Tarr the Terrible possible bug

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13701
Realm:Saurfang-us
Tarr the Terrible possible bug

Post by Zhevrakeeper » June 30th, 2021, 6:46 am

Hi all,

Since the patch dropped I have done my regular pet circuit and found that Tarrs fight has changed. Normally the very first move he casts is Gladiator Murkalots ability that stuns him and he swaps out.
Because he swaps the next pet that comes in, Gladiator Deathy should ‘miss a turn’ as his coming in to the battle was his turn, however I am finding he swaps in and gets a move straight off.

Is this a bug? Because at first I thought that the patch may have changed that stunned pets now get a free swap, so I let Murkalot stun my pet, and my pet did not get a free swap and had the usual ‘missed turn’.

Anyone know what’s going on?

EDIT: Just seen this happen multiple times now with different NPC trainers, their pets get stunned, swap them out and get a move off in the same turn. I on the other hand have never had the ability to swap and get off a move the same turn. Lots of my strats bank on stunning and getting an "extra move" in, especially against Cymre Brightblade. What did they break? :cry:

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Tarr the Terrible possible bug

Post by Ranok » June 30th, 2021, 11:59 am

It's not just Stun that's changed. Other trainer battles in Pandaria, using strategies that have been almost foolproof since Shadowlands launch, are now unwinnable. Farmer Nishi's pets hit harder, and order of his moves has changed. Pandaren Fire Spirit (I don't use stuns on him) hits a lot harder.

Strangely when I tried Tarr and his pet was stunned, second pet swapping in did miss his turn.

There is an obvious bug with Tarr later on. After daily reset, ran him again using a different team. Started off by blinding first pet so he missed his attack and therefore didn't stun. After that rest of battle went like always until the very end. Second time Gladiator Murkimus used Heroic Leap, which is normally followed by an attack on next round, he just vanished. I passed three times and nothing happened. Finally used an attack and it killed him.

Thefandom
Pet Score:8002
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Thefandom » June 30th, 2021, 1:36 pm

Yea all kinds of messed up in a ton of different fights.

Burning hits hard. I think there might be a problem with Sandstorm because I use that in the fight and it seemed like maybe dots weren't being mitigated. I'll have to test that tomorrow.

Nohatok
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Nohatok » July 1st, 2021, 12:07 pm

It's not that one battle that's the problem.
It seems now that if you have a speed advantage you can swap pets without costing a turn, and stuns on you wear off immediately at the end of the turn you were stunned, thus not losing a turn.

Solitha
Pet Score:9555
Realm:Silvermoon-us

Post by Solitha » July 1st, 2021, 1:42 pm

I just did a Jammer fight (Zandalar) in which a whole turn went by as if both sides passed. I lost the Supercharge buff in that round which pulled a lot of the teeth from the following Wind-Up.

Rhum
MVP
Pet Score:11392
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Rhum » July 3rd, 2021, 8:09 pm

My old reliable pet levelling route in pandaria is damaged, probably elsewhere too. As above posts, something is broken, hope they fix it soon.

Freyera

Post by Freyera » July 5th, 2021, 12:10 pm

Stuns in general have been not functioning since the patch. I have stunned pets with different abilities (Tiny Snowman most recently), and have been stunned, even in single battles where they could not swap out, and the entire next turn is lost for both the stunned pet and the one doing the stunning. When there is another pet to swap to, it's like you "pass" your turn on the round they swap out, but your choice of move is still buffered and the battle proceeds as normal. Not certain why this is happening.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » July 6th, 2021, 7:41 am

In my DMF fights, I noticed the monkey skipped several turns as my puppy was underground. Wasn't sure if this was intentional since the attacks would be a miss anyway, or if it was a bug..

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Rosqo » July 6th, 2021, 10:43 am

Puppies of the flame etc is bugged at present probably with the same skipping turn issue as the cause

Freyera

Post by Freyera » July 6th, 2021, 5:33 pm

Funnily enough, if you pass your turn, the AI will always do the same now. So if you'd like an ability to come off CD before the AI gets a chance to move again, you can just keep passing. Or poison them and just keep passing.

I mean, it's super broken. And cheesy. But that's what it is right now.

Edit: It's speed based. If you're faster, then it works. Not if you're slower. This is probably the same thing going on with the stuns as someone stated earlier.