Anti cyclone?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gbh102
Top Rater
Pet Score:11849
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Anti cyclone?

Post by Gbh102 » April 28th, 2021, 9:19 am

Hello
Lately I've spotted, that, with recent weather changes, some yet another morron with no skills at all is running cyclone team all over and all over again, with Anubisath Idol (so, Blighthawk, Jademist and mentioned Idol). This fight is freaking difficult, I've beaten him few times but I need an advice with counterteam, so I coulod beat this stupid jerk EVERY single time so he will regret that he ever thought about this team.... Any advice ? Thanks in advance...

Rosqo
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: Anti cyclone?

Post by Rosqo » April 28th, 2021, 1:46 pm

Root effects, object removals, forced swaps, dragonkin, dots, stuns, blinds etc.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » April 29th, 2021, 4:26 am

Seems like the other guy's got skills enough to win regularly tbh :lol:

Gbh102
Top Rater

Post by Gbh102 » April 30th, 2021, 8:56 am

Not really ;). I have team to beat him EVERY single time, but, TBH, I'm pretty tired to use same counter all the time ;( (btw > Aqir Tunneler, Sandyback Crawler & Enchanted Broom will melt Cyclone team to the pieces in a blink of eye ;)). The point of my post is to make SEVERAL comps which will beat this jerk EVERY single time so he will be, finally, forced to LEARN pet battles and make some other comps :P ;)). Thanks anyway. Also: sandstorm, object removals, force swaps.... I know all that stuff, the point is, that with Idol and its Sandstorm (again > RECENT weather changes, which makes weather hits soooo freaking hard) and Jademist, who, under Rain Dance buff, hits sooooo fkn OP hard punches, this team is really, REALLY hard to beat ;))). That being said - waiting for some more complex answers :)))).

PS. Also - can someone explain to me, which abilities are ALL objects removal? For instance: Tidal Wave will remove Cyclone yet Whirlpool will stay on the battlefield, while Clean-Up would remove BOTH. So, which abilities are which? Which objects removal skills are removing which objects? Which skills would remove ALL objects? Since I am still learning pet battles, some stuff is still bit unclear for me... Thanks in advance.

@Rioriel: Seems like the other guy's got skills enough to win regularly tbh

If you are running the same team several hundreds time in a row, you will get VERY skilled in using this particular team in almost every situation ;P.
Last edited by Gbh102 on May 1st, 2021, 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » April 30th, 2021, 9:04 am

You just want teams that will beat that comp? Or pets that you can slot into an existing team?

Gbh102
Top Rater

Post by Gbh102 » April 30th, 2021, 9:10 am

Doesn't really matter yet I would prefer other pets so I will have some difference between fights.. As stated earlier - I'm really, REALLY tired of using Sandstorm/Tidal Wave/ Magma Wave and similar staff all over and all over again... We have over 1k pets at our disposal yet, by such morrons, we are forced to use the same ones all the time... Such a pity....

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » April 30th, 2021, 1:47 pm

You can try a few different things:

One I'd go for would be a trap into an object removal so that you remove their cyclone whilst also activating your trap. Ideally you'll want the pet with the object removal to be faster than the jmd so you interupt and stun. I'd probably keep away from the wave type abilities and stick to cooldowned abilities like clean-up, sniff out, grave destruction etc.

Maw Crawler also offers you alot of potential as it has the forced swap and strong damage vs the jmd with the ability to tank it's CDs.

The Moon-Touched Netherwhelp is one of the best pets at the moment especially with a speed increase but even without running the blind to prevent cyclone from landing whilst also taking weak damage from the cyclone if they do get it up.

Tonguelasher gives you a root to prevent them landing the cyclone combo and also a forced swap that cannot be dodged.

Give those a try.

Sunderezz
Top Rater
Pet Score:11384
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Sunderezz » April 30th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Gbh102 wrote:
April 30th, 2021, 9:10 am
Doesn't really matter yet I would prefer other pets so I will have some difference between fights.. As stated earlier - I'm really, REALLY tired of using Sandstorm/Tidal Wave/ Magma Wave and similar staff all over and all over again... We have over 1k pets at our disposal yet, by such morrons, we are forced to use the same ones all the time... Such a pity....
This is such a great thread imhm, for a couple of reasons. Most important to me is how it represents the great community support available within the battle pets community. I value how questions are welcome, no matter what level of experience or skill. Personally for most of my noob year #1 (leaving room for many more ;) ) I felt quite timid about asking questions that might have seemed obvious and indicative of my lack of knowelege and skill. Reading this forum helped so much and served to build my confidence.

