Returning player, what were standout BFA pets?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Science
Pet Score:4652
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Returning player, what were standout BFA pets?

Post by Science » March 2nd, 2021, 11:50 pm

Hello all. I'm returning from a hiatus, and the last time I played, the only really notable battle pet for strategies from BFA was the Hermit Crab. While I am very much an ALL THE THINGS type of collector, I'm trying to get my collection up to snuff to complete the mono-type pet battle daily achievements. I have a decent collection of pets, but only 96 at 25 so I have a lot of gaps. (I'm in dire need of Aquatics in particular. For now I'm just following the Most Used pets guide for that but any special standouts would be helpful to know about!)

So while I was gone for most of BFA, what useful pets did I miss?

Papazol
Pet Score:9646
Realm:Balnazzar-us

Re: Returning player, what were standout BFA pets?

Post by Papazol » March 3rd, 2021, 5:54 pm

In BfA were like 200 pets. And many from them are jsut great. From Anomalus and Chitterspine Skittering to Feathers and Thunderscale whelpling. And I still did not know how many from them are good.

Gbh102
Top Rater
Pet Score:11849
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Gbh102 » March 22nd, 2021, 4:18 am

I'd say PLENTY of them are REALLY interesting and with quite an unique movesets; Hermit Crab, Restored Revenant, Boghooper, Caverndark Nightmare, Lost Platysaur, Chitterspine Skitterling, K'uddly, Anomalus, Crimson Skipper, Nightwreathed Watcher, Shadowback Crawler, Spectral Raven, Feathers, Voidglower, Golden Chirper, just to name few ;))). Keep hunting and trying, you will be surprised with how many of them you will really enjoy the battles ;)))

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » May 10th, 2021, 8:57 pm

Science wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 11:50 pm
Hello all. I'm returning from a hiatus, and the last time I played, the only really notable battle pet for strategies from BFA was the Hermit Crab.

I have a decent collection of pets, but only 96 at 25 so I have a lot of gaps. (I'm in dire need of Aquatics in particular. For now I'm just following the Most Used pets guide for that but any special standouts would be helpful to know about!)
Hi,

To level your pets, a while back I kept track of Squirt and I remember in one day, I did something like over 500 levels on probably 30 to 40 pets ... and made sure they were all way up ... usually to 23, since in those days, you could go to the zone above Aszuna and you could use any of your 23 pets as a 3rd and he would get credit for a win and level.

There are others, but none as good and fun as Squirt ... but remember that with Squirt, the procedure is what makes it right ... or the battles get harder.