Pet Levels Reverting Back

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Prissilah
Pet Score:4124
Realm:Stormrage-us
Pet Levels Reverting Back

Post by Prissilah » January 16th, 2013, 10:22 am

:(
Last edited by Guest on January 16th, 2013, 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Re: Pet Levels Reverting Back

Post by Notamonk » January 16th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Nope.

I wouldn't be worried about re-leveling your pets. It takes no time at all to get pets to 25.

Best way to do it is as follows. (this should take you about 45mins)

-Go to Valley of the Four Winds and go to Farmer Nishi. Battle a random wild pet with a team of 2 25's and the level 1 you want to power level. Bring the pet into combat for 1 round (doesn't have to attack, just bring it in for a full round). Once you beat that team your pet should be level 6. Go to Farmer Nishi and do the battle. Bring your level 6 pet out for the first round. After that use the other 25's and beat Nishi (really easy, ai for this battle are hilarious). After that head to Vale of Eternal Blossom and kill the Eternal Striders. They spawn all around the pool in the middle near Aki. After about 20-30mins of battling with your pet you should be able to bring it up to level 25 in no time.

If you have a good enough team or strat you could also try and 2v3 one of the pandaren spirit tamers for even more exp for your pet.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 17th, 2013, 11:42 am

I noticed this as well and opened a ticket. I had level a couple pets to 25 and the next morning they were all back to 22 and 23. Haven't heard back yet .

I agree, it is easy to level a pet from 22 to 25 but I shouldn't have to do it again on pets I've already done it on.

I'll post the answer I get from Blizzard.

Epicleptic
Top Rater
Pet Score:10816
BattleTag®:Epicleptic#2421
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Epicleptic » January 17th, 2013, 1:02 pm

Same thing happened to me. 4 pets de-leveled and 1 reverted back from rare to uncommon quality.
Apparently some data wasn't saved and this meant the pets gaining levels and upgrading wasn't recorded. Sadly it also means we won't get anything from it, not a refund from used stones either, because there is no evidence of these pets ever leveling/upgrading.

It doesn't take long to level pets and if it was anything like with me it would've only been a few hours worth of 'damage'. Hope this hasn't* disheartened too many pet collectors :)

Edit: *has to hasn't, good lord :p
Last edited by Epicleptic on January 17th, 2013, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » January 17th, 2013, 1:14 pm

Yeah sounds like a server roll-back.. although I haven't seen any of those in a few years myself.. not sure if they still happen or not :/

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Post by Notamonk » January 18th, 2013, 3:41 pm

Talmar wrote:I noticed this as well and opened a ticket. I had level a couple pets to 25 and the next morning they were all back to 22 and 23. Haven't heard back yet .

I agree, it is easy to level a pet from 22 to 25 but I shouldn't have to do it again on pets I've already done it on.

I'll post the answer I get from Blizzard.
Fair enough; I still find it strange that the data would roll back like that. Never heard of that happening before, with anything in the game for that matter.