The second reason I appreciate this thread is, while on the surface the OP is asking for help in finding creative comps for one endlessly played team, it also touches on a deeper challenge - staying engaged and creative when facing one or two teams over and over again. This is a challenge that just goes with the game it seems, yet conversations like these help to inspire and encourage my personal play. For me, a satisfying match is what I love, regardless of win or lose.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » April 30th, 2021, 11:21 pm

Just tested to make sure and none of the "remove object" abilities (Tidal Wave, Magma Wave, Clean-up, Grave Destruction) will touch Whirlpool. I don't know of any way to stop Whirlpool from happening.

Gbh102
Top Rater

Post by Gbh102 » May 1st, 2021, 4:51 pm

AFAIR Clean-Up IS removing whirlpool, am I right ?
Also
rosqo Maw Crawler also offers you alot of potential as it has the forced swap and strong damage vs the jmd with the ability to tank it's CDs.

The Moon-Touched Netherwhelp is one of the best pets at the moment especially with a speed increase but even without running the blind to prevent cyclone from landing whilst also taking weak damage from the cyclone if they do get it up.
OFC I DID use all that staff you've mentioned, but, as stated above: RECENT weather changes (which makes weather hits soooo freaking hard) and Jademist, who, under Rain Dance buff, hits sooooo fkn OP hard punches...

Soooo, it used to work but (as already stated above): If you are running the SAME team SEVERAL HUNDREDS time in a row, you will get VERY skilled in using THIS PARTICULAR team in almost every situation.... He is, simply, PREPARED..... OMG, in the other hand, I was never, EVER even thinking about mastering ONE particular comp... What brain damage those ppl suffer I have no idea yet they should visit some psychologist/psychiatrist straight away as they REALLY have some serious problems.....
Last edited by Gbh102 on May 6th, 2021, 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » May 2nd, 2021, 12:57 am

Guess I'd never checked any Remove Object abilities on Whirlpool before, was a bit surprised to find Clean-Up did NOT remove Whirlpool. Then tried Magma and Tidal Waves and the Graves thing and they didn't touch it either.

Suspect Whirlpool is considered to be an impending event and not an object, or whatever according to Blizzard logic. It's going to happen and only defense is having some sort of dodge ability to avoid it damaging you.

Rosqo

Post by Rosqo » May 2nd, 2021, 2:06 am

The weather's were buffed when Shadowlands was released pretty much 6 months ago not recently. Just run your own weather teams if it's that broken and unbeatable.

Jademist hits hard due to the crit/hit mechanics. Essentially it's steam vents will never hit on the low end of its range whilst it's buffed. It's a good pet but no one is calling it OP right now.

It just sounds like they're a better player than you and that's all. You know their team and how they play which should give you an advantage. If you can't put multiple teams together to beat theirs consistently you're doing something wrong.

Also whirlpool doesn't get removed by clean up but as it's not especially a strong ability in PVP it's irrelevant in nearly all games.

Mournheim
Pet Score:2587
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Mournheim » May 2nd, 2021, 11:02 am

I've been fighting this guy who uses Knight-Captain Murky, Voidglower, and Jademist Dancer. I'll use Grinder with Rock Barrage and sandstorm to get past Shieldstorm and mitigate some dot. The murloc is SOOOOOO overtuned. An ability that has 400 damage, allows frontline +25% damage for 3 rounds, with just a 1 round cooldown is ridiculous on top of Shieldstorm and Whirlwind. Just dumb. By comparison Spirit of Competition has an ability that does 154 damage and raises it's personal damage by +25% for 3 rounds.... I digress

Anyway. Swap to Fluttering Glimmerfly in anticipation of Voidglower. Dazzling Dance and switch to Sandyback Crawler when you anticipate his Jademist. Lock the Jademist down with grasp and use Sandstorm to swap cleansing rain back. It isn't perfect. His comp is really good with Murky. But goddamn if it isn't fun to fight.

Grandmamama
Pet Score:12016
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Grandmamama » May 6th, 2021, 1:54 pm

My anti cyclone strategy is to pray for good rng.