Those, "Must have" pets.

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sabahe
Realm:Duskwood-us
Those, "Must have" pets.

Post by Sabahe » January 4th, 2013, 1:53 am

I'm looking for statistical numbers on must have pets. I know a lot of people have said Magical Crawdad, Anubish Idol , Restless Shadling, and a few others. But Beside the obvious over powered pets. What are some other good pets? The kind that can solo a whole team of 3 pets.

I've become very confident in my crab team, Fire Crab, Strand Crawler, then 1 other pet for big dps.

Calaknight
MVP
Pet Score:1583
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Those, "Must have" pets.

Post by Calaknight » January 4th, 2013, 3:28 am

I suggest you consider:
* Fluxfire Feline for mechanical dps, so long as teamed with team healer pet
* Terrible Turnip to assist wild pet capture, & team heals
* Strand Crab for aquatic & team heals

I like Infinite Whelpling & Restless Shadeling, but a lot depends on situation/opposition.

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » January 4th, 2013, 10:54 am

The kind that can solo a whole team of 3 pets.
Is this for PvP or PvE?

Right from day 1, Baby Blizzard Bear and Clockwork Gnome have done wonders for me.
Both have self-heals and can solo just about anything the game can generate in the wild
- what the one can't do, the other can.

Towa1
Pet Score:5081
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Towa1 » January 4th, 2013, 1:02 pm

My crimson shale hatchling really kicks but with the web and leech abilities plus the stoneskin defense.

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » January 4th, 2013, 1:46 pm

Sabahe wrote:The kind that can solo a whole team of 3 pets.
i have to say clockwork gnome might be the mvp pet period.

i agree with shale, underrated for levelling- there are a few different ones in deepholm, get them all and then even at 21-ish they can solo just about anything in pandaria (not tamers tho). then that pet gets xp too. shield makes any stampede miss every time, web + leech = good damage and self-heals.

but since 25s don't leech xp any more, there are tons of pets that can solo any wild pve 3-team thru pandaria... any spider, almost any mech, almost any dragonkin, some flyers, any crab or pinchy, any turtle... etc etc
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » January 4th, 2013, 3:28 pm

My Flayer Youngling rules my battle stable. He's awesome. Using reflection right I've solo'd Nishi with him as well as many other 2/3 pets for many other daily tamers.

I like that he can solo and entire group of 25's in the Heartland as they are all critters usually. Great for non tamer leveling.

NathKnave
Top Rater
Pet Score:6469
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by NathKnave » January 5th, 2013, 10:48 am

If we're talking pets used for leveling other pets, the Emerald Whelpling and Nightsaber Cub have been my all-stars. Both of them have solid healing abilities that can keep them going for awhile, since I don't like going back and forth to a stable master for heals. The whelpling can actually hit pretty hard on the second or third opponent in a battle with its dragonkin racial, and its Emerald Dream ability is a pretty potent heal when you need it. The Nightsaber Cub is amazing at soloing the critter-heavy Valley of the Four Winds, and his Devour ability keeps him at full health for almost every fight.

Izzistormheart
Pet Score:3255
Realm:Kirin Tor-us

Post by Izzistormheart » January 5th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Shakesbeard wrote:
Sabahe wrote:The kind that can solo a whole team of 3 pets.
i have to say clockwork gnome might be the mvp pet period.
I just started collecting and battling pets pretty much yesterday, I started with my gnome because he was cute :D
I am so glad I did because he really is worth his weight in gold! Lucky me! Really enjoying pet battles and this forum :)

Liame
Pet Score:2924
Realm:Dunemaul-us

Post by Liame » January 6th, 2013, 12:10 am

Oozelings. Disgusting Oozeling or (what I currently use) the high atk Jade Oozeling. Going 3, 2, 1, 1 using the two damage-enhancing dots and the life steal will kill almost any pet. It's humongous. I use an oozeling in most fights, and they can solo the water spirit tamer (and die on the same turn they kill the 3rd pet, conveniently dumping all that xp on whatever other two pets you have).

And in pvp battles, being a magic type ruins the plans of all those people that try to one or two shot you with pump and fluxfire feline.