Terrible Turnip bug?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu
Terrible Turnip bug?

Post by Index » July 1st, 2021, 10:03 am

Per title, weakening blow apparently doesn't always take enemies to 1HP it seems, I've killed a few rare pets by mistake when trying to capture them!! Be warned.

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Terrible Turnip bug?

Post by Rosqo » July 1st, 2021, 5:09 pm

This bug happens due to the rounding maths that pet battles use, magic pets are one that comes to mind due to their racial.

Waynebrady
Top Rater
Pet Score:13904
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Waynebrady » July 2nd, 2021, 9:04 am

Are you sure the pet isn't doing an ability that causes itself damage? I have seen quite a few pets in SL do this, especially in the new zone.

I have yet to see weakened blow kill an opponent, and I strictly use it for new pet captures.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » July 7th, 2021, 4:20 am

Waynebrady wrote:
July 2nd, 2021, 9:04 am
Are you sure the pet isn't doing an ability that causes itself damage? I have seen quite a few pets in SL do this, especially in the new zone.

I have yet to see weakened blow kill an opponent, and I strictly use it for new pet captures.
Nope, it was a standard critter type creature, it was 100% the weaking blow that killed it. Perhaps a rounding error, but it's happened a couple of times now, never happened before...

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 8th, 2021, 3:15 am

We replicated the bug with a magic pet and it's racial activating the same time as it gets hit. It's probably one rule coming into effect before another but inconsistencies are common in pet battles.