Family Exorcist not updating

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Djinmonet
MVP
Pet Score:10695
Realm:Garona-us
Family Exorcist not updating

Post by Djinmonet » November 27th, 2022, 10:29 pm

Not sure if this is a known thing, tried searching for any related topics. Only found old posts elsewhere. Specifics, in case this isn't eyerollingly known and known.
Family Exorcist, using FFH to track.
World Quest Airborne Defense Force - Faryl.
Last battle to win the Achievement. Mech., 8/9.
Won every single time, with "you won" messages. Plus completed the WQ on both chars trialed. Tried logging all the way out and back in, nope. Tried using another char who hadn't done the WQ yet, nope. Will not update.

Also tried the command line to log the pet battle, mentioned in a very old post, but apparently that's not a valid command anymore for the battler addon.

Will try again after the next patch. (I do not like/use Discord, so didn't search there.)

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Family Exorcist not updating

Post by Gráinne » November 28th, 2022, 7:01 am

Well, I'm in the Discords and I haven't heard anything about this there.

OK, so let's walk through the possibilities.

You say you are using FFH to track. Just to be sure, have you looked in your actual Achievements? You should see the tick marks beside the completed battles in Macabre Mechanicals.

What team were you using? Are you absolutely sure they were actually all Mechsanicals?

Djinmonet
MVP

Post by Djinmonet » November 28th, 2022, 11:09 am

Can't look at my actual achievements right now (server down), we had thought to fully relog in the char that beat the team using the active WQ in case it 'fixed' on loading. Only fully relogged on the first char who beat the WQ with the auto load team, and then did mech battles after. I've noticed recently the delays happening with many achievement credits, and on log in with a backlog of cheesements. (Most I don't care about, so had sort of forgotten this happens!) Team are all mech. Saved mech for last because they are easier, then didn't play for a long time during shadowlands. My spouse was puzzled too, and went through everything on my screen we could think of. First thing he wanted to see is that mech team. lol Hope to update that this is sorted on server up. All I remember using was tinytron, but I was looking at skills mainly, to handle the high crits and rng. (edit-Also, ha, that battle log that I said didn't work, it's because the command is or was for a different addon. Woops. One I never thought I'd need to bother loading my memory down with. Ahem.)

Djinmonet
MVP

Post by Djinmonet » November 30th, 2022, 5:01 pm

Unsatisfying conclusion with what happened, as nothing was fixed upon re-logging in, either char? However, satisfying conclusion in the end, for myself, when another trainer that I needed mech with popped. That went perfectly fine. Achievement done, and pet acquired! Shame, it may not look like any trainer is skippable in this new expansion.