:TrojanRat#1907
Realm:Zangarmarsh-us

Re: little bit of info from chinese Q&A

Post by Ruzgofdi » April 21st, 2012, 9:56 am

Once again my hopes for a panda cub are dashed.

And no children battlers. That's just the argent squire guys so far, right?

Mortis_darkskull

Post by Mortis_darkskull » April 21st, 2012, 11:10 am

Ruzgork wrote:Once again my hopes for a panda cub are dashed.

And no children battlers. That's just the argent squire guys so far, right?
I hope that means they'll add more humanoid children companions.

I want a salandria T_T

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » April 21st, 2012, 1:20 pm

I don't understand why the Guardian Cub won't be allowed in pet battles. Is it because he's too cute?
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 21st, 2012, 2:05 pm

Doobjanka wrote:I don't understand why the Guardian Cub won't be allowed in pet battles. Is it because he's too cute?
My best guess is because of the special coding that had to go into the Guardian Cub to make it BoP for the first 24 hours and then suddenly unbind so people can sell it in-game for gold. Mix that code with the Pet Battles code, and I bet something funky happens. XD
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Imthedci
Pet Score:2862
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Imthedci » April 21st, 2012, 2:13 pm

*growl* I hope they don't do anymore pets like the Guardian Cub... :evil:

Sikker

Post by Sikker » April 21st, 2012, 5:04 pm

Imthedci wrote:*growl* I hope they don't do anymore pets like the Guardian Cub... :evil:
Since all other blizzard store pets are becoming tradable there won't be any reason to make new pets with the mechanics of the Guardian Cub.

Lysi
MVP
Pet Score:975
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Lysi » April 21st, 2012, 10:19 pm

Why are there humanoid pet battle abilities then? For adult humanoid pets? But that wouldn't be very many pets, would it?

Or are they using a double standard, and when they say exclude "humanoid" kids they only mean the humanoid *playable* races, but don't care if a naga baby or a wolvar pup duke it out? Maybe not, I just bring it up because it's a pet peeve of mine the way so called "lesser" humanoid races are treated in the game. Nothing wrong with killing random gnolls just because you need some linen, gnolls don't matter. (And by the way, if we're supposed to be the smart ones, why can't we make or own linen cloth from flax? Apparently that's a skill we can't master. I'm still looking for the secret gnoll linen factory!) But you kill everything in this game, so I guess to show the attitude I'm talking about, I'd have to look up the text of various quests for a better example. Oh, here's an example, along with the animals on display at the Darkmoon faire, there's always a humanoid group or individual in the first pen, someone the game depicts as less intelligent, that has been tricked into being on display by being told they're waiting for a fair tour guide. I've seen several different ones, sometimes it's a few Oracles, or Corki, humanoids the game portrays as dumb. Yeah, I'm being the caveman in the Geico commercial here, that kind of thing bothers me. XD

But I was really hoping the pet battles would be presented like a duel--a test of strength, not an actual fight. I don't want to see cute critters of any kind actually killing each other. And that doesn't make sense anyway, how can I adopt a mouse if it's dead?! (It's like killing a dragon whelp to get a dragon whelp, which also never made sense to me, didn't I just kill the pet?) And if the battles were just practice or play fighting the way I' d like, the kids could be part of it. It's like your child playing sock tug-of-war with a puppy, just for fun.
Some of my best friends are imaginary…

Maleika

Post by Maleika » April 22nd, 2012, 12:51 am

Sikker wrote:
Imthedci wrote:*growl* I hope they don't do anymore pets like the Guardian Cub... :evil:
Since all other blizzard store pets are becoming tradable there won't be any reason to make new pets with the mechanics of the Guardian Cub.

It would make more sense for the guardian cub to be tradeable over any of the other blizz store pets since its already able to be sold on the AH. Am right choked that they are making the rest of the blizz store pets tradeable! Considering the price and the fact that they are account bound on purchase...That was part of the reason I spent REAL LIFE CASH on them. What a piss off. Not cool Blizz, not cool. >:/