best against dragonkin?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Racoon101st
Pet Score:2026
Realm:Ravencrest-eu
best against dragonkin?

Post by Racoon101st » December 30th, 2012, 10:21 am

Guys,

i'm looking for a pet that is good against dragonkins. i know that the humanoids do 50% more damage against them but i'm looking for a pet that has one or two good attacks against dragonkins, if possible also a defence like a bubble or something. i have been looking on forums and stuff but didnt found anything usefull. maybe you can help me with this.
I allready have the kun-lai summit but i hope to find one that is even better?

Altra
Pet Score:3612
Realm:Die Aldor-eu

Re: best against dragonkin?

Post by Altra » December 30th, 2012, 10:33 am

How about the Flayer Youngling with his Reflection?

Racoon101st
Pet Score:2026
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Racoon101st » December 30th, 2012, 11:02 am

yes the flayer youngling is a good choice idd, i have a rare, just need to raise him to 25.
thx

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 30th, 2012, 11:17 am

The Flayer Youngling's a good choice, but I prefer Anubisath Idol who also has Reflection. Sandstorm is such an underrated ability, and does wonders against dot classes.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 30th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Quintessence wrote:The Flayer Youngling's a good choice, but I prefer Anubisath Idol who also has Reflection. Sandstorm is such an underrated ability, and does wonders against dot classes.
Yeah that, Anubisath Idol is awesome against Dragons!

I'm not as much a fan of Sandstorm as Quintessence is, because the miss chance always seem to play against me >.<
But one of his basic abilities is good vs dragon, combined with Reflection, it's just awesome :)
He's got tons of Health and humanoid life leech passive to help keep him alive too

Shakesbeard
Top Rater
Pet Score:4734
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Shakesbeard » December 30th, 2012, 12:21 pm

PvE dragons in pandaria use a lot of flying attacks... i use celestial drag against them- good D against fly, and moonfire/starfall to overwrite weather (and buff celestial's heal)

for PvP though, pretty rare to see dragons that use fly attacks. in my pvp teams i try to use one undead most of the time, and i use that against dragon (strong D) and/or human (strong O). my old standby was Lost of Lordaeron, which has good self-heals, but lately i've been using naxx undeads. need a weather-changer teammate with it tho.

flayer/idol are good choices too... flayer though, for some reason i don't like using it... it's like the kobe bryant of battle pets, when i see one on the other team i just 'ew.'

idol sandstorm is good for the weather overwrite
MADORAN__ <WCP> Shakesbeard
___________<LPL> Factotem
___________<PP> Orcane, Shrecksar, Remoo

Poofah
Pet Score:4206
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Poofah » December 30th, 2012, 2:22 pm

Dragons tend to have a variety of different damage types, so if you don't know exactly which dragon you're facing (ie for pvp), then Flayer and Anubisath are definitely great choices--and they're also strong against non-dragons. If you know you'll be taking a lot of dragon-type damage, then Scourged Whelpling is very good: reduced damage from dragon attacks, and he heals 100+ per turn with Plagued Blood + Tail Whip, and then he can end the fight with a Call Darkness for 550-600. I prefer him for Aki/Fire Spirit, for example (he generally takes out both the dragon and the fire spirit on the latter fight, just because the dragon does so little damage to him and he gets 2 turns of attacks even after the fire spirit blasts him with conflag).

Dragonling
Top Rater
Pet Score:2160
Realm:Sen'jin-us

Post by Dragonling » December 30th, 2012, 4:07 pm

My current go-to is Feline Familiar. Prowl + Call Darkness are potent if you don't mind ending up with the darkness weather effect. I've never seen it miss, and at 25 it's an insta-kill for any of the Pandaria tamers' dragon pets.

If you don't have a way to deal with the weather effect or rely too much on healing, I definitely recommend Scourged Whelpling.

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 30th, 2012, 4:33 pm

On the tamer battles, I almost always use Lil Deathwing when there is a dragon (you can substitute the dark whelpling if you don't have Deathwing). Call Darkness will often one-shot them if they are the 2nd or 3rd pet (dragon racial + Call Darkness being a humanoid attack). He also deals high damage outside Call Darkness with the bolt and his tail swipe.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » December 31st, 2012, 11:07 am

I use Pandaren Monk. Focus Chi (100% extra damage) + Fury of 1,000 Fists + 50% for humanoid attack routinely takes 80%-100% in a two-move combo, allowing me to finish off with a quick jab. Guarenteed kill on all PvE trainer dragons, not tried him in PvP.

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 31st, 2012, 11:20 am

I second the Pandaren Monk. I've found I can 3 shot any dragon out there. Jab the first attack, Focus Chi the second attack (many times this is when the dragon takes to the air) and then Fury for the 3rd attack.

In PvP, the foe will always swap out the dragon against my monk. :(

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » December 31st, 2012, 3:09 pm

I'm kind of biased towards my avatar, Curious Wolvar Pup. ;)
He puts the hurt on an all-dragon team. Just wish he came with a different Breed ID (would like a little more speed)

Kevsmart
Pet Score:2952
Realm:Cho'gall-us

Post by Kevsmart » January 2nd, 2013, 5:59 pm

Seems odd but Peddlefeet is really good against dragons, I've been using him for farming the spirit trainers